She's got the Pox!

Old Feb 8th 2007, 2:22 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default She's got the Pox!

The Chicken Pox!
Deb woke up yesterday morning with a nasty looking rash a visit to the doctors this morning confirmed said rash as Chicken Pocks.
Unfortunately her boss being the miserable bar steward he is won't give her the day off without a death certificate. The house we're tiling is empty so the work should keep her occupied and help stop the scratching.
Must dash I've got to re-apply the Calamine lotion before we go back to work
PS
Our daughter arrives this weekend with our 15 month old granddaughter for a three week stay that should prove interesting.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 2:24 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: She's got the Pox!

That will be interesting, cresta. CP is passed through droplets so either your wife wears a surgical mask until her pox have scabbed over, or she's going to give it to your g'daughter... :-/
Old Feb 8th 2007, 3:48 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iPom
That will be interesting, cresta. CP is passed through droplets so either your wife wears a surgical mask until her pox have scabbed over, or she's going to give it to your g'daughter... :-/
here ye go Someone who has chickenpox is most contagious during the first 2 to 5 days that he or she is sick. That's usually about 1 to 2 days before the rash shows up. So you could be spreading around chickenpox without even knowing it!

A person who has chickenpox can pass it to someone else by coughing or sneezing. When he or she coughs, sneezes, laughs, and even talks, tiny drops come out of the mouth and nose. These drops are full of the chickenpox virus. It's easy for someone else to breathe in these drops or get them on his or her hands. Before you know it, the chickenpox virus has infected
Get Mrs Cresta a mask lol....oh and a handy hint...when my son had chickenpox I gave him antihistamine tabs....almost stopped his itching!!!!!

PS yer a reet miserable bar steward right enough lol
Old Feb 8th 2007, 4:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I thought I said I didn't want people to know
Old Feb 8th 2007, 4:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
I thought I said I didn't want people to know

Oops!, that'll teach me to read the first post

Hope she's feeling better soon, and lets hope her boss doesn't catch them
Old Feb 8th 2007, 5:30 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy
Get Mrs Cresta a mask lol....l
She's still wearing the one she put on for Halloween years ago
Old Feb 8th 2007, 5:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

A few weeks ago, our little girl Coffee Bean had some rash on her legs and we (and the doctor) thought that was a very mild case of chickenpox. With me being pregnant and not knowing if I had had the pox before, there was some huge panic. Luckily the blood test showed I have already got antibodies. Phew! Funny thing was, everyone asked how Coffee Bean and I were doing, no one asked if JTL had had chickenpox before... Just by coincidence, I think, he developed the shingles a week later, and was suffering the itchiness and pain for 10 days.

Unfortunately Coffee Bean has got the real chickenpox now, probably from other kids at day care. The rash started 2 days ago. Because she's so young, she's not suffering much, just a mild temperature and rash all over her. We've been advised to keep her from day care till the blisters have all crusted over or else other kids and teachers can catch it from her.

Cresta - if Deb's boss doesn't want everyone else to catch the virus, he might want to be reasonable. Chickenpox can be quite dangerous for adults.

Mrs JTL
Old Feb 8th 2007, 5:44 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cresta57
She's still wearing the one she put on for Halloween years ago
Oh yer evil u r
Old Feb 8th 2007, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by JackTheLad

Cresta - if Deb's boss doesn't want everyone else to catch the virus, he might want to be reasonable. Chickenpox can be quite dangerous for adults.

Mrs JTL
LOL, I'm Debs boss.......... well we're a partnership. We both work as tilers on new builds so no worries contaminating anyone else as the places are empty. We've both had them twice before so this is just a very mild case with a few spots and a slight temp. I pronounced her fit for work as we only had half a day today and now have a week off in which she can recuperate.... while painting the house
Old Feb 8th 2007, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by biggy
Oh yer evil u r
Moi? .................................................. ...............
Old Feb 8th 2007, 7:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
LOL, I'm Debs boss.......... well we're a partnership. We both work as tilers on new builds so no worries contaminating anyone else as the places are empty. We've both had them twice before so this is just a very mild case with a few spots and a slight temp. I pronounced her fit for work as we only had half a day today and now have a week off in which she can recuperate.... while painting the house
Silly me - having a blonde moment there! How could I forget the slave-driver husband Cresta! I think Deb should be allowed a month off to get well properly. Men complaining about dying when they come down with man flu and one even came to the forum to fish for sympathy from nurses very recently...

Mrs JTL