Running Club

Old Sep 20th 2007, 4:59 pm
Registered madwife!

itsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really nice
Default Re: Running Club

Eagle,

We were in Melbourne in April (flew out day after FLM - but that's another story!) I too was impressed with the number of people up and active so early in the morning. I went for a run along the River at 6.30 on a Sunday. I was a bit nervous at the thought of being in a city so early on my own but soon discovered the place was thronged on with running clubs, power walkers, rowing clubs etc. I can understand that it may be too hot to run later in the day but this was in autumn so not a problem.

I've researched running clubs on the net in the area we want to settle and there are loads. I'm not competitive but would love some peeps to run with. Will you be joining a club?

Can anyone else on here recommend a club on the mornington peninsular?

Last edited by itsjulie; Sep 20th 2007 at 5:03 pm.
Old Sep 20th 2007, 10:54 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

is anyone else signed up for a run this Sunday in Sydney?
i'm really in two minds as to run or not
just had 3 days of a gastro bug and still haven't yet found my feet
i don't want to push myself and end up worse off for it, but then this will be my one and only shot at running the bridge... what should i do?
Old Sep 21st 2007, 10:04 am
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gedge
is anyone else signed up for a run this Sunday in Sydney?
i'm really in two minds as to run or not
just had 3 days of a gastro bug and still haven't yet found my feet
i don't want to push myself and end up worse off for it, but then this will be my one and only shot at running the bridge... what should i do?
Could just take it easy???
Old Sep 21st 2007, 11:54 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by medwaymark
Nah, go for it Gedge, you'll be right.....
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 5:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Just got back from the cinema. Watched Run Fat Boy, Run (thought it was going to be about me ). Really funny film....would recommend
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 11:00 pm

yeah i guess i did take it easy at 2hours 20mins... never ever again ok
if anyone hears me talk about another one, please just remind me of the pain in my left knee for the final 5ks
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 11:11 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah i guess i did take it easy at 2hours 20mins... never ever again ok
if anyone hears me talk about another one, please just remind me of the pain in my left knee for the final 5ks
Sounds like my sort of time ...

Oh dear.... what was the distance?

Hope you're recovering.
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by iPom
Sounds like my sort of time ...

Oh dear.... what was the distance?

Hope you're recovering.
thanks, i reckon i'd of been alright if it weren't for the knee
i'm not used to the high impact, as i do almost all my training in the bush (whoop whoop, fnarr fnarr)
it was a fantastic run when all is said and done, 21 reasonably flat ks, great route, but never again
i'm not feeling too bad at all today, i'm wondering when it will catch up with me
Old Sep 24th 2007, 7:35 am
BE Forum Addict

i'm not used to the high impact, as i do almost all my training in the bush (whoop whoop, fnarr fnarr)
it was a fantastic run when all is said and done, 21 reasonably flat ks, great route, but never again
i'm not feeling too bad at all today, i'm wondering when it will catch up with me
Blimey...21k...not much then

Well done for doing it.... I bought one of those knee support things when I was having bother which seemed to help.

Did you run over the bridge?
Old Sep 24th 2007, 10:20 am
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

thats not a bad time at least you completed it, well done
when i done my 1/2 thought i was fine until i walked down stairs the 2days later, my thighs killed
Old Sep 24th 2007, 10:52 pm

Blimey...21k...not much then

Well done for doing it.... I bought one of those knee support things when I was having bother which seemed to help.

Did you run over the bridge?
maybe i should have a look for one, my knees have never been a problem before
yep it was over the bridge, that was one of my big incentives for doing this one
my OH took a piccie of me doing a star jump in the middle of the bridge - that was when the enthusiasm hadn't worn off
Old Sep 24th 2007, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by want2bthere
thats not a bad time at least you completed it, well done
when i done my 1/2 thought i was fine until i walked down stairs the 2days later, my thighs killed
thanks, i was hoping for closer to the 2 hour mark as my usual lunch time training runs are 10ks in an hour descending and ascending a really steep trail

i ended up having to walk probably 4ks on and off at the end with a sore knee which probably accounts for the extra 20 mins
i would say maybe next time, but then there isn't going to be a next time :shakeshead:
Old Sep 25th 2007, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

maybe i should have a look for one, my knees have never been a problem before
yep it was over the bridge, that was one of my big incentives for doing this one
my OH took a piccie of me doing a star jump in the middle of the bridge - that was when the enthusiasm hadn't worn off
I noticed a difference when I used one. Wouldn't hurt to try it.

I'd love to run over the bridge.

Well done
Old Sep 27th 2007, 2:32 pm
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

I'm gutted. I went for a run at lunchtime - just half an hour or so, along the river to the wobbly bridge, then over and back along the other side. Really enjoyed it too. But just as I got back to the office I realised I'd lost my iPod out of my pocket. I was well gutted, so ran the whole bloody thing again to see if I could find it - bit of a long shot I know - and I couldn't.

So I guess I'll have to buy one of the new ones. And a new running gadget thing. And now I'm really knackered too cos ran twice as far as planned!

Old Sep 27th 2007, 2:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
I'm gutted. I went for a run at lunchtime - just half an hour or so, along the river to the wobbly bridge, then over and back along the other side. Really enjoyed it too. But just as I got back to the office I realised I'd lost my iPod out of my pocket. I was well gutted, so ran the whole bloody thing again to see if I could find it - bit of a long shot I know - and I couldn't.

So I guess I'll have to buy one of the new ones. And a new running gadget thing. And now I'm really knackered too cos ran twice as far as planned!

Bl00dy hell Emma...what a pain in the butt!

Well done for running it twice!

You should talk to iPom because between you you have two halves of the kit and you should be able to make a whole one between you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.