Rubbish collections

Old May 22nd 2006, 5:55 am
Coventry to Caloundra....

joeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rubbish collections

Originally Posted by Teliko21
We have 3 wheelie bins, 1 for rubbish, 1 for recycling and 1 for greenwaste.

Rubbish is collected every week (obviously) and then green waste and recycling are collected alternate weeks. The truck just comes down the street, picks em up, dumps em out and puts em back down again, the garbos don't have to get out
yep 3 bins as above - we also have a recycling 'market' where you can get... well goods recycled by the garbos.

Last edited by joeyballantyne; May 22nd 2006 at 6:08 am.
Old May 22nd 2006, 6:04 am
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold

I'm in Hillarys, Perth and we only have one bin (a general green wheelie), I haven't seen any recycling bins at all round here. After having 3 bins in the UK I feel a bit guilty chucking it all in together .
Tracey
Old May 22nd 2006, 6:11 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Johnstons
I'm in Hillarys, Perth and we only have one bin (a general green wheelie), I haven't seen any recycling bins at all round here. After having 3 bins in the UK I feel a bit guilty chucking it all in together .
Tracey
Tracey

you'll have to contact your local council and ask for a recylce bin, i think it costs about $35 per year or else they will leave you a recycle bag, try putting your recycling out next to your bin in a normal bag, they usually take it and leave you a recycle bag, or else ask the guy who drives the recycling truck for one. The only reason you wont have one is because the people in the house before you never bothered.

Lynn
Old May 22nd 2006, 6:20 am
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by movetoperth
Tracey

you'll have to contact your local council and ask for a recylce bin, i think it costs about $35 per year or else they will leave you a recycle bag, try putting your recycling out next to your bin in a normal bag, they usually take it and leave you a recycle bag, or else ask the guy who drives the recycling truck for one. The only reason you wont have one is because the people in the house before you never bothered.

Lynn
Thanks for that Lynn , I'll give them a call.
Tracey
Old May 22nd 2006, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
I have been wondering how rubbish is collected in oz especially in the rural area's . Do they have wheely bins like the UK?
Do they have recycle stations?
Mandy

Mandy in Melbourne you get two wheely bins one for rubbish one for recycling stuff, dead easy!
Where you heading?
Old May 22nd 2006, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Mandy in Melbourne you get two wheely bins one for rubbish one for recycling stuff, dead easy!
Where you heading?
Depends on your council, sometimes you get 3
Old May 24th 2006, 8:39 am
Just Joined

xgkick is an unknown quantity at this point

I live in a big apartment complex in Brissie and all our rubbish goes straight into those huge skips, there's no recycling ones.

I'm wondering if there's anywhere I can take all my recycleable stuff? I haven't seen anywhere at the supermarkets like in the UK
Old May 26th 2006, 10:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you everyone for the information on bin collections.
this had reasured me that some things are similar to the uk.
Mandy
Old May 26th 2006, 10:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Where you heading?

Not sure yet where we are headed but we are having a visit in Oct flying to Melbourne and then going to the borders of NSW and Vic
Mandy