Wikiposts

The Sausage Report

Old May 29th 2011, 5:52 pm
your fair weather friend!

unfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The Sausage Report

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Amen to that... Plenty of spicy food around these parts.. I know plenty of Aussies like your In Laws though. There are a fair few English people like it too though... I know my Parents and brother and Sister wont touch Spicy food. In fact my Younger brother 10 years my Junior... still does old fashioned English things like keeping his beer in the Cupboard rather than fridge and eats baked beans at least 5 times a week... and with every roast.
what's his name, Pop-eye?
Old May 29th 2011, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

kitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tomar
There is a British butcher in Cooroy Qld, and strangely enough comes from our old village in Nottingham! I don't eat sausages but the meat eaters in my family do and they rated his pork and cumberland sausages very very highly. Husband reckoned the pork pie from there was the best he had tasted here and his gammon was quite something, I think dry cured by him and melt in the mouth!!! Making any one hungry? Definitely recommend him.
I can feel a trip to Cooroy coming on . A 30 minute drive to get highly rated pork sausages, pork pies and gammon - Have been wanting a gammon steak with an egg on top for ages - refuse to try one of those abnormally round and reconstituted ''ham'' steaks I've seen.
Old May 29th 2011, 6:47 pm

unfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kitty4
I can feel a trip to Cooroy coming on . A 30 minute drive to get highly rated pork sausages, pork pies and gammon - Have been wanting a gammon steak with an egg on top for ages - refuse to try one of those abnormally round and reconstituted ''ham'' steaks I've seen.
you're right to refuse. In a fit of impulsiveness, I bought some the other day and they were SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITE
Old May 29th 2011, 7:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kitty4
A Gammon Steak is one thing I've never seen for sale in all my time here in Aus. In fact I've not seen one cooked either.

I wonder if they do them anywhere over this side of Town... can't be arsed going to Dandenong to get one. I reckon I could get my Vietnamese butcher to do one.... what cut does it come from ?
Old May 29th 2011, 7:44 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

A Gammon Steak is one thing I've never seen for sale in all my time here in Aus. In fact I've not seen one cooked either.

I wonder if they do them anywhere over this side of Town... can't be arsed going to Dandenong to get one. I reckon I could get my Vietnamese butcher to do one.... what cut does it come from ?
My local (Italian) butcher sells pickled pork - which is essentially the same thing as gammon.
Old May 29th 2011, 7:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
My local (Italian) butcher sells pickled pork - which is essentially the same thing as gammon.
Ive seen plenty of Pickled Pork... plenty of Italian and Greek butchers here... It's the Serbs and other ex Yugoslavian people that are the Melbourne Pork aficionados... although the Vietnamese and Chinese use a lot of Pork as well.

I'm going to take this picture to my Vietnamese bloke and tell him there's a possiblity of a big market for "This cut of Ham" Unless someone can explain it better.

l
Old May 29th 2011, 7:51 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
yep, it is. I ate a lot of the stuff until the Irish shop near me actually started selling gammon
Old Jun 20th 2011, 12:49 pm
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

If anyone lives near Somerville, VIC and loves sausages then I can recommend the pork and leek from the Coolart butcher near Woolies.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute

My family likes sausages too - eldest loves the Coles beef crappy ones (she's half Aussie so I blame that!) but I'm yet to find nice pork bangers. I used to like Porky Whites or butchers' own in the UK.

I have an added problem now that I have suspected Coeliac Disease so I can't have gluten. I nearly cried on my trip to the UK the other week because I couldn't eat most bangers because of the breadcrumbs..........BOOOOO!
Old Jun 20th 2011, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

Pommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nice

Ive seen plenty of Pickled Pork... plenty of Italian and Greek butchers here... It's the Serbs and other ex Yugoslavian people that are the Melbourne Pork aficionados... although the Vietnamese and Chinese use a lot of Pork as well.

I'm going to take this picture to my Vietnamese bloke and tell him there's a possiblity of a big market for "This cut of Ham" Unless someone can explain it better.

http://www.gladwinsbutchers.com/imag...tion_bacon.jpgl

Oh Good Idea. Ive never seen a ham steak here. I had a lovley one my cuz cooked for me on my trip back to uk last year. I even took my camera around the supermarkets there
Old Jun 20th 2011, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by itigo
My family likes sausages too - eldest loves the Coles beef crappy ones (she's half Aussie so I blame that!) but I'm yet to find nice pork bangers. I used to like Porky Whites or butchers' own in the UK.

I have an added problem now that I have suspected Coeliac Disease so I can't have gluten. I nearly cried on my trip to the UK the other week because I couldn't eat most bangers because of the breadcrumbs..........BOOOOO!
get yerself down to tasman meats in belmont, excellent pork bangers (old english i think) there
Old Jun 20th 2011, 5:43 pm
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by itigo

The ones I mentioned above (from Somerville) are gluten free.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 9:13 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by unfair dinkum
Are you a born again sausage eater too?
Actually, I'm more like a sausage crusader, on a quest to find a decent pork banger at a competitive price. It's taken me nearly 3 bloody hard long years, and I may have found my holy grail, but I'm still open to suggestions.....I'm fickle too
Went into Celtic Koala today to restock on the sausages, seems they are having problems keeping up with the demand The girl working there said she's been here 8 months and she's only tasted one Aussie sausage, put her off for life! I must be a good customer too, they keep giving me free sausage rolls
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 9:48 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Went into Celtic Koala today to restock on the sausages, seems they are having problems keeping up with the demand The girl working there said she's been here 8 months and she's only tasted one Aussie sausage, put her off for life! I must be a good customer too, they keep giving me free sausage rolls
What kinda sausages they got then?

Cos, I have yet to find a decent one. I have mentioned that my butcher does do nice sausages, but lately I have changed my mind. I have stopped eating/buying sausages here now.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 9:52 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Time to reinforce the steps of the mountain bar

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.