Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Running Buffets - Britain or Australia???

View Poll Results: Where did your butt blossom?????
Bouncy Pork Pies & Pickles with everything Blighty?
53.85%
All lettuce leaves with charrdy Australia?
23.08%
Always been a lardy a*se?
23.08%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Running Buffets - Britain or Australia???

Old Jan 2nd 2006, 10:44 am
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Running Buffets - Britain or Australia???

Originally Posted by Margaret2
I'm quite convinced if I join alcoholic anonymous the weight will just drop off me, it's also cheaper than joining weight watchers

You have such a good point there.

Never mind the dieters for oz thread. Lets start a "daft tw*ts with addictive personalities" one instead. That way we can cover all the vices in one go. I got a list that long i'll bore the pants off ya
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Linda Lushardi
I am sure you will meet the right people. I am like you also. Moved 5 times in 5 years in 3 countries and yes, its hard to develop a bond. It takes time to really find people that suit you. Often with expats people make the mistake of striking up friendships with people they really shouldnt, but that common thread of being in a new country draws them together. Granted it serves a purpose and having someone around who knows how you feel helps in the short term, but for long standing deep freindships you need more than that.
We don't get many Ex-Pats where we are as there is no sea so luckily I am able to make local friends, the downside is that it isn't as immediate. I am happy here and have settled very well, it is far easier than in Belgium where although I made loads of friends there are only a couple that I can honestly say that I expect to keep in touch with.

I'm quite convinced if I join alcoholic anonymous the weight will just drop off me, it's also cheaper than joining weight watchers

I must admit that the beer does cause as many weight problems for me as the chocolate
Nicky
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 10:45 am

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Linda Lushardi
You have such a good point there.

Never mind the dieters for oz thread. Lets start a "daft tw*ts with addictive personalities" one instead. That way we can cover all the vices in one go. I got a list that long i'll bore the pants off ya

PMSL
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 12:10 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by merlotsmum
Completely understand as experienced this too

People don't realise how hard it can be just to get set up, harder more so if you look after the kids/home and maybe don't work. Even when you get to meet others it takes time to build up relationships or find people that you can relate too.

It will get better
B - i need to speak to you - are you still online?? j
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 2:37 pm

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Rooksie

Why do you want to speak to her, sorry couldn't resist, I'm a nosey bugger
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 5:29 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by merlotsmum
I have noticed that in my 18 months back my a*se has grown an extension, why I hear you ask, the great British Running Buffet.

Is it just me or are they deep fried in fat and surrounded in pastry, the one from the "NYE do" last night, it was hard to find something that resembles salad . . . though they did a good range of cucumber mini pies I remember the days of salads and BBQ's in Ozzie.

So come on, those that have experienced both countries over the festive period

WHERE DID YOU GET YOUR LARDIEST A*SE FROM????
Having a child and 6 months maternity leave did it to me. And the little bugger is paying for it
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 8:00 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NickyP
I have always found it difficult to get on with women who live their lives based around fashion, hair and makeup. I do usually find a couple of friends who are on a similar wavelength to me whenever we move but then we move off again so it gets a bit tiring. I am really looking forward to having that friendship circle again and am sooo glad that this isn't a temporary move for a change.
Nicky

hmm...me 3.
bit of mascara, jeans, trainers and jacket are all that i need when it comes to make up/fashion .... lol ...
oh, that and chocolate
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 9:47 pm
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light

I have always found it difficult to get on with women who live their lives based around fashion, hair and makeup. I do usually find a couple of friends who are on a similar wavelength to me whenever we move but then we move off again so it gets a bit tiring. I am really looking forward to having that friendship circle again and am sooo glad that this isn't a temporary move for a change.
Nicky

Dont get me wrong. I am very feminine. Rarely ever wear trousers, love wearing makeup if i am going out somewhere nice, if something thats considered fashionable actually suits me i buy it, but i just dont feel the need to discuss it, and will never be a fashion victim!

I'd like to meet someone who loves to laugh at life, talk about current issues of the day and has compassion for others. I'm just not into tearing other people to shreds because they are not like me. Not a tall order really.
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

I am sitting here eating the remaining chocolate covered sultanas Do these count towards my 5 portions of fruit and veg for the day ?
Nicky
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 4:12 pm

I'm finding it quite difficult to look feminine as I look like the back end of a bus just now
Old Jan 4th 2006, 2:33 pm

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rooksie
Send you an e-mail
Old Jan 4th 2006, 2:34 pm

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point

I am sitting here eating the remaining chocolate covered sultanas Do these count towards my 5 portions of fruit and veg for the day ?
Nicky
I guess it kind of does