Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Selling a car on Ebay?

Selling a car on Ebay?

Old Feb 2nd 2006, 5:01 pm
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Selling a car on Ebay?

I've bought and sold cars on there with no problems,only had one which i told the bloke to stick where the sun don't shine as it was advertised as mint and i could tell that the back quarter had been sprayed up after a whack but in general the cars from there are as described,make sure you check out peoples feedback before you bid,
the car I've got now came from ebay and it's better than expected,when i picked it up it had full leather interior which they hadn't stated.
if you find one that your interested in just make sure that you ask lots of questions before you bid,ask how long they've had the car,is it registered to them,do they have the v5 with the car etc etc and print the advert out and take it with you when you pick it up,if it's not as stated then f*** them off and don't part with your money.
good luck jonni
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

gavinrobertson has a brilliant futuregavinrobertson has a brilliant futuregavinrobertson has a brilliant futuregavinrobertson has a brilliant futuregavinrobertson has a brilliant futuregavinrobertson has a brilliant futuregavinrobertson has a brilliant future

I've just sold my car on e-bay, advertised as must collect by 4th Feb, as I don't want it sitting on the drive when the taxi comes to take me to the airport.

Two days after the auction ends, the winning bidder e-mails me to say he can't come and collect it until the 11th, and he hopes it won't cause me a problem!

I sometimes wonder whether some people read the descritpions on e-bay, or if they just look at the pictures...
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

deanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by gavinrobertson
I've just sold my car on e-bay, advertised as must collect by 4th Feb, as I don't want it sitting on the drive when the taxi comes to take me to the airport.

Two days after the auction ends, the winning bidder e-mails me to say he can't come and collect it until the 11th, and he hopes it won't cause me a problem!

I sometimes wonder whether some people read the descritpions on e-bay, or if they just look at the pictures...
Hi i would email him and tell him you need it moving , has he paid for the car? if not tell him you have no option but to relist it, that usually does it.

Last edited by deanmhunt; Feb 2nd 2006 at 8:23 pm.
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 8:25 pm
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

yep get on to ebay and point out your situation or just bite the bullet and run it through the auctions,i don't know where you are are but the ADT in manchester is friday morning and stoodley's across the road is saturday morning but you do need to ring beforehand and book it in.
good luck and ADT is far better

Last edited by jonni boy; Feb 2nd 2006 at 8:50 pm.