Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

shipping boxes over????

shipping boxes over????

Old May 12th 2009, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

davidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to all
Default shipping boxes over????

hi we arent taking much stuff so we wouldnt need a container or anything but what would be the cheapest way to ship 3-4 boxes of clothes etc over? thanks for the help
Old May 12th 2009, 10:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of
Default Re: shipping boxes over????

Originally Posted by davidb1989
hi we arent taking much stuff so we wouldnt need a container or anything but what would be the cheapest way to ship 3-4 boxes of clothes etc over? thanks for the help
Hey Dave

We are doing pretty much the same maybe except it will probably be about 15 boxes. We are due to get a price tomorrow so will let you know and give you a rough idea.

Paddy
Old May 13th 2009, 12:27 am
Forum Regular

werty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nice

I used freedom shipping and they were great, If your only wanting to take 3 or 4 boxes it might be worth looking into taking as excess baggage on the plane, as you have to pay clearence through customs etc the boxes its self arent expensive to ship its all the little extras!!
Old May 13th 2009, 12:43 am
BE Enthusiast

tomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, a slight word or warning about shipping boxes from UK. My daughter sent 4 boxes just before christmas (yes before christmas) and they only arrived yesterday!!!!! She used excess baggage company, which as a family we have used before, and can't believe it has taken almost 5 months for delivery. So if you want your things sooner, double check how long it will take. We intend to complain. They were definately on a slow boat, possibly via China!
Old May 13th 2009, 12:49 am
BE Enthusiast

ossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by davidb1989
Seven Seas.

Fedex do a 25kg parcel service. I used it a couple of yers back and it wasn't too expensive but probably not worth it for clothes.
Old May 13th 2009, 2:06 am
Northern Monkey

adamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to all

I used Allied Pickfords to ship about 13 boxes, and it came to about 900 quid I think (including insurance), plus around 150 quid on the customs side over here.
It arrived pretty quickly (within about 6 weeks). So all in all they did real well getting it onto the boat, through the Med and Suez, past the Somali pirates and offloaded at Brisbane. Unfortunately the numptie who then delivered it to my flat dropped 4 boxes as he unloaded it and smashed my beer glasses
Old May 13th 2009, 6:17 am
BE Enthusiast

davidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to all

thanks for the help guys mmmmmmmmmm not sure wether its very cost effective now its gona cost about £300 right for 4 boxes when going through customs do you pay per box ? i have already asked about excess bagage and its £25 per kg extra so i dont think thats an option lol
Old May 13th 2009, 6:21 am
Forum Regular

mike08 is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I shipped 20 boxes using freedom, i think i paid about $160 dollars at customs and my boxes were all fine if you put a muddy shoe in or something then your costs will go up!
Old May 13th 2009, 9:47 pm
Gone Walkabout

aussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really nice

We used Excess Baggage and have nothing but praise for them, total cost for 10 boxes was around £700 plus insurance and customs clearance cost around $180. All our items arrived in one piece with no damage and took about 7 weeks door to door and this was over the Christmas period, so big thumbs up from us. I notice from many posts on BE that some people will receive a first class service from shippers while others will have a total nightmare, at the end of the day it will be down to price and some luck....
Old May 13th 2009, 9:53 pm
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

You had a look HERE

Quick and easy quote system and good service too

Dougie