British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   sausages......... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/sausages-594824/)

mr mover Mar 1st 2009 7:43 pm

sausages.........

Any one tried....or knows what a Cumberland Sausage is....?
The reason i ask is a new company here in Adelaide, The British Sausage Company, [i kid you not] is advertising on radio that they make and sell genuine Cumberland Sausages..................mm;)

Brisben Mar 1st 2009 8:01 pm

Re: sausages.........

Originally Posted by mr mover (Post 7335387)
The reason i ask is a new company here in Adelaide, The British Sausage Company, [i kid you not] is advertising on radio that they make and sell genuine Cumberland Sausages..................mm;)

I have tried them and they are better than any australian sausage I have tried.

mr mover Mar 1st 2009 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by Brisben (Post 7335431)
I have tried them and they are better than any australian sausage I have tried.

What is so special about them..? are they pork or beef ........? mm;)

Jaycee1 Mar 1st 2009 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by mr mover (Post 7335442)
What is so special about them..? are they pork or beef ........? mm;)

Go get some and you can be the chief taster :thumbsup:
I was brought up on Aussie sausage and loved the sausage sizzles at school so Cumberland just don't do it for me :(
I also used to cook them on the Deli in Tesco so i have possibly eaten my share....:rofl:
J x

bcworld Mar 1st 2009 8:36 pm

The main thing that's special about em is that it comes coiled up, so you'd only have one but it's a long skinny sausage rolled up. And yes, much nicer than typical Aussie BBQ snags.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cumberland_sausage

Dougie Mar 1st 2009 10:46 pm

Gotta go some to beat the Tesco 'Pork & Brambley Apple' sausage IMO

Dougie :)

spartacus Mar 1st 2009 10:56 pm

In my two years here I've yet to taste a decent ozzie sausage; a disappointing scenario, which leaves a rather nasty taste in the mouth!

suzyt Mar 1st 2009 11:12 pm

Oh we cant stand Aussie sausages in our house, why are they so full of gristle, we have been lucky to find a butcher near us that does lovely pork sausages, now the kids are happy. Also chicken sausages what is that all about has anyone ever dared try one :blink:

ABCDiamond Mar 1st 2009 11:13 pm

I thought they were in WA...
  • Osborne Park - The British Sausage Company, Unit 2, 2 Powell St, Osborne Park, WA 6017 T: 08 9201 9688
Formed in 1992 by Mick Ferrero, after emigrating to Australia from the UK in 1991.

spartacus Mar 1st 2009 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by suzyt (Post 7335829)
Also chicken sausages what is that all about has anyone ever dared try one :blink:

It's chicken, in a sausage. Get over it man woman man! ;)

bcworld Mar 1st 2009 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by suzyt (Post 7335829)
Also chicken sausages what is that all about has anyone ever dared try one :blink:

If you've ever had an airline breakfast on Singapore Airlines, Emirates etc then you've probably had chicken sausage.......pork is a big no no for many people travelling in the region. On my last Emirates flight we got bacon (made from Turkey) served with a cherry crepe...all very odd, but strangely tasty!

kporte Mar 1st 2009 11:20 pm

Oh a sausage thread! The double entendres are on the tip of my tongue.
How is Spartacus restraining himself?

spartacus Mar 1st 2009 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by kporte (Post 7335840)
Oh a sausage thread! The double entendres are on the tip of my tongue.
How is Spartacus restraining himself?

Much like Ulysses resisting the Sirens, I've had myself lashed to my mast.

kporte Mar 2nd 2009 12:07 am

Originally Posted by spartacus (Post 7335895)
Much like Ulysses resisting the Sirens, I've had myself lashed to my mast.

Lets leave your mast out of it and get back to your sausage

petensue Mar 2nd 2009 12:09 am

I don't eat meat but my OH and daughter hate Aussie sausages and love the one's made by The British Sausage Company.The texture and taste is different according to them!I made the mistake of buying some Aussie pork sausages thinking they would be the same and let's just say the dogs ate well that day!Sue.