Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Scottish Independence

Scottish Independence

Old Jan 17th 2012, 9:04 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scottish Independence

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm *slavers*

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/...udding-007.jpg
Ha ha did you realise it was "Stornoway" black pudding? How very Scot-like
Old Jan 17th 2012, 9:21 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cresta57
Ha ha did you realise it was "Stornoway" black pudding? How very Scot-like
I did.. but I didn't want to highlight it.
Old Jan 17th 2012, 11:24 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

Independent Scotland 'would have £270bn debt pile'

An independent Scotland could start life with a debt pile of as much as £270bn, equivalent to more than double its annual economic output, according to a report by advocacy group Taxpayer Scotland.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/e...debt-pile.html
Old Jan 17th 2012, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

Craig1987 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig1987 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig1987 has a spectacular aura about

Go awaann, yer miserable po faced Jock.
Nice.

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Could you not hove found a slightly larger picture? I'm struggling to see this one...

... from orbit...

S

Originally Posted by PAP01
Free Scotland my arse, last time i went their i had to bloddy pay
Did you fall for the "wallet inspector" gag again?
Old Jan 17th 2012, 9:14 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by commonwealth
Independent Scotland 'would have £270bn debt pile'

An independent Scotland could start life with a debt pile of as much as £270bn, equivalent to more than double its annual economic output, according to a report by advocacy group Taxpayer Scotland.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/e...debt-pile.html
"Scotland continues to practice Ponzi scheme government, with little sign of any understanding that this can only end in real problems for the public purse – especially if English beneficence is taken out of present balances and even if all oil revenues become Scotland's"

For those in favour of an independant Scotland, how do you propose that this, and some of the questions I asked earlier, be tackled?
Old Jan 17th 2012, 9:26 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Craig1987
Thin skin? That's actually funny because everyone who knows me says the opposite. I'm not defending everyone in Scotland, but Broad shoulders seems to think it's ok to have a go at Scotland. Like I said, I'm a patriotic person, so whenever someone starts talking a big steamy pile, I can't let it slide.

This and every other thread relating to Scottish independence have at least one Scottish person leaving the conversation due to the ignorance of others. Does that not tell you something?

While I am sorry if you "got crap" in Scotland, I have been on the receiving end of racial abuse by English people many times. In England and abroad. Scotland isn't perfect. Neither is England/Wales/NI/wherever.
Broad shoulders has 'had a go' at his MIL,she turned him down
Old Jan 17th 2012, 9:36 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm *slavers*

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/...udding-007.jpg
That green stuff will only confuse the wimmin of BE
Old Jan 17th 2012, 11:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute

"Scotland continues to practice Ponzi scheme government, with little sign of any understanding that this can only end in real problems for the public purse – especially if English beneficence is taken out of present balances and even if all oil revenues become Scotland's"

For those in favour of an independant Scotland, how do you propose that this, and some of the questions I asked earlier, be tackled?
If Scotland is such a drain on the "English purse" why is Cameron so against independence? Could it be that what would be left would be a heavier burden on the south east of England?
Old Jan 17th 2012, 11:44 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Gibbo
If Scotland is such a drain on the "English purse" why is Cameron so against independence? Could it be that what would be left would be a heavier burden on the south east of England?
No
Old Jan 18th 2012, 12:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute

No
What's the reason then? I believe it is.
Old Jan 18th 2012, 12:15 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

Together greater than sum of individual parts. Much more so for Scotland which will become economically like Ireland.

Old Jan 18th 2012, 12:23 am
Account Closed

Perhaps because he's the Prime Minister of the UK, or maybe because he's the leader of, what used to be known as, the Conservative and Unionist Party?

The only possible reason, for wanting to retain Scotland as part of the UK for financial reasons, which is what you are suggesting, would be if Scotland was a major net contributor to UK finances. It's not.
Old Jan 18th 2012, 4:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Perhaps because he's the Prime Minister of the UK, or maybe because he's the leader of, what used to be known as, the Conservative and Unionist Party?

The only possible reason, for wanting to retain Scotland as part of the UK for financial reasons, which is what you are suggesting, would be if Scotland was a major net contributor to UK finances. It's not.
Next best to the south east I believe. Interesting article in yesterday's Scotsman you should read. The Scotsman is not known for supporting independence. In fact pretty pro UK.
Old Jan 18th 2012, 4:55 am
Account Closed

Next best to the south east I believe. Interesting article in yesterday's Scotsman you should read. The Scotsman is not known for supporting independence. In fact pretty pro UK.
Well having just read some of the blogs on The Scotsman it's evident that a decent percentage of Scots absolutely hate and loath the English.

Given that background, the sooner Scotland ****s off the better. Once it's 'gone' I wish it, what many Scots seem to wish for England, nothing but ill will.
Old Jan 18th 2012, 4:59 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Well having just read some of the blogs on The Scotsman it's evident that a decent percentage of Scots absolutely hate and loath the English.

Given that background, the sooner Scotland ****s off the better. Once it's 'gone' I wish it, what many Scots seem to wish for England, nothing but ill will.

Well, it's your karma honey.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.