Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Should we make drugs legal?

View Poll Results: Is it time to legalise drug use?
Yes, overall it would be a good thing
39.06%
No, it would be a disaster
45.31%
Trial it for say ten years
10.94%
Don't know
4.69%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Should we make drugs legal?

Old Oct 22nd 2009, 10:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation
Default Re: Should we make drugs legal?

Its very difficult to discuss this subject and include prescription drugs. My comments concerned "illegal" drugs - pot, heroin etc.

Prescription drugs are so regulated by the govt in canada I dont know if its possible to even get them illegally.

In any case, i still stand by my comments. We need to change the system in which we deal with drugs.....
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 10:31 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
You get your drugs illegally in "managable" amounts......How much you take is up to you.....we are talking about addictive substances are we not?

Not really - the variation in quality and quantity of the actual drug itself within whatever junk they use to cut it with is enormous.

Some amounts can be very pure, others 'watered' down to almost nothing. Not knowing what you are getting each time is what usually kills the users - they overcompensate on one occasion, but if the drug is too pure, or there is too much of it in the dose, then you overdose and end up dead.

I am suggesting that if all the doses were of the same, known strength, then users would know how much to prepare and use each time, which would cut down on the accidental deaths.

S
Old Oct 24th 2009, 10:54 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Nope, it was a one-off, (or a two-off!!) - I do remember thinking "wow I enjoyed that!" which surprised me, and they had the desired calming effect I remembered well, but I have no desire to rush out and buy a packet. Very grateful to Soapy and his lovely wife for donating them though, I probably owe them a few $$$ with the price of fags these days!
i must have been pished or i would have charged you for them
Old Oct 27th 2009, 9:31 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

This was in the SMH yesterday (Monday)
Attached Thumbnails Should we make drugs legal?-smh.jpg  
Old Oct 27th 2009, 9:36 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy©
i must have been pished or i would have charged you for them
I do remember a figure of $20 being mentioned....I assumed it was just for the fags..........