Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Seven Seas - Has anybody used them?

Seven Seas - Has anybody used them?

Old Mar 31st 2008, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

badger78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Seven Seas - Has anybody used them?

Hello there,

I had a look at some companies for shipping a few boxes to Oz. Seven Seas appear to be the cheapest so far and I just wanted to know if anybody had any experience with them.
Two more months before we are leaving, I'm getting excited!
Thanks,
Kat
Old Mar 31st 2008, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

dinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nice
Default Re: Seven Seas - Has anybody used them?

Originally Posted by badger78
Hello there,

I had a look at some companies for shipping a few boxes to Oz. Seven Seas appear to be the cheapest so far and I just wanted to know if anybody had any experience with them.
Thanks,
Kat
Hoping you get some positive replies to this as we are in the process of using them. So far so good. Boxes/packing materials were delivered on Good Friday. OH got a text the night before saying they would arrive between 9.10am and 10.10am. They arrived at 9.13am. Wish all deliveries were that reliable! Fingers crossed the rest of the move goes as smoothly!
Old Mar 31st 2008, 6:00 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Good grief I thought this thread was something to do with cod liver oil
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Try Freedom Shipping - they are same company (same vans, uniforms etc etc) and for me much cheaper and excellent service
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Hello there,

Thanks,
Kat
We used them, Shipped 10 boxes and 2 bikes. No problems at all. Great service.
Tracie
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the replies guys!
Daunted, how are you? All your posts seem very positive. Glad you're happy. We will be moving somewhere around the Bunbury area as well. I can't wait, shame that our house hasn't sold yet, that would be one less thing to worry about.

Gonna check Freedom Shipping out and then make a decision.

Cheers!
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 3:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

rockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud of

We used them last year, 12 boxes and set of clubs - no problems, didn't bother with insurance
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

jimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nice

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
We used them, Shipped 10 boxes and 2 bikes. No problems at all. Great service.
Tracie
Hi Tracie can you tell me if it was dear to send the bikes as my little boy has a batman bike that i would like to take also seen that you are in carrammar is it a nice place to settle good schools etc thanks Kate
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jimandkate
Hi Tracie can you tell me if it was dear to send the bikes as my little boy has a batman bike that i would like to take also seen that you are in carrammar is it a nice place to settle good schools etc thanks Kate
The bikes cost 100pounds each.
Carramar is good, we like it anyway. There is a primary school that our daughter went to before high school and we were very pleased with it. Lots of young families around. The city is about 30 mins away, beach 10-15 and by the end of the year we should have a shopping centre and a pub
Tracie
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 9:33 pm
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

Our 3 boxes arrived yesterday via Sevenseas-all perfect order (shipped end Jan)
Old Apr 4th 2008, 5:37 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies guys!
Daunted, how are you? All your posts seem very positive. Glad you're happy. We will be moving somewhere around the Bunbury area as well. I can't wait, shame that our house hasn't sold yet, that would be one less thing to worry about.

Gonna check Freedom Shipping out and then make a decision.

Cheers!
Hi Badger - all is great here thanks - good luck with the house sale - i remember all to well the stress of selling
Stay in touch and give us a yell when you get here or if you want any info (if i cant help i know someone who can) its beautiful down here - you gonna lurve it
Old Apr 4th 2008, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Daunted,
thanks for that. I remember your nightmare house sale, it looks like we will be in the same position...
I heard on another thread that you are building your own house. How hard/easy was it to get a mortgage?
Well, I better continue cleaning the house, got a viewing tomorrow.
All the best,
Kathrin
By the way, thanks for the Freedom Shipping tip. They are really a lot cheaper so will probably go with them.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 7:06 pm
Who's the nanny?

nanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to all

Originally Posted by asher
Good grief I thought this thread was something to do with cod liver oil
Old Apr 4th 2008, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

jimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nice

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
The bikes cost 100pounds each.
Carramar is good, we like it anyway. There is a primary school that our daughter went to before high school and we were very pleased with it. Lots of young families around. The city is about 30 mins away, beach 10-15 and by the end of the year we should have a shopping centre and a pub
Tracie
Thanks for the info Kate
Old Apr 4th 2008, 11:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Daunted,
thanks for that. I remember your nightmare house sale, it looks like we will be in the same position...
I heard on another thread that you are building your own house. How hard/easy was it to get a mortgage?
Well, I better continue cleaning the house, got a viewing tomorrow.
All the best,
Kathrin
By the way, thanks for the Freedom Shipping tip. They are really a lot cheaper so will probably go with them.
Glad to have been of service - I found them excellent

Getting a mortgage has been no problem at all really - only problem was the amount i was allowed to borrow on my solo wage wasnt enough to buy very much at all unless we all fancied living in a shed in the bush somewhere. I am building under the shared equity scheme which is the most affordable way for me to get into the market. Every week i want to scream when i pay my rent - may as well set fire to the money
I am just waiting to hear back if Keystart will allow us to proceed now or we have to wait another month (you have to have been resident for 6 months and we have only been here 5 - bloody hell seems like longer!)

Keeping everything crossed for your house sale

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.