female- Settled
50.57%
female- Unsettled
24.14%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Settled or Unsettled

Old Jul 30th 2007, 1:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

milly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to all
Default Re: Settled or Unsettled

From the north, very settled been here 5mths.
IN fact me and hubby was saying it feels like we have always lived here, Just somebody taken all are family away.
Old Jul 30th 2007, 1:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
I heard the majority stick to lemonade
Mate I have to be honest. I've met some hard men in my time, but I've never been scared of a man from the North. It's the voice. I knew well 'ard blokes in the forces who once they had a drink in them sounded just like old women. They gave an order and it just didn't carry.....

And I should know - I am an old woman and proud of it.

Old Beckham is the same. (Yes he's a southerner).
Old Jul 30th 2007, 9:02 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Weirdstone
We're both settled - so had to tick both boxes....sorry if I've buggered up your research.
nah, i set it up that way, so i could see if both have settled.
Old Jul 30th 2007, 9:03 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

this thread came from something pauline said to me yesterday.
starting to think she was right.
i will explain later as i am just about to hop on the plane
Old Jul 30th 2007, 11:12 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Four soft southerners, one male, three female (poor guy) All settled from day one except first born but it didn't take her long to get into the groove.
Old Jul 30th 2007, 11:18 pm
Enjoying the good life!

SarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
Both settling in very nicely(only 5 weeks in like and footy season hasn't kicked off yet
Oh dont.....my husband will be well settled in then.....on the sofa!...LOL
Old Jul 30th 2007, 11:22 pm
Enjoying the good life!

SarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bix
No-one would ever imagine us ever leaving our home town let alone Cornwall or the UK.

If they had to draw up a list of potential emigrants then we would have been very close to the bottom.

Yet I feel we have settled from the start. It's not always been easy but at no time have we felt unsettled in Aus.

Didn't come expecting anything so didn't get disappointed.

As long as I don't have to sit up I reckon we're here to stay.
Hya...we're from Cornwall....Falmouth, whereabouts did you come from and how long you been here and where did you settle? We have only been here 7weeks and live East Brisbane on the Coast.
Old Jul 30th 2007, 11:26 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

you know what my answers are
Old Jul 30th 2007, 11:26 pm
Enjoying the good life!

We're from the South...SE London/Kent then Cornwall for last 5 years. We are both settled...but only been here 7 weeks so still might have 'holiday heads' on!

Oh and we have 4 children...they all seem settled, made friends easily at school and enjoying thier new surroundings so far.
Old Jul 30th 2007, 11:51 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
We're both from the south and were settled very quickly. I'm wondering whether that whole 'people from the south' thing is actually a reference to relative poshness of migrants? I wonder if your average working class family settles more easily than your average middle class family.
Thats what I tend to think to be honest. My perception of those that are unhappy here are that they are stuck up and see themselves as better than the locals. Just my view you understand.
Old Jul 30th 2007, 11:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
We're both from the south and were settled very quickly. I'm wondering whether that whole 'people from the south' thing is actually a reference to relative poshness of migrants? I wonder if your average working class family settles more easily than your average middle class family.
Maybe. It's just the impression I get from talking to people here in SA, and also there does seem to be more people from the South on MBttUK.

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Good on ya Wendy.

And I always thought it was always the northerners missing their Mams that struggled. Northern blokes like to think they're hard but they do seem to be controlled by their Mams, what's for tea, and they do talk like their nuts are a tad constricted.

Not all Southerners are shandy drinking softies mate. I've met Londoners that have scared me, but noone North of Watford. They're too nice.
I miss my Mum I don't think I'd be here if she were still alive, but then maybe I would

My OH doesn't miss his Mum.

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Mate I have to be honest. I've met some hard men in my time, but I've never been scared of a man from the North. It's the voice. I knew well 'ard blokes in the forces who once they had a drink in them sounded just like old women. They gave an order and it just didn't carry.....

And I should know - I am an old woman and proud of it.

Old Beckham is the same. (Yes he's a southerner).
Well I've been out with quite a few Northern Lads (obviously cos I lived there ) and I've been out with 2 from the South and the Southerners are definitely more 'soft', for want of a better word, but in a good way from a womans point of view.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 12:14 am
BE Enthusiast

gillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Wendy
Maybe. It's just the impression I get from talking to people here in SA, and also there does seem to be more people from the South on MBttUK.

I miss my Mum I don't think I'd be here if she were still alive, but then maybe I would

My OH doesn't miss his Mum.

Well I've been out with quite a few Northern Lads (obviously cos I lived there ) and I've been out with 2 from the South and the Southerners are definitely more 'soft', for want of a better word, but in a good way from a womans point of view.
Well we're from the south and we've been settled a long long time. I never wanted to move back even when I felt homesick.

It's funny Wendys impression is that southerners find it harder - I had thought the opposite when reading some of the stuff on here about not being able to afford living in Oz and better standards of living in UK etc. I assumed it was coz they had nice houses for less money up north. I couldn't afford to move back to the south of England now even if I wanted to. There you go - don't make assumptions eh? Maybe we should do a survey "Are you settled? Where are you from - north or south?"
Old Jul 31st 2007, 12:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gillysm
Well we're from the south and we've been settled a long long time. I never wanted to move back even when I felt homesick.

It's funny Wendys impression is that southerners find it harder - I had thought the opposite when reading some of the stuff on here about not being able to afford living in Oz and better standards of living in UK etc. I assumed it was coz they had nice houses for less money up north. I couldn't afford to move back to the south of England now even if I wanted to. There you go - don't make assumptions eh? Maybe we should do a survey "Are you settled? Where are you from - north or south?"

They only cost less if your from the south The wages are crap up there
Old Jul 31st 2007, 12:42 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Male and not settled.

Been here for nearly 3 years now and it still doesnt feel like home. We had our first chat about heading back to England the other night once I get my citizenship next year.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 12:47 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

2 of each sexes in our house, all settled pretty much straight away.

(working class, from the North)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.