Sheep

Old Sep 27th 2014, 2:22 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sheep

Originally Posted by Beoz
Yep. And I'd expect my 1 week old device to be better than the rest.
Then buy whichever one you think is best. Instead of judging everyone who thinks differently <see what I did there?
Old Sep 27th 2014, 3:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Then buy whichever one you think is best. Instead of judging everyone who thinks differently <see what I did there?
I did see what you did there. You rolled over on the Apple thing.
Old Sep 27th 2014, 3:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Australian Review: Nokia Lumia 930 - The best Windows Phone yet | CyberShack

This is interesting. Windows are not quite there yet, but certainly on the way. I do like the tiles on finger devices. Garry doesn't.
Old Sep 27th 2014, 6:20 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Australian Review: Nokia Lumia 930 - The best Windows Phone yet | CyberShack

This is interesting. Windows are not quite there yet, but certainly on the way. I do like the tiles on finger devices. Garry doesn't.
Actually my points were:
  • Take the background colour off, turn the icons from B&W to colour images, and you've got icons and widgets. So they are not the second coming, they are second hand.
  • On laptops and desktops they have horrible usability and don't fit at all (they are about 20 steps back)
  • On everything they look Fisher Price
  • The market share is such that they will always be a distant third at best.
  • As a consequence the apps store for MS is poor, as are the apps.
Thus, they are an irrelevance :

It's a real pity that the appalling upper management at Nokia threw what they had away on a wild pass as MS - they should have gone Android and had a market 10x the size.
Old Sep 27th 2014, 6:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by GarryP
Actually my points were:
  • Take the background colour off, turn the icons from B&W to colour images, and you've got icons and widgets. So they are not the second coming, they are second hand.
  • On laptops and desktops they have horrible usability and don't fit at all (they are about 20 steps back)
  • On everything they look Fisher Price
  • The market share is such that they will always be a distant third at best.
  • As a consequence the apps store for MS is poor, as are the apps.
Thus, they are an irrelevance :

http://www.idc.com/prodserv/smartpho...rket-share.png

It's a real pity that the appalling upper management at Nokia threw what they had away on a wild pass as MS - they should have gone Android and had a market 10x the size.
Its not great with a mouse, but great with fingers.

I've had Win 8.1 for a couple of months on my work laptop which is mouse based. When it boots it defaults straight to the desktop. I think I'm going to change that as I like the tiles showing live info, and just get used to it.

Regarding that graph ...... poor Blackberry.
Old Sep 27th 2014, 9:42 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Some people feel that "doing without" makes them better people. Some people think that's a crock. You are only a sheep if you are doing something because of what others will think - and to be part of an implicit group (luddites in your case).
When did I say I was doing without?? Isn't that NOT doing something that I WANT to do?

Some people think not having an iphone makes them better people too don't they? Not a luddite, just got better things to do with my time IMO, if you want to do what you do, go ahead, my point is don't make everyone out who doesn't out to be a dickhead.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat098; Sep 27th 2014 at 9:53 am.
Old Sep 27th 2014, 1:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
When did I say I was doing without?? Isn't that NOT doing something that I WANT to do?

Some people think not having an iphone makes them better people too don't they? Not a luddite, just got better things to do with my time IMO, if you want to do what you do, go ahead, my point is don't make everyone out who doesn't out to be a dickhead.
Luddite no. That would be a blackberry user. Apple users are Mr and Mrs Average.
Old Sep 28th 2014, 9:52 am
Account Closed

Luddite no. That would be a blackberry user. Apple users are Mr and Mrs Average.
So we judge a person by what smart phone they have, I'm glad to have never bought one. Q. what do you call a sheep that doesn't know it's a sheep??
Old Sep 28th 2014, 10:37 am
Account Closed

You are only a sheep if you are doing something because of what others will think .
Soooo, I'm a sheep if I buy an iphone, I'm a sheep if I bow to peer pressure and buy something other than an iphone. Hmmm interesting
Old Sep 28th 2014, 10:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Music in iTunes has no DRM, hasn't had for many years. Apple forced the music industry to remove it. Moving music from the "locked in" iTunes consists of drag/drop to another folder.

I find iTunes really great overall. Visually rewarding, content discovery is great and makes setting up and playing our own and purchased music, video, podcasts etc all around our home without wires so easy.

As a software guy I really appreciate what they've done with it over the years. Really enjoying iTunes Radio, iTunes Match is proving really handy, great cloud integration, shared libraries, love iTunes University....tis worth it for that alone.

I'm sure if you were just contemplating something like replacing a specific function, like the mgt of a huge music library or something, there may be better alternatives for some of its functionality, at the cost of losing other features....but for overall all-purpose media download, mgt and wireless connection it is very capable.

Last edited by fish.01; Sep 28th 2014 at 11:28 am.
Old Sep 29th 2014, 12:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

I don't even have a smart phone....does that make me a dinosaur then?

I have no need for such stuff, and when out and about like to look and listen to things around me, not be plugged into a machine and cause security scares because I'm so engrossed in the machine's output that I wander into the wrong part of the airport, or cause an accident because I haven't stopped to look and see if there is a bicycle/bus/red light before venturing out into the road.

Similarly I prefer to actually watch a performance or look at the scenery rather than record it, and as an ex performer, it is annoying when people just record the whole thing rather than actually watch it first hand. School plays are the worst for parents fighting to get a better shot with their i-phones/cameras etc and I've seen some very nasty spats between competitive parents who want the same vantage spot. Additionally it is hard to actually see the performance with everyone holding up their machines and blocking your view!

Ok, sorry I went off on a rant there...................
Old Sep 29th 2014, 1:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
So we judge a person by what smart phone they have, I'm glad to have never bought one. Q. what do you call a sheep that doesn't know it's a sheep??
So going back to the original question, 80 chinese people lined up outside an apple store and 80 chinese people lined up to view a property in north western sydney.

Question is, am I missing something on both counts?
Old Sep 29th 2014, 4:15 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

For those wedded to the idea of a Windows tablet, introducing the Pipo Work W4

• 8-inch IPS LCD with WXGA (1280x800px) resolution
  • Quad-core Intel Bay Trail-T 3735F processor
  • 1GB RAM
  • 16GB storage
  • 2MP front-facing camera
  • Rear camera (details not known)
  • 4500mAh battery
all for a sum total of

US$81

Seems as if they are taking Intel Android tablet designs and sticking free Windows on them. At that price even I might say "Baa"
Old Sep 29th 2014, 6:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

For those wedded to the idea of a Windows tablet, introducing the Pipo Work W4

http://static.neow.in/images/uploade...pipo-w4-02.jpg

• 8-inch IPS LCD with WXGA (1280x800px) resolution
  • Quad-core Intel Bay Trail-T 3735F processor
  • 1GB RAM
  • 16GB storage
  • 2MP front-facing camera
  • Rear camera (details not known)
  • 4500mAh battery
all for a sum total of

US$81

Seems as if they are taking Intel Android tablet designs and sticking free Windows on them. At that price even I might say "Baa"
Interesting. at $81 its worth a shot.

Question is, where the hell do you buy one from?
Old Sep 29th 2014, 6:33 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

Interesting. at $81 its worth a shot.

Question is, where the hell do you buy one from?
When they are actually released, the usual chinese suppliers, although I'd bet there will be Oz eBay importers as well.

It's a pity you can't press a button and switch between Android and Windows.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.