The Sausage Report

Old May 22nd 2011, 9:27 am
your fair weather friend!

unfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to behold
Default The Sausage Report

I'm a sucker for a tube of pork exploding it's hot juices into my mouth....the near ecstatic gagging before gulping down the gloopy mush.
So with that in mind, I'd like to facilitate a sausage symposium, where we can talk all things sausage related. No snags will gain entry into my mouth these days.
Well, this very evening we had brannans Cumberland sausages from aldi....firm, meaty, coarse texture, in short, tasty as f6ck, and as good as anything I've had in the uk, way better than anything else here, numerous butchers included....and perlease, don't get me started on economy BBQ snags from Coles or woolies
Old May 22nd 2011, 10:23 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Sausage Report

I bought Brannigans ('Italian' I think) sausages from Aldi ONCE. They were full of very large hard grissly lumps and so much fat I had flames shooting out the top of the grill.

Can live with the fat, they're sausages after all, but the lumps. Ew, never again!
Old May 22nd 2011, 10:31 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by unfair dinkum
I'm a sucker for a tube of pork exploding it's hot juices into my mouth....the near ecstatic gagging before gulping down the gloopy mush.
So with that in mind, I'd like to facilitate a sausage symposium, where we can talk all things sausage related. No snags will gain entry into my mouth these days.
Well, this very evening we had brannans Cumberland sausages from aldi....firm, meaty, coarse texture, in short, tasty as f6ck, and as good as anything I've had in the uk, way better than anything else here, numerous butchers included....and perlease, don't get me started on economy BBQ snags from Coles or woolies
Celtic Koala Irish Style Sausages - to quote them -The closest to Dennys you will find, And thats a promise!!! The best in Australia!! Made locally to Irish standards and tastes. Also similar to Walls English Pork sausage. Your nice average tasty every day soft pork sausage. (and they are seriously yummy!!! )

They do Lincolnshire sausages too, haven't tried them yet though.
Attached Thumbnails The Sausage Report-denny-irish-sausage-250x250.jpg   The Sausage Report-liconshire-sausages-250x250.jpg  
Old May 22nd 2011, 10:37 am

unfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bcworld
I bought Brannigans ('Italian' I think) sausages from Aldi ONCE. They were full of very large hard grissly lumps and so much fat I had flames shooting out the top of the grill.

Can live with the fat, they're sausages after all, but the lumps. Ew, never again!
I'm sorry you had to go through such a traumatic event. I think as well as talking about fantastic sausage experiences, this thread should also should enable us as a community to be there for each other when things go wrong...I'm there for you buddy, peace be with you
Old May 22nd 2011, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Celtic Koala Irish Style Sausages - to quote them -The closest to Dennys you will find, And thats a promise!!! The best in Australia!! Made locally to Irish standards and tastes. Also similar to Walls English Pork sausage. Your nice average tasty every day soft pork sausage. (and they are seriously yummy!!! )

They do Lincolnshire sausages too, haven't tried them yet though.
Thanks Pollyanna, this is exactly the sort of feel good sausage story I was hoping for! Please, ignore bcworld, he doesn't know what he's saying
Where can you get these delights?
Old May 22nd 2011, 11:04 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Although I've kind of adjusted to beef sausage, my heart still belongs to the humble pork banger. My local butcher does the most gorgeous apple and pork sausages, they're mouth wateringly gorgeous.

We don't often eat sausage - but when we do, these are top of my list. (He does some amazing combinations leading up to Christmas too, I'll have to hunt out last year's order list to share)
Old May 22nd 2011, 11:06 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Pollyanna, this is exactly the sort of feel good sausage story I was hoping for! Please, ignore bcworld, he doesn't know what he's saying
Where can you get these delights?
The link takes you to their facebook page, then you can go onto their website.They're in Brisbane (conveniently at the end of my road!!!)

They do mail-order on some stuff, but have only just started it with the meat and other perishables, at the moment it seems to be all coastal areas from Sydney to Mackay. Canberra also.Please contact for deliveries from coastal areas along East Coast from Mackay to Townsville as it can be done but needs to be collected from depot.
I know when I last chatted to them they were going to try and do deliveries all the way to Victoria so I guess its just a matter of time. They have certainly grown VERY fast and their meat stuff is brilliant - includes REAL pork pies, scotch eggs and divine sausage rolls Lovely Irish people running it
Old May 22nd 2011, 11:14 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by bcworld

I remember similar traumatic events with Coles sausages till I refused to eat them any longer. I then went into a sausage-free zone for a few years till this shop opened down the road!
Old May 22nd 2011, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by Dreamy
Although I've kind of adjusted to beef sausage, my heart still belongs to the humble pork banger. My local butcher does the most gorgeous apple and pork sausages, they're mouth wateringly gorgeous.

We don't often eat sausage - but when we do, these are top of my list. (He does some amazing combinations leading up to Christmas too, I'll have to hunt out last year's order list to share)
Our local corner shop sells birragurra beef sausages, and they ain't bad. Tbh I'm not a great fan of poncing around too much with different flavours and combinations, but hey! This is an inclusive thread and I welcome sausage eaters of all different denominations, we'll have no sausage sectarianism here. I wish you all the best
Old May 22nd 2011, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by Dreamy

The link takes you to their facebook page, then you can go onto their website.They're in Brisbane (conveniently at the end of my road!!!)

They do mail-order on some stuff, but have only just started it with the meat and other perishables, at the moment it seems to be all coastal areas from Sydney to Mackay. Canberra also.Please contact for deliveries from coastal areas along East Coast from Mackay to Townsville as it can be done but needs to be collected from depot.
I know when I last chatted to them they were going to try and do deliveries all the way to Victoria so I guess its just a matter of time. They have certainly grown VERY fast and their meat stuff is brilliant - includes REAL pork pies, scotch eggs and divine sausage rolls Lovely Irish people running it
Forgive my ignorance PA, but how can you send sausages interstate in the mail, in a country which doesn't even allow you to cross state borders with an apple
Old May 22nd 2011, 11:22 am

I remember similar traumatic events with Coles sausages till I refused to eat them any longer. I then went into a sausage-free zone for a few years till this shop opened down the road!
Are you a born again sausage eater too?
Actually, I'm more like a sausage crusader, on a quest to find a decent pork banger at a competitive price. It's taken me nearly 3 bloody hard long years, and I may have found my holy grail, but I'm still open to suggestions.....I'm fickle too
Old May 22nd 2011, 11:37 am
Home and Happy

Forgive my ignorance PA, but how can you send sausages interstate in the mail, in a country which doesn't even allow you to cross state borders with an apple
Dunno, I just remember remarking to them when they first opened that I knew people across the country who would kill for some of their stuff and she said they were talking to Aus Post about how to send fresh food interstate, so I guess it can be done if you are a business They've always done mail order on the more usual foodstuffs, the fresh food is very recent.

Are you a born again sausage eater too?
Actually, I'm more like a sausage crusader, on a quest to find a decent pork banger at a competitive price. It's taken me nearly 3 bloody hard long years, and I may have found my holy grail, but I'm still open to suggestions.....I'm fickle too
Yeah I guess you could call me a born-again sausage eater I've got a stock of them in the fridge now, went for about 5 years here without eating them, only had them on my trips home. Really missed them too, I love them hot and cold. Sausage rolls have to be cold though, less keen on them hot
Old May 22nd 2011, 11:53 am

Dunno, I just remember remarking to them when they first opened that I knew people across the country who would kill for some of their stuff and she said they were talking to Aus Post about how to send fresh food interstate, so I guess it can be done if you are a business They've always done mail order on the more usual foodstuffs, the fresh food is very recent.

Yeah I guess you could call me a born-again sausage eater I've got a stock of them in the fridge now, went for about 5 years here without eating them, only had them on my trips home. Really missed them too, I love them hot and cold. Sausage rolls have to be cold though, less keen on them hot
I'm glad you've found peace at last.
Changing tack, but only slightly, by far my favourite sausages are the French ones you can get at pretty much any supermarket or grocery store in France. On holiday there last year, I think we had saucisson every day. By the last day I was beginning to tire of them, which was a good thing, cos I sure as shit wouldn't be able to find anything like that here! I've had 'Toulouse style' sausages from ColesWorths, and to put it bluntly, they were utter utter shite...I do wonder how French people cope here, often
Old May 22nd 2011, 12:50 pm
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Now whilst I quite like a nice Lincolnshire or Cumberland sausage my personal fav are Aberdeen Angus Beef Sausages stick em on the barbie crack a tin and bobs yer uncle
Attached Images  
Old May 22nd 2011, 8:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

My woolies have "British style" cumberland sausages -pork- which I have bought. I refuse to eat beef ones as they taste awful. These are acceptable, which is the closest I think I'll get to tasting nice here. I don't eat many sausages any more.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.