Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Schoolgirl mum-to-be insists cigarettes not harming baby

Schoolgirl mum-to-be insists cigarettes not harming baby

Old May 21st 2006, 12:31 am
Banned

Wife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Schoolgirl mum-to-be insists cigarettes not harming baby

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Give it another five or ten years, and this sort of thing won't even be news anymore.

Oh, the joys of living in an irresponsible welfare state.

Hey kid, would you like to spend even more of my hard-earned tax money? Would you? Well would you?! Go on then, have some more! Heck, have it all! I don't give a toss anymore!!!

Bugger. Now I'm biting my nails because I'm all edgy and agitated.
Hey Vash. You need to change your location under your username, it says that you are in the UK. When did you come home?
Old May 21st 2006, 1:47 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Toppa
I commend Adele and moneypegs20 for their commonsense, compassion, and wisdom in regard to this topic.

Point of interest: Why do so many want to condemn this girl and her mother? It would seem to me that their lives haven't exactly been a bed of roses. More likely a bed of thorns. What's that old biblical saying?... "Judge not lest ye be judged" Hmm.. some might like to think on that one a bit.
you are doing what everybody else is doing, only the other way round, with rose covered specs! i dont know what their life is all about, same as you dont. how do you know that their life has been a 'bed of thorns'. they might have a priviledged background? WE dont know their situation with their home life. however, what we do know is that there is a 12 YEAR OLD GIRL who is pregnant and who smokes. to me that screams WRONG!!!! it doesnt matter what her background is, or family life, the fact is she is pregnant AT 12 YEARS OLD and SMOKE WHILST PREGNANT. both, very very wrong.

i am not condeming the girl and her mother, i dont know them, so i cant do that. BUT, i am condeming the situation.

we all know that this situation could happen to any person/child, irrespective of their homelife/situation. BUT, we all also know that it more likely to happen to children from poor backgrounds.

i have compassion and i have wisdom, as many other BE posters have. just because we have a different outlook on this thread than you have, doesnt make us monsters.

What's that old biblical saying?... "Judge not lest ye be judged" Hmm.. some might like to think on that one a bit. [/QUOTE]...............seems like you are doing exactly the same.
Old May 21st 2006, 5:00 am
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute

My teenagers both did projects in their 1st year at senior school (11/12)about the risks of smoking, they did posters etc, then in science they did pregnancy and covered smoking, drinking, drugs etc in pregnancy...
surely everyone knows the risks...i think its disgusting to see a pregnant woman smoking.
did this girl go to school???she obviously didnt learn much!!!
Old May 21st 2006, 6:58 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
you are doing what everybody else is doing, only the other way round, with rose covered specs! i dont know what their life is all about, same as you dont. how do you know that their life has been a 'bed of thorns'. they might have a priviledged background? WE dont know their situation with their home life. however, what we do know is that there is a 12 YEAR OLD GIRL who is pregnant and who smokes. to me that screams WRONG!!!! it doesnt matter what her background is, or family life, the fact is she is pregnant AT 12 YEARS OLD and SMOKE WHILST PREGNANT. both, very very wrong.

i am not condeming the girl and her mother, i dont know them, so i cant do that. BUT, i am condeming the situation.

we all know that this situation could happen to any person/child, irrespective of their homelife/situation. BUT, we all also know that it more likely to happen to children from poor backgrounds.

i have compassion and i have wisdom, as many other BE posters have. just because we have a different outlook on this thread than you have, doesnt make us monsters.

What's that old biblical saying?... "Judge not lest ye be judged" Hmm.. some might like to think on that one a bit. ...............seems like you are doing exactly the same.
I am pretty sure that if you read back through the thread you will not find ANYONE saying that this is a good situation for this girl.
I totally agree with you that this should not have happened - however it HAS happened and surely what is now required is to find the best solution to an unfortunate circumstance.

My point was that you cannot just assume this baby will not have a happy, healthy, fullfilled life with her mother and grandmother because you have read a couple of newspaper articles.

while you may not have been 'condeming the girl and her mother' there were plenty of people on here who were and all i was asking for was more thought on the situation. Yes everyone is entitled to their opinion and i simply gave you mine.

Adele
Old May 21st 2006, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

Toppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty

What's that old biblical saying?... "Judge not lest ye be judged" Hmm.. some might like to think on that one a bit.
...............seems like you are doing exactly the same.[/QUOTE]

If you read my posts (not just the one you quoted), you would see that I am not judging anyone. I am merely pointing out the obvious to those who think the answer is to rip this family apart. Those who have advocated this idea ARE JUDGING the family. Their posts are about BLAME (hence the reference to not judging). Adele, Moneypen20, Vash and myself (and possibly some others) can all see only too clearly that tearing families apart is not the answer. Education and support are.
Old May 21st 2006, 6:29 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Stupid little bitch.

What sort of a life is that kid going to have..
Old May 21st 2006, 6:41 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Stupid little bitch.

Probably the same kind of life the 12yo has had, and the 12yo's mother and so on and so on....

Its a horrible cycle that they need help breaking.

Calling them names and judging them isnt going to help, neither is the kind of trashy coverage the tabloids in the UK are giving her.
Old May 21st 2006, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

Toppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Hels
Probably the same kind of life the 12yo has had, and the 12yo's mother and so on and so on....

Its a horrible cycle that they need help breaking.

Calling them names and judging them isnt going to help, neither is the kind of trashy coverage the tabloids in the UK are giving her.
Totally agree
Old May 21st 2006, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

Stupid little bitch.

That "stupid little bitch" that you refer to is just a kid herself. Whatever the influences a 12 yr old child has lived under, you can't just change them overnight and/or expect her to suddenly have the understanding of a grown woman with excellent coping skills and critical thinking capacity.

In simpler terms... "you can't put an old head on young shoulders"
Old May 21st 2006, 6:54 pm
Account Closed

That "stupid little bitch" that you refer to is just a kid herself. Whatever the influences a 12 yr old child has lived under, you can't just change them overnight and/or expect her to suddenly have the understanding of a grown woman with excellent coping skills and critical thinking capacity.

In simpler terms... "you can't put an old head on young shoulders"
She is a girl who is old enough to get herself pregnant, smokes, voiced opinions about herself and her baby.

Are you telling me that not ONE of her family has the sense to say....hey, this isn't good...we need some help here !
Maybe I was harsh calling the girl that...but her mother...well, I won't apologise for her!
Old May 21st 2006, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

She is a girl who is old enough to get herself pregnant, smokes, voiced opinions about herself and her baby.

Are you telling me that not ONE of her family has the sense to say....hey, this isn't good...we need some help here !
Maybe I was harsh calling the girl that...but her mother...well, I won't apologise for her!
As Hels alluded to in her post there has probably been a cycle going on for generations regarding attitudes and behaviour, that needs to be broken. The mother no doubt learnt whatever parenting skills from her own homelife and no doubt they were wanting on some levels.

I have met families like this and I'm sure many others have. It's not that they are bad people, they just often haven't had much luck in life and many aren't the brightest, often average or below average intelligence.
Old May 21st 2006, 7:10 pm
Account Closed

As Hels alluded to in her post there has probably been a cycle going on for generations regarding attitudes and behaviour, that needs to be broken. The mother no doubt learnt whatever parenting skills from her own homelife and no doubt they were wanting on some levels.

I have met families like this and I'm sure many others have. It's not that they are bad people, they just often haven't had much luck in life and many aren't the brightest, often average or below average intelligence.

History does not necessarily have to repeat itself....and that excuse is used too often.....usually by professional people/organisations who have failed to do anything about the situation
Old May 21st 2006, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Stupid little bitch.

She is not stupid, she is going to get a free house all kitted out with furniture and white goods, council tax paid, free food, free dental treatment, child benefit, child allowance, supplementary benefit, free god knows what else, all paid for by the ever obliging tax payer. No way is she stupid. The stupid ones are the people who work for a living.

As for the kid, I bet it will have so many uncles it will be difficult to keep track.
Old May 21st 2006, 8:09 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by NedKelly
She is not stupid, she is going to get a free house all kitted out with furniture and white goods, council tax paid, free food, free dental treatment, child benefit, child allowance, supplementary benefit, free god knows what else, all paid for by the ever obliging tax payer. No way is she stupid. The stupid ones are the people who work for a living.

As for the kid, I bet it will have so many uncles it will be difficult to keep track.
hmmm....put like that...no, she isn't is she?
Old May 21st 2006, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NedKelly

...so in essence I suppose that her mother (who is reportedly proud of her daughter) must be thinking along the same lines. After all - there is no way she can live in the house on her own. It's illegal AS SHE'S ONLY 12!! SHE'S A MINOR AND WILL BE UNTIL HER KID IS OLD ENOUGH TO START SCHOOL!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.