Scuba

Old Mar 30th 2008, 12:40 pm
If all else fails...smile

smiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scuba

This is something that I would love to do and if I ever
get to Oz will be something, I would like to take up.......I have always swum as a kid, I was in a well known Portsmouth speed team and then I left that and started synchronised swimming and have swum in some real yukkie places.....now here's my dilemma when I go in the sea now as an adult, I am scared to death of the fish swimming around me.....therefore as much as I would love to scuba etc have real threats about it......hey this is something for me to explore in my self awareness for my counselling diploma....but what's it all about?????
Ems x
Old Mar 30th 2008, 12:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by smiling4
This is something that I would love to do and if I ever
get to Oz will be something, I would like to take up.......I have always swum as a kid, I was in a well known Portsmouth speed team and then I left that and started synchronised swimming and have swum in some real yukkie places.....now here's my dilemma when I go in the sea now as an adult, I am scared to death of the fish swimming around me.....therefore as much as I would love to scuba etc have real threats about it......hey this is something for me to explore in my self awareness for my counselling diploma....but what's it all about?????
Ems x
Just go up to Cairns and go out on a reef. Your phobia will disappear.

Mike.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really nice

could anyone recommend a good diving instructor as I have always wanted to do this. I need to get a bit fitter first though. I am in Baldivis.

Congrats Worzel on passing your theory test.

Thanks for any advise.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 1:38 pm
If all else fails...smile

smiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy&Mike
Just go up to Cairns and go out on a reef. Your phobia will disappear.

Mike.
Maybe will give it a try.....would love too....thanks

Originally Posted by Tigeresswhite
could anyone recommend a good diving instructor as I have always wanted to do this. I need to get a bit fitter first though. I am in Baldivis.

Thanks for any advise.
Yeah Worzel many congrats....forgot to congrat u!

Ems x
Old Mar 30th 2008, 6:41 pm
Who's the nanny?

nanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
I do! I'm a PADI Divemaster, been diving for 10+ years now. Learnt in the UK, done heaps of diving all around the UK but also in South Africa, Philippines, Indonesia, Australia, New Zealand, South Pacific, Red Sea etc. Absolutely bloody love it

Good luck for your theory test!

Now your just showing offWish i could swim never mind dive
Old Mar 30th 2008, 8:23 pm
Ber-kerk

Wheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the rough

I just love it!

I qualified about 7 years ago but haven't been for ages - my ex was my instructor so am not as comfortable without a friend to dive with.

I learnt off shore in Bundaberg and have a nice scar still from falling over with my gear on the rocks!

I found the trickiest part removing the mask and putting back on again, mainly because I wear contacts and having your eyes closed while trying to breathe underwater gets a bit much as I want to block my nose but need the bleedin hand to put mask back on. Nearly lost it on a refresher

But apart from that its wonderful! I always love the feeling of it when you are finished too - such a nice relaxed buzz.

Welcome to the club!!

PS anyone need a buddy for the Brisbane area (once I get there in a few months) for possible trips let me know!
Old Mar 31st 2008, 1:48 am
BE Enthusiast

kiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up Re: Scuba

My husband and son want to learn to dive when they get there. So about how much do lessons set you back in Brisbane and how long does it take to qualify?

I'm afraid I hear the Jaws theme tune when I'm in deep water, so I'll stick to snorkelling the shallow bits.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 4:17 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwinow
My husband and son want to learn to dive when they get there. So about how much do lessons set you back in Brisbane and how long does it take to qualify?

I'm afraid I hear the Jaws theme tune when I'm in deep water, so I'll stick to snorkelling the shallow bits.
But sharks don't bottom feed (the ones that bite you anyway) so the theory is that if you see a shark you head down not up. On the rare occassion a person is attacked it is someone on the surface.

Originally Posted by smiling4
Maybe will give it a try.....would love too....thanks

Yeah Worzel many congrats....forgot to congrat u!

Ems x
Originally Posted by YoSemite
Congrats on the theory!
Well done, and welcome to the world of diving
Thanks all.

I really envy you - I hate it that I get really cold underwater!

Hmm... must learn how to multi quote!
Something like this?
Old Mar 31st 2008, 4:19 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

There is a dive shop in Rockingham so maybe ask there?
Old Mar 31st 2008, 6:15 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!
We're doing the RST tonight (theory) and Tues am (practical) so to all those in Perth - keep out of the water in the morning
Old Mar 31st 2008, 6:55 am
A former regular of BE

Originally Posted by nightnurse2
Congratulations!
We're doing the RST tonight (theory) and Tues am (practical) so to all those in Perth - keep out of the water in the morning
you won't need luck to pass the theory - so long as you have read the book - it is a walk in the park - easy questions and an easy pass mark.

But I will wish you lots of luck for the practical if it goes ahead given what Cyclone Pancho is doing to us at the moment! The forecast is 2 metre swell and winds to 26 knots (so seas to 2.6 metres roughly). A combined 4.6 metres! Liam would love that on the jetski but I can't see them letting you out in a boat in that.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 8:08 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
you won't need luck to pass the theory - so long as you have read the book - it is a walk in the park - easy questions and an easy pass mark.

But I will wish you lots of luck for the practical if it goes ahead given what Cyclone Pancho is doing to us at the moment! The forecast is 2 metre swell and winds to 26 knots (so seas to 2.6 metres roughly). A combined 4.6 metres! Liam would love that on the jetski but I can't see them letting you out in a boat in that.
Yeah, I've been watching the forecast
I'll see what trevor says tonight - I'm hoping he'll ask us to keep witnin the harbour
Old Mar 31st 2008, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Tigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really nice

There is a dive shop in Rockingham so maybe ask there?
Is that the one on the foreshore in Rockingham worzel? Thanks for the info.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 9:51 am
A former regular of BE

Is that the one on the foreshore in Rockingham worzel? Thanks for the info.
I am not sure but when I googled dive shop and perth the one in Rocky came up near the top.

http://www.diveoz.com.au/directory_s...ps.asp?state=5
Old Mar 31st 2008, 10:23 am
BE Enthusiast

I am not sure but when I googled dive shop and perth the one in Rocky came up near the top.

http://www.diveoz.com.au/directory_s...ps.asp?state=5

Thanks for that Worzel, I will give them a ring do these places do taster dives? Did you get to do a taster dive before you signed up?
Mark is not sure he wants to do it and I have always wanted to dive.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.