Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Saddest thing about BE...

Saddest thing about BE...

Old Aug 1st 2009, 3:15 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of
Default Re: Saddest thing about BE...

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Forget the bickering about what is worse, the Uk or Australia. It's a personal thing.

The thing I find almost breathtaking, head-shakeningly sad is the fact that people who are negative or unhappy/ have a less than impressed view with their lot in a country....cannot believe that others may be happy in the same place..when they have a different life. It's possible, inevitable even...

and furthermore, this forms the basis of their view/argument.

Never ceases to amaze me...
Have to say Badge that there seems to be quite a bit of this approach lately- Its frustrating, as I, like many on here, used the site for info when we were at our most vulnerable. We knew we wanted to make the move and do it as best as we could and we tried to get as much info as we poss from the people here. Thank goodness that the BE gang had a more lighthearted and sensible approach then.
There is plenty of opportunity for laughs on jokes on here but I'm sure the site started with a view to helping people with the move and some posters on here do seem to have forgotten that.
With the posters that I find I can give my experiences to, I always try to give helpful advice and be tactful in my less positive opinions - something that seems to be lacking on the site lately. I do this because I know how it felt to be on the other side of the fence and if I can give someone some help that makes things a little less worrying and stressful for them, then I am happy- I just wish others would do the same.
Old Aug 1st 2009, 3:22 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by squeezzii
Have to say Badge that there seems to be quite a bit of this approach lately- Its frustrating, as I, like many on here, used the site for info when we were at our most vulnerable. We knew we wanted to make the move and do it as best as we could and we tried to get as much info as we poss from the people here. Thank goodness that the BE gang had a more lighthearted and sensible approach then.
There is plenty of opportunity for laughs on jokes on here but I'm sure the site started with a view to helping people with the move and some posters on here do seem to have forgotten that.
With the posters that I find I can give my experiences to, I always try to give helpful advice and be tactful in my less positive opinions - something that seems to be lacking on the site lately. I do this because I know how it felt to be on the other side of the fence and if I can give someone some help that makes things a little less worrying and stressful for them, then I am happy- I just wish others would do the same.

I agree with this. Sometimes I stop myself from posting as I neither want to appear to be too foreceful to others at a vulnerable time or the opposite; too measured and come across as wish-washy.

I think that sometimes posters use BE as a sounding board as they battle out their dilemmas themselves and other times they are not really looking for advice or opinion. There are always the posters who weigh in with their one-sided opinions, oh to be them and not to have to consider the complexity of problems that are often both rational and often deeply emotional.
Old Aug 1st 2009, 3:22 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

People should feel comfortable about giving their viewpoint as it is theirs, not anyone elses.

It's also OK for someone else to dissagree as they see it completely differently. That's also their viewpoint

OK, anyone else confused

Personally I know what I like, what I think and how it is for me so I don't care
Old Aug 1st 2009, 3:23 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
People should feel comfortable about giving their viewpoint as it is theirs, not anyone elses.

It's also OK for someone else to dissagree as they see it completely differently. That's also their viewpoint

OK, anyone else confused

Personally I know what I like, what I think and how it is for me so I don't care
Afternoon Sexy...
Old Aug 1st 2009, 3:24 am

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busterboy
I agree with this. Sometimes I stop myself from posting as I neither want to appear to be too foreceful to others at a vulnerable time or the opposite; to measured and come across as wish-washy.

I think that sometimes posters use BE as a sounding board as they battle out their dilemmas themselves and other times they are not really looking for advice or opinion. There are always the posters who weigh in with their one-sided opinions, oh to be them and not to have to consider the complexity of problems that are often both rational and often deeply emotional.

Will you stop being so sensible

It doesn't suit you sir
Old Aug 1st 2009, 3:25 am

Afternoon Sexy...
That's better

Howdy squirrelnuts
Old Aug 1st 2009, 3:27 am
A rather curious boy

Will you stop being so sensible

It doesn't suit you sir
Suit me Sir....hoho, tha brought back a memory or two.
Old Aug 1st 2009, 3:28 am
A rather curious boy

That's better

Howdy squirrelnuts
I knew it wouldn't last for long....

Happy as a woodchuck's chucks.

...back to thread.
Old Aug 1st 2009, 3:31 am

......tha brought back a memory or two.
Old Aug 1st 2009, 4:53 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

why cant I get a good old fashioned british pint/curry/chips,?<insert whatever>

Also peeps who cant understand why they arent held as gods by neighbours/work mates/social circle and from reading their posts you just know they are the most argumentative d**kheads going.

phew
Old Aug 1st 2009, 5:08 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seang

Also peeps who cant understand why they arent held as gods by neighbours/work mates/social circle and from reading their posts you just know they are the most argumentative d**kheads going.

phew
What about "Back in the UK......"
Old Aug 1st 2009, 5:12 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
What about "Back in the UK......"
am sure they were like that back in the uk as well
Old Aug 1st 2009, 5:39 am
A rather curious boy

phew
oh go on, get off that fence...
Old Aug 1st 2009, 5:40 am
A rather curious boy

ho ho
Old Aug 1st 2009, 5:40 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder how many of those that are lucky enough to go home actually start annoying people back there by saying "When I was in Australia........."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.