Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Shrapnel Could be out by August???

Shrapnel Could be out by August???

Old May 24th 2012, 2:31 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shrapnel Could be out by August???

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Lol.....

here's my contribution - in the style of an angry British expat:
I hope she rots in hell. Drug dealing scum.
Jeez! She had marijuana (4.2kg) not methamphetamine.(IMO much worse than heroin) ... And she wasn't abusing children! Punishment proportional to crime... Or have you recently joined the Taliban and have a newfound zeal for stoning adulterers to death as well??
Old May 24th 2012, 9:54 pm
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alipally
Jeez! She had marijuana (4.2kg) not methamphetamine.(IMO much worse than heroin) ... And she wasn't abusing children! Punishment proportional to crime... Or have you recently joined the Taliban and have a newfound zeal for stoning adulterers to death as well??
4.2 Kg is enough to drive how many kids towards harder drugs?
Punishment fits.
Old May 24th 2012, 11:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

are you also 'in role' as an angry expat?
Old May 25th 2012, 12:05 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andrew63
Punishment fits.
Totally agree with you, The amount of crime that is drug related be it theft/muggings/murder/ drug debts so as the addicts can feed their habbit. All caused by the likes of this Vile woman. I personally think she should have had the death sentance along with all the others.

John
Old May 25th 2012, 1:04 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Does drug addiction start with the dealers? Do the dealers start as young teens trying it out for the first time, then subesquently discover that using is a mugs game and the cash is in dealing?

Where does it all start?

How about that teenage boy that probably knew drugs were illegal and was caught with a small amount of drugs on him, some called for his blood, others said he didnt know what he was doing and deserved a second chance?

Shrapnel knew what she was doing and took the risk but where do we draw the line, who do we give second chances to? If that boy knew what he was doing (I am not saying he did), should he have been given a second chance?

His parents may have sold his story due to financial ruin from the legal battle, should Shrapnel and her parents be able to do the same or could both cases be classed as profiting from drugs?

Drug dealers are scum but where do they start? At what age should people be held accountable for their actions and do teenagers know what dope is and are they purely innocent and ignorant to what can happen in a country like Bali where to many of us, the penalties are obvious?

Shrapnel has served time in a prison, and her actions would have had repercussions to many including children had she not been caught.

The teenage boy that was caught with drugs, some say he had done it before and it wasnt the first time, his actions could also have repercussions as in there if he bragged about his 'adventure' - who knows who may have looked up to him for that, who knows how many kids could be influenced by him and who knows if he has suddenly become a reformed person and stopped his dope habit.

Who in life, deserves a second chance in cases like this and if it were your son or daughter - would you think differently to how you do now?

Drug users and drug dealers and the families that sell their stories - all profiting from drugs in a variety of ways.

A very difficult area and I am so glad I am not a parent.
Old May 25th 2012, 6:19 am
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

I think some people are missing the point here.

The crime wasn't committed in Australia, it was in Indonesia.

Indonesia has decided to have a hard policy on drugs. Its not up to us to set that policy, any more than it is the Indonesia people to set our policy on Australian parking fines.

Corby knew the rules, she had a sister living in Bali, and she had visited several times. It is made very clear to anyone entering Indonesia that there are severe penalties for smuggling drugs.

The truth is Corby thought she could get away with it because the Indonesian customs are very slack, and if you are caught you can usually bribe your way out of most things. She thought being a white skinned blond she was untouchable.

Her case serves as a salutary lesson to every traveler - just like midnight Express did in the 70s, and Bangkok Hilton did in the 80s. You obey the rules when you go to someone else's country, or you risk being in hell.

The real problem is a lot of people are so complacent in the West and think they can do whatever they like, that when they go overseas they try the same trick.

Having sex on a beach in Dubai? Head to hell.
Import drugs in most of Asia? Head to hell.
Spit on a photo of the King in Thailand? Head to hell.
Etc.

Edited to add:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midnight_Express_(film)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangkok_Hilton

And:
http://www.reuters.com/article/2008/...K9474820080903
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_depth/6498297.stm
http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...608677664.html

Idiots all.....

Last edited by slapphead_otool; May 25th 2012 at 6:29 am. Reason: Added links because no one here can remember the 70s or 80s. :(
Old May 25th 2012, 8:13 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
are you also 'in role' as an angry expat?
nope, not angry, just a little exasperated at the absolute nature of what people think is an acceptable punishment. I can't be the only person who thinks this, after all, the death penalty was abolished in 1965 in the UK and in Australia, 1973.

For those who think it would be different if I saw how drugs can affect lives,I'd like to add that I have not been untouched by the damage drugs can do to you.... even if it's not me who's taking them (never so much as smoked a cigarette, and loath being drunk) Not going into details, but I've dragged them back from the very brink on more than one occasion.... I still don't think anyone should pay for their crime with their life.....

We are all some mothers' son or daughter.
Old May 25th 2012, 9:07 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

.... I still don't think anyone should pay for their crime with their life.....
I disagree http://www.smh.com.au/world/norwegia...410-1wnaj.html
I am sure many others will too.
This guy is facing a maximum of 21 years after killing 77 young people in cold blood.
Old May 25th 2012, 10:41 am
Ping pong PoM

You and I both know that he is never leaving hospital.... He's completely psychotic and I believe that they think he has a personality disorder too.

I understand what you're saying, but I cannot agree with it, although I'm sure that you will find others that will, but I, cannot
Old May 25th 2012, 11:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

A question for you armchair legal eagals and barrackroom lawyers...

In indonesia would she have to admit guilt and express remorse to get parole? Or is this a mif?
Old May 25th 2012, 11:25 am
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007

In indonesia would she have to admit guilt and express remorse to get parole? Or is this a mif?
From what I read the Indo public aren't pleased that she got a reduction in her sentence, so parol is going to be really problematic even if she did admit guilt.

To get parol she needs to be in Bali (or at least in Indonesia) which means she will need to get a visa. Indonesians are masters at playing games, so don't expect her to be out for some time. My guess is there will be endless problems with obtaining parol...

Having said that, just watch what happens when the silly bitch gets back to Australia. I bet $20 that within a year she revisits Bali.....

Some people are just too stupid to exist. They prove Darwin right all along.
Old May 25th 2012, 11:47 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by slapphead_otool
From what I read the Indo public aren't pleased that she got a reduction in her sentence, so parol is going to be really problematic even if she did admit guilt.

To get parol she needs to be in Bali (or at least in Indonesia) which means she will need to get a visa. Indonesians are masters at playing games, so don't expect her to be out for some time. My guess is there will be endless problems with obtaining parol...

Having said that, just watch what happens when the silly bitch gets back to Australia. I bet $20 that within a year she revisits Bali.....

Some people are just too stupid to exist. They prove Darwin right all along.
One can only hope.
Old May 25th 2012, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

boots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud of

Bogans will be dancing in the streetrofl:
The most memorable part of the Corby Circus Trial was how an Aussie LegalExpert-I.E. Jaxon Tyler-Whitkins,23. Year Old Foreign Expert(First trip Overseas)made the poignant remark/statement"she's innocent right,bloody Asians wouldnt even do the trial in English fer her right"
Also watching Young Beauty Girl Schapelle evolving into her mum
Old May 25th 2012, 11:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andrew63
Punishment fits.

I'm definitely no fan of Marujana, To say a 4.2kg Stash of dope will lead to harder drugs is misguided in my view.

You may as well say cans of Scotch and Coke will lead to plenty of kids becoming alcoholics. They will either move onto harder stuff or they wont depends on their mindset.

I found out the hard way how bad dope can be for some people. If anyone in my immediate family partakes in mucking around with THC, with our gene pool they are likely to never recover.

No away would I buy the Marajana leads to harder drugs view though.... I've never seen that and moved in those circles for at least 10 far too long years.

Got to add Schappelles confused story, is typical of people that live a long time in those circles. Who knows if it was hers or not.... It's just a stereotypical outcome of what happens when the sheet hits the fan within that lifestyle. She just copped it worse than most by being overseas.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; May 25th 2012 at 11:22 pm.
Old May 25th 2012, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

boots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by eddie007

Think along why the Libyan PanAm bomber got released with Government intervention,Juliar/Carr playing politics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.