Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Seasonal reflection: real Suffering

Seasonal reflection: real Suffering

Old Dec 22nd 2006, 11:07 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute
Default Seasonal reflection: real Suffering

We get a bit desensitised to war, murder and various disasters. However in this time of merry making and joy we should spare a thought for those of us that have suffered beyond the normal boundries.
This is a real event and the author is a journalist with the Evening Standard

have the tissues ready
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 12:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Seasonal reflection: real Suffering

Ahhh - terrible timing that tornado had - house getting blitzed just before House and Property came to photograph it .

Got to feel sorry for someone so shallow - where's the puke smilie?
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 12:20 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

I recommend a week in Sierra Leone... That'll sort her right out.
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 12:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seang
We get a bit desensitised to war, murder and various disasters. However in this time of merry making and joy we should spare a thought for those of us that have suffered beyond the normal boundries.

have the tissues ready
The words have been lacerated by shards of glass. Three bricks. Rainwater. Broken glass. A wooden bowl of Christmas clementines. These are vomited across our limestone floor.
She's a journalist you reckon? Most ambitious teenage english students could do better than her. She's just using a Thesaurus to seem smart. I mean really, were the contents of her house 'vomited' across the floor? How about 'blown'? Or 'shattered', or 'strewn' or 'smashed'. And I haven't even looked at a Thesaraus yet.

Oh yeah, and the constant reference to how bloody high quality all her furnishings were.

Job well done tornado

JTL
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 12:48 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

The insurance companies have taken a recent slating, but he was sensitive and honourable. He said we could stay in a hotel. Adrian explained that there is only one hotel in London: Claridge's. Simon did not demur
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Job well done tornado

JTL
I liked the way all her neighbours had their occupations listed - there was 'film producer Julia', Adrian - private banker', 'Jamie, our musician neighbour', 'film-producer Juliet', 'geography teacher Vanessa', 'Chris Martin, an advertising producer'.

Guess she just wanted us to know she lives in a yuppie neighbourhood..
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 1:09 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Why does that make me feel bileous?? I know going through something like this must be terrible and normally I`d feel sympathy for someone losing precious memories and stuff but this woman leaves me completely cold - "Talking to various media" and wearing"cyclone chic clothes" all this woman is worried about is getting attention and being part of a drama. "The only hotel in London is Claridges" MY HAIRY SCOTTISH ARSE!!!!!
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 1:41 pm
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute

As I read that heart rending narrative I was glancing round at my period casement windows, surrounded (ensconced, framed, juxtaposed) as they are with reclaimed (pre-loved, restored) architrave and as I admired (appreciated, cherished, commended, lauded, respected, revered, treasured, valued, venerated) our near perfect decor (it is a passion of mine, you know) I really felt for the poor woman. I mean - being seen in Cipriani in borrowed clothes - how can she show her face in public again.

I wanted to rush next door to share the story with my neighbours, but none of them are bankers or musicians, so I do not talk to them. In fact, I do not even let our nanny talk to their nannies.

Cheers,

SnobBoy

PS - seriously - I nearly brought up my dinner. Almost to the bottom of the page before the hard-hearted, self-centred bitch could stop whinging about losing her poncy f***ing stainless steel and glass worktops for long enough to mention as an aside that her daughter's pet cat was probably dead.
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 2:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DagBoy
As I read that heart rending narrative I was glancing round at my period casement windows, surrounded (ensconced, framed, juxtaposed) as they are with reclaimed (pre-loved, restored) architrave and as I admired (appreciated, cherished, commended, lauded, respected, revered, treasured, valued, venerated) our near perfect decor (it is a passion of mine, you know) I really felt for the poor woman.
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 2:39 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

have the tissues ready
I only got through by skimming this...what a pretentious moo!
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 6:23 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busterboy
I only got through by skimming this...what a pretentious moo!

me too ... looks like her laptop survived the tornado too.

sad that folks lost thier homes and belongings though ... even if they are slightly - errrr - eccentric about it doesnt exactly stir feelings of empathy does it???

Last edited by tiredwithtwins; Dec 22nd 2006 at 7:27 pm.
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 7:11 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: Seasonal reflection: real Suffering

have the tissues ready
Hell's teeth, that makes my blood boil!