Wikiposts

SHIPPING QUOTE

Old Jul 18th 2008, 7:25 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: SHIPPING QUOTE

Originally Posted by Dawn-D
Gosh how long ago was that? We are in Hemel Hempstead, Herts and they've quoted us £4,478 for sole use of the 20ft

Dawn

Hi, just got quote from PSS and they've quoted £4742.00 for sole use of 20ft I think it will be best to flog the lot and re-buy at this rate!!!

Dawn
Blimey we got a good deal then. We are paying PSS £4878 for a sole use 40ft container which is half house contents and a car.

That is York to Brisbane. Packers here a week on monday.

Jo
Old Jul 19th 2008, 4:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Dawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really nice

Originally Posted by joh117
Blimey we got a good deal then. We are paying PSS £4878 for a sole use 40ft container which is half house contents and a car.

That is York to Brisbane. Packers here a week on monday.

Jo
I'd say that's a good deal and yours for a 40ft too, we've been had
However if your going just to Brisbane and not much travelling thereafter I think that's when the money is saved. Our bill includes transporting it from Brisbane up to Townsville!

Still I will run it by them again

Good luck with your packing, journey and future in Brisbane

Dawn
Old Jul 19th 2008, 7:13 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

We were quoted £3500 by PSS, Anglo & Crown were slightly dearer back in October last year! OMG the prices have really gone up. That was from UK to Perth.
Old Jul 19th 2008, 8:11 am
Just Joined

rhysleon will become famous soon enoughrhysleon will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by LUNANBAY
Hey Guys,

We have just been quoted 4 n half to 5 grand for 650 CFt in a 20 ft container to Brisbane! OH(Wife) is now going Doo-lallly! That was Crown!
Anybody recommend anybody else with good quotes?
We were originally quoted bout 3-3 n half by them last year in October!

Help!
Hi Guys, The best quote we had and decided to go ahead with them was from White and Co. (Dunfermline) £3100 for a 20ft container.They are very professional and you feel confident with them.
Old Jul 19th 2008, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rhysleon
Hi Guys, The best quote we had and decided to go ahead with them was from White and Co. (Dunfermline) £3100 for a 20ft container.They are very professional and you feel confident with them.
Have to agree we used White & Co (Dunfermline) from Forfar-Brisbane 20ft container £2900 that was May 2007 the packers where a good bunch of guys our stuff arrived early one minor breakage.

Haggis
Old Jul 19th 2008, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

jonnywonny is an unknown quantity at this point

hi we looked at all options & found if you didnt have really exspensive gear you could buy new when you got hear my sons bike was 70gbp to bring over i replaced it with a new one in oz for 50gbp its worth looking at selling some items then rebuying new over hear i have web site in oz for most things if you want to comper prices just pm jonny
Old Jul 28th 2008, 1:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Dawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really nice

a thank you
will let you all know next week
Hi Lunanby

Did you make any decisions as to who you use yet? We've taken our stuff down to bare bones now, getting rid of wardrobes, beds, bikes, garden furniture, side tables, bookcase etc etc and John Masons have said we still need 612 cuft at a cost of £3,400 (they quoted £4478 for a 20ft)

This bloody shipping stuff is doing my nut in :curse: mind you so is waiting to get house exchanged, I'm all over the place right now :curse:

Dawn
Old Jul 28th 2008, 1:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Russ_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really nice

Hi Lunanby

Did you make any decisions as to who you use yet? We've taken our stuff down to bare bones now, getting rid of wardrobes, beds, bikes, garden furniture, side tables, bookcase etc etc and John Masons have said we still need 612 cuft at a cost of £3,400 (they quoted £4478 for a 20ft)

This bloody shipping stuff is doing my nut in :curse: mind you so is waiting to get house exchanged, I'm all over the place right now :curse:

Dawn
we got a quote of €5500 (euro) for a 20ft container from Dublin to Sydney with Harrow&Green.
that includes 15k worth of insurane (included at 3.5%).
that works out £4350 of your english pounds...i would imagine that from the UK it should be cheaper as everything here in ireland is more expensive..

might be worth checking them out.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 2:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Russ_Sarah
we got a quote of €5500 (euro) for a 20ft container from Dublin to Sydney with Harrow&Green.
that includes 15k worth of insurane (included at 3.5%).
that works out £4350 of your english pounds...i would imagine that from the UK it should be cheaper as everything here in ireland is more expensive..

might be worth checking them out.
Hi,

Thanks, I'll look this one up! I think the problem is that we are having to pay a lot to get from Brisbane up to Townsville Even so, I still don't mind getting a few more quotes in

Dawn
Old Jul 28th 2008, 3:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi all,

This may help a few others save some time!

We originally had a quote from John Masons and PSS for a full 20ft container and decided to cut a few things out to try and make it cheaper by getting a shared container. JM's said we need 612 cuft and PSS said 494 cuft.

After calling a few more companies and telling them that we already have two quotes they are now going to quote on 612 cuft rather than send someone round straight away. If they are competative they said they would then send someone round!

Dawn
Old Jul 28th 2008, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

sipi will become famous soon enoughsipi will become famous soon enough

Hey Guys,

We have just been quoted 4 n half to 5 grand for 650 CFt in a 20 ft container to Brisbane! OH(Wife) is now going Doo-lallly! That was Crown!
Anybody recommend anybody else with good quotes?
We were originally quoted bout 3-3 n half by them last year in October!

Help!
Hi
Just had quote from Crown & Co of Bournemouth,650cuft 20ft container pack all stuff with some dismantling of bigger items £3150.Hope this is of some help
Regards
Si
Old Aug 7th 2008, 9:47 am
Just Joined

Glynner is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Daydreamer123
I had a quote from Doree Bonner for 600cf ...
The service delivered by Doree Bonner in moving my family and I from the UK to the US was horribly substandard. I strongly recommend you NOT use them for your move.

When my household items finally arrived, everything about the delivery was disappointing ... From the moment the delivery truck arrived, it was immediately obvious that the exterior of the boxes themselves appeared badly battered and beaten, through a combination of poor packing initially, and having been carelessly manhandled during shipment.

That was just the first indication of the complete and utter lack of respect that Doree Bonner, and their American partners in the shipment, Contour Logistics, had shown for our personal belongings

At a minimum, that shoddy packing and handling of our effects can be confirmed by the multiple bowls, vases, jugs, glasses, plates, pottery items, crystalware, and chinaware items which were all broken, shattered or badly chipped; and the wide selection of additional items (jewellery box, make-up box, decorative mirror, etc.) which were badly scratched, cut and otherwise marked up.

The value of the broken items alone was in the region of ₤800-1,000, when one takes in to consideration the requirement to replace the set, and not just the individual item … but even more than the financial value of the items, a large number of the broken items were wedding gifts my wife and I placed a much higher value on than their nominal financial worth. What price for the beautiful wedding candle we lit together, now broken in to 4 little pieces?

I would happily continue to describe the terrible service Doree Bonner delivered in greater detail – but I do not wish to take up any more of your valuable time. I can only conclude by heartily recommending that anyone who is in need of a moving service avoid using Doree Bonner at all costs. Their service sucks. Their personnel are unprofessional. They handle your personal goods and belongings with NO respect. And you will greatly regret having fallen for their false promises of a decent level of service.
Old Aug 7th 2008, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

LUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to all

Here we go, here is my top 3 list of quotes!

Crown 4350 Groupage/4730 sole use

D/B 3360 Groupage/3780 sole use

Jason White 2870 Groupage/ 3287 sole use

So all offer pretty much the same, JW leave from Scotland and get there quicker! I know cheaper aint always best but???

Wot you think
Old Aug 7th 2008, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Glynner
The service delivered by Doree Bonner in moving my family and I from the UK to the US was horribly substandard. I strongly recommend you NOT use them for your move.

When my household items finally arrived, everything about the delivery was disappointing ... From the moment the delivery truck arrived, it was immediately obvious that the exterior of the boxes themselves appeared badly battered and beaten, through a combination of poor packing initially, and having been carelessly manhandled during shipment.

That was just the first indication of the complete and utter lack of respect that Doree Bonner, and their American partners in the shipment, Contour Logistics, had shown for our personal belongings

At a minimum, that shoddy packing and handling of our effects can be confirmed by the multiple bowls, vases, jugs, glasses, plates, pottery items, crystalware, and chinaware items which were all broken, shattered or badly chipped; and the wide selection of additional items (jewellery box, make-up box, decorative mirror, etc.) which were badly scratched, cut and otherwise marked up.

The value of the broken items alone was in the region of ₤800-1,000, when one takes in to consideration the requirement to replace the set, and not just the individual item … but even more than the financial value of the items, a large number of the broken items were wedding gifts my wife and I placed a much higher value on than their nominal financial worth. What price for the beautiful wedding candle we lit together, now broken in to 4 little pieces?

I would happily continue to describe the terrible service Doree Bonner delivered in greater detail – but I do not wish to take up any more of your valuable time. I can only conclude by heartily recommending that anyone who is in need of a moving service avoid using Doree Bonner at all costs. Their service sucks. Their personnel are unprofessional. They handle your personal goods and belongings with NO respect. And you will greatly regret having fallen for their false promises of a decent level of service.
Sorry to hear about your experience. We are using Bonner for our OZ removals. The people round the corner from us used them for their USA removals. All their stuff arrived in the same condition it left, nothing broken, well packed and a very professional team in both countries. Didn't tell them I knew the couple when he came round and that I was in contact with them.The same team will be packing ours in a couple of weeks, I have every faith in them.
Old Aug 8th 2008, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

pukka pom will become famous soon enoughpukka pom will become famous soon enough

Gosh how long ago was that? We are in Hemel Hempstead, Herts and they've quoted us £4,478 for sole use of the 20ft

Dawn

Hi, just got quote from PSS and they've quoted £4742.00 for sole use of 20ft I think it will be best to flog the lot and re-buy at this rate!!!

Dawn

Dawn, is this you from the Sports Centre yesterday ??? Its Sally here, just browsing this thread coz we rang PSS today, they quoted us back in January, its gone up just over £100 but Hemel to Brisbane 20ft container, £3600 - being trying to get hold of you today - Sally (if its the right Dawn!!) pm me whoever it is as were both in Hemel!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.