Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Share your best diet tips

Share your best diet tips

Old Jan 7th 2008, 4:36 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Share your best diet tips

Originally Posted by asher
how about super glueing your teeth together that one would be good
Hey that's better than my put the fork down!

Cheers

Ginny

Naturopath sounds interesting...must look into that a bit more.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 4:47 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stitch
Hey that's better than my put the fork down!

Cheers

Ginny

Naturopath sounds interesting...must look into that a bit more.

Well this is the cheap alternative to gastric banding

personally i found rosemary conley the best!!
Old Jan 7th 2008, 4:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Glasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond repute

Do you ladies find it easier to stick to your diet when you're getting weighed in somewhere or are you fine on your own?
Old Jan 7th 2008, 5:52 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

how about super glueing your teeth together that one would be good
Would super glue do the job, every time I go on diet, I put more weight on, than I started with, no more dieting for me.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 5:56 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
Would super glue do the job, every time I go on diet, I put more weight on, than I started with, no more dieting for me.
yes I think it would work for you, well you definitely can't gain weight if you can't eat, just leave a straw space for water!!
Old Jan 7th 2008, 6:04 am
Forum Regular

Angela Marie - Cairns will become famous soon enoughAngela Marie - Cairns will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Glasgowlass
Do you ladies find it easier to stick to your diet when you're getting weighed in somewhere or are you fine on your own?
I always do the get weighed somewhere else, then as I know I have cheated never turn up on the first week weigh in, resolving to make a big impression on week 2, then comes week three and I never ever go back from the first outlay of money - bad
Old Jan 7th 2008, 7:04 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

yes I think it would work for you, well you definitely can't gain weight if you can't eat, just leave a straw space for water!!
Oh good, I have plenty of straw all different colours too.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 7:44 am
Just Joined

Henry Family is an unknown quantity at this point

Gillian McKeith - love her or hate her - has the right idea. Eat healthily and exercise, and weightloss is the result.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 7:59 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

I would say all the normal things - eat smaller portions, more fruit and veg, less crap, lots of exercise etc... (it's worked for me - I've lost 3 and a half stone in the last year and a bit doing that and gone from a big 16 to a size 10-12).

Some tips that have helped me are to write down everything I eat in a notebook - I still do this every day (makes you justify everything you eat because you have to write it down - can't ignore it).

Also chewing gum - for when I just fancy something in between meals, sometimes having some chewing gum helps because you get that nice minty taste in your mouth and it makes you less likely to want to eat food (same with brushing your teeth). So I always have some chewy in my desk drawer at work.

And exercise has become part of my daily routine - that way it's easier to do it because you don't have that agonising decision about whether you should or not and if you can be bothered or not. You just do it. I cycle to work every day (I know this isn't always possible for some) and go for a run once or twice a week (I couldn't run for toffee when I first started out but I'm not bad now). And just things like long walks at a weekend.

I feel so much better than I used to and have had to buy a whole new wardrobe cos none of my old clothes fit anymore
Old Jan 7th 2008, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

del k has a spectacular aura aboutdel k has a spectacular aura aboutdel k has a spectacular aura about

Get photographed in your undies front, side and back views and pin the evidence somewhere you will be forced to look it on a regular basis.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 5:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to behold

The best diet for me was leaving my husband, lost 2 stone in a 2 months. Granted this is a little bit drastic and was more expensive then weight watchers but it was an added bonus
Old Jan 7th 2008, 8:09 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a few tips I got from the Paul McKenna course .....

Before eating always ask "am I actually hungry" If the answer is no then go do something to occupy yourself. If the answer is yes, have a large drink of water as it's often thirst disguised as hunger. If after that you are still hungry then eat sensibly.

Always try to leave a little something on your plate at the end of a meal.

Eat slowly and between mouthfuls, put down your cutlery and chew fod well. Hopefully by doing this, your body will know when it's full before the end of the meal and you won't overeat.

Make a mental note of how you want yourself to look. or an activity you want to do when you get the weight off. Every time you think about eating try to remember that image. For some, a photo of themselves when they were thin on the fridge helps.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 9:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by del k
Get photographed in your undies front, side and back views and pin the evidence somewhere you will be forced to look it on a regular basis.
Far too scary, sorry!

Originally Posted by midwife-mandy
The best diet for me was leaving my husband, lost 2 stone in a 2 months. Granted this is a little bit drastic and was more expensive then weight watchers but it was an added bonus
What if you quite like the OH though?
Old Jan 7th 2008, 9:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

mad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sasbear
I think making sure you have the right healthy snack available to stop you eating junk - it is always so easy to excuse your junk eating if you say 'well i was so hungry and nothing in that was healthy' I make sure I have a chopped carrot around every afternoon - to keep my sugar levels up.

Drink loads of water - and I mean at least 3 litres in the day time.

Small portions or good healthy food

I find that doing WW I have a supply of no point stuff in the house:-
carrots
tomatoes
pickled onions
mushrooms
Ect
are you sure pickled onions are no points gosh I love them can eat them by the jar if thats the case then ill be pickle breath for weeks uh give us a kiss

Last edited by mad city fan; Jan 7th 2008 at 9:56 pm. Reason: giving away kisses
Old Jan 7th 2008, 10:47 pm
Bring it On

Funkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud of

Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and have dinner like a pauper...then your body has time to break down the food before you wind down for the night.

Also a nutritionalist friend told me years ago that the body uses more energy when you chew and digest an apple than is actually in the apple.

Shame I don't like apples

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.