Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Should Luky be banned permenantly?

View Poll Results: Well should he be banned or not??
Yup
31.58%
Nope
68.42%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Should Luky be banned permenantly?

Old Dec 30th 2005, 8:45 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Should Luky be banned permenantly?

Luke and this website were made for each other.
Old Dec 30th 2005, 8:52 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
13. Creating multiple usernames is not allowed. If you have a legitimate reason to create a second username then you should contact the administrators. Anybody found with multiple member names will be banned and all associated member names will be deleted.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/faq.p...q_new_faq_item

But the thing is Manc, there are people with IP addresses by proxy and have several accounts. I know they are impossible to pick up.

Fuzzyduck/Miked and I wont reveal his other identities as I wouldnt want to spoil it for him, has done just that.

He stores his identities till the time is right to start trouble.

When a member is very careful, they can keep their trolling hidden for sometime.

Difficult if not impossible for mods to find out.

However, starting polls such as this one is quite nasty in my book.

Only the other day, a day before my Mum died, a poll was started about the most irritating person on BE, and troll plus a few other tosspots, saw fit to add and vote my name.

Even though they knew what was going on, same thing is going on in the lounge now.

It only takes a floating IP address user to use his accounts to create such a shitty poll.

I bet if votes were not hidden and members could not hide themselves from being online, then a few of these people wouldnt be so quick to be nasty.

I havent had many dealings with Luke really, but I cant help but think that polls that slate people are not always in jest.

And when our resident friend of Mrs Palm and her five lovely daughters emerges again, and he will (with his personas), alot of BE members will wish they hadnt started these polls.

Because there will be enough trouble and hatred already.
Old Dec 30th 2005, 8:55 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
But the thing is Manc, there are people with IP addresses by proxy and have several accounts. I know they are impossible to pick up.
A typical example is AOL in the UK. They have only 1 IP for all their users.
so yes, we can't pick up everything. I know that, but we don't check EVERY IP either.........but if we think someone is taking the piss we do and try to do something about it.
Old Dec 30th 2005, 8:56 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
A typical example is AOL in the UK. They have only 1 IP for all their users.
so yes, we can't pick up everything. I know that, but we don't check EVERY IP either.........but if we think someone is taking the piss we do and try to do something about it.

Bet you couldnt pick me up - Im feeling very heavy at the moment.
Old Dec 30th 2005, 9:03 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

We talking about Mr Anagram name ? Luke I ? If he set up multiple accounts to troll with then he either a) didn't do a very good job being a troll or b) he did it deliberately badly so we'd all notice and have a good laugh about it. Either way, unless I knew the details I couldn't comment.
Old Dec 30th 2005, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by Hutch
We talking about Mr Anagram name ? Luke I ? If he set up multiple accounts to troll with then he either a) didn't do a very good job being a troll or b) he did it deliberately badly so we'd all notice and have a good laugh about it. Either way, unless I knew the details I couldn't comment.

Dont know Hutch, just had a look at the thread with his other account and found it very funny indeed.

I find it quite amusing to see someone having a conversation/row with themself.

As you said, he might have just done it for a laugh.

What are you up to this fine evening Hutch?

Bloody cold here in London, fire on full.
Old Dec 30th 2005, 9:58 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Only the other day, a day before my Mum died, a poll was started about the most irritating person on BE, and troll plus a few other tosspots, saw fit to add and vote my name.
And did you contact me and ask for your name to be removed ..NO...
you certainly know damn well it would have been... It was felt by me at that the time that you would have enjoyed the laugh ... ..
If you want your name off the current one just ask ...

Do all you people think this is a public service and you have any say how things are run.... This is a private company and the owner can operate as they wish .. your only option is to stay or go ... not criticise its operation
or methods...
Old Dec 30th 2005, 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by Ray
And did you contact me and ask for your name to be removed ..NO...
you certainly know damn well it would have been... It was felt by me at that the time that you would have enjoyed the laugh ... ..
If you want your name off the current one just ask ...

Do all you people think this is a public service and you have any say how things are run.... This is a private company and the owner can operate as they wish .. your only option is to stay or go ... not criticise its operation
or methods...

Ray, in fairness to me, I only found out last night what the thread was about. I had heard there was a thread with mine and soapys name on it and it was a poll.

Noone would tell me what it was about as I was at the hospice when it was up.

It was only last night that a BE member called me and finally gave in and told me what it was about.

Prior to that I had no idea at all.
Old Dec 30th 2005, 10:43 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Ray, in fairness to me, I only found out last night what the thread was about. I had heard there was a thread with mine and soapys name on it and it was a poll.

Noone would tell me what it was about as I was at the hospice when it was up.

It was only last night that a BE member called me and finally gave in and told me what it was about.

Prior to that I had no idea at all.

It sounds like you are referring to a poll i started. pretty much the same as the ones in the lounge where people nominate via pm. i asked sue to delete it. if you have issues sam feel ree to pm me.
Old Dec 30th 2005, 10:46 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Well I don't know of any current poll that you and soapy are in ..
but the current one's in The Lounge you certainly knew about ..you posted in both of them within a few hours of them opening... with no mention of an objection... to be seen ...
Old Dec 30th 2005, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by Rooksie
It sounds like you are referring to a poll i started. pretty much the same as the ones in the lounge where people nominate via pm. i asked sue to delete it. if you have issues sam feel ree to pm me.

I dont have issues with you at all.

Im saying that some of these polls can turn out nasty and as I said to Ray, noone would tell me what it was about. It was only a BE member phoned me to tell me because it upset them as well.

Normally I have a good sense of humour, but after the week I have had and that everyone knew I had, I was very sensitive.

I know you are not nasty like that, but trust me when i say that the troll is. He has been on my back for sometime and the poll provided him with the perfect opportunity.

And whilst I know I could have complained and had the thread removed, not only am I not the sort of person to ask for things to be removed, its just I found it hurtful being nominated in the first place when I was going through losing Mum.

I have no issues at all Rooksie, but with Fuzzy duck/miked and the other few he has, this is perfect fodder for him.

No offence meant to anyone except those that meant it to me.

Old Dec 30th 2005, 10:49 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Nice to see everyone in the party mood for new year.
Old Dec 30th 2005, 10:51 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bordy
Nice to see everyone in the party mood for new year.

you should have seem this coming mate, surely !!
Old Dec 30th 2005, 10:52 pm
Account Closed

I dont have issues with you at all.

Im saying that some of these polls can turn out nasty and as I said to Ray, noone would tell me what it was about. It was only a BE member phoned me to tell me because it upset them as well.

Normally I have a good sense of humour, but after the week I have had and that everyone knew I had, I was very sensitive.

I know you are not nasty like that, but trust me when i say that the troll is. He has been on my back for sometime and the poll provided him with the perfect opportunity.

And whilst I know I could have complained and had the thread removed, not only am I not the sort of person to ask for things to be removed, its just I found it hurtful being nominated in the first place when I was going through losing Mum.

I have no issues at all Rooksie, but with Fuzzy duck/miked and the other few he has, this is perfect fodder for him.

No offence meant to anyone except those that meant it to me.

i think what started out as a bit of fun backfired and turned nasty hence the immediate deletion from the forum. i guess no one told you about it for the same reason it was removed - they didnt want to hurt your feelings.

sam no one set out to hurt your feelings (that i am aware of).

chill girl
Old Dec 30th 2005, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by Rooksie
i think what started out as a bit of fun backfired and turned nasty hence the immediate deletion from the forum. i guess no one told you about it for the same reason it was removed - they didnt want to hurt your feelings.

sam no one set out to hurt your feelings (that i am aware of).

chill girl

Chill is the word, its cold nipple weather here, got the fire on and you could still hang your coat on em.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.