Should we get a dog?

Should we get a dog?

Old Jul 28th 2008, 4:08 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Should we get a dog?

Originally Posted by king kong
.You cant do that with the relatives .
Oh, I dunno.

As long as no-one finds out, it's ok....
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 4:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
Oh, I dunno.

As long as no-one finds out, it's ok....
Anyone particular in mind TP?
Old Aug 4th 2008, 1:00 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Anyone particular in mind TP?
Shall I start at the top of the list?
Old Aug 4th 2008, 2:30 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridie
Just had a look at their website and saw this

http://www.petplan.com.au/pet_insurance_news.asp

You are a silly puppy aren't you - don't eat stones of any description in future
Old Aug 4th 2008, 3:09 am
BE Enthusiast

kiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of light

Sounds like you've decided to get one and they both look cute. Reaction to cats is part the personality of the dog and part the reaction of the cat. When we brought our pup home (Foxy/Tibetan terrier) he had been living with a cat so ignored ours. One of our cats stood her ground and followed us about on garden visits etc. The other one shot out of the house and for three months we had to let the dog out when she came in and vice versa. Then she just decided to pack it in and rubs noses with the dog now. Feeding the cats first helps. Our "pup" is 18 months old now and bigger than the cats, but will stand and watch them eat his food if I don't intervene. Our dog will chase anyone else's cat outside.
Attached Thumbnails Should we get a dog?-chilli-008small.jpg  
Old Aug 4th 2008, 3:40 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
You are a silly puppy aren't you - don't eat stones of any description in future
Old Aug 11th 2008, 3:46 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Well, there is bad and good news...

The bad news is we won't be getting Sandy - apparently she can't cope with being an only dog and is too destructive so needs a home with other dogs.

On the plus side there is another female who is about to go into foster care on her own and be cat tested called Sky who is "blue" - so she has our name on her at the moment.

Fingers crossed.......
Old Aug 11th 2008, 3:51 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
You do have to be more warry with rescue dogs as they can be far more needy that dogs from a puppy, but as long as you realise this, you sound like you would be fine...
I can relate to this one, our rescue boxer is very needy, he doesn't like being out of our sight, and we've had him for 18 months. And he was described as "independent" at the pound

j
Old Aug 11th 2008, 4:00 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by matt-and-jenny
I can relate to this one, our rescue boxer is very needy, he doesn't like being out of our sight, and we've had him for 18 months. And he was described as "independent" at the pound

j
I don't know much about Boxers as my new puppy is my first one but he is very clingy and follows me around all the time. If I move into another room he comes too. I have read that they are a very loyal breed and like to be close to their owners.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 4:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridie
Well, there is bad and good news...

The bad news is we won't be getting Sandy - apparently she can't cope with being an only dog and is too destructive so needs a home with other dogs.

On the plus side there is another female who is about to go into foster care on her own and be cat tested called Sky who is "blue" - so she has our name on her at the moment.

Fingers crossed.......
Blue is THE BEST colour for greyhounds and whippets.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 4:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by spartacus
I know what you mean, did a "google" after I heard the news and wow, amazing
Old Aug 11th 2008, 4:34 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartacus
Absolutely - a stunning colour in the breed.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 9:34 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
I don't know much about Boxers as my new puppy is my first one but he is very clingy and follows me around all the time. If I move into another room he comes too. I have read that they are a very loyal breed and like to be close to their owners.
i wont be getting one of those then

i want a lab.....love them!

so Bridie any further news on the dog?
Old Aug 11th 2008, 9:43 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam
i wont be getting one of those then

i want a lab.....love them!

so Bridie any further news on the dog?
So did I Sam, never wanted a Boxer. It was Paul that wanted him but now I wouldn't be without him.