Romantic meal?

Old Dec 26th 2009, 5:56 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Romantic meal?

As the beginning of a last ditch attempt to rescue my failing 10 year relationship, I have planned a night for my wife coming home from NSW, we didn't spend Xmas together..... I am hoping to set a good mood for some dialogue.
I plan to open with a bottle of Cremante D'Alsace (we had this at our wedding in France) followed by a starter of Tomato and Bocconcini with a Basil and Balsamic reduction. Onto my lasagne (wife's fave) with a Tapestry Cab Sav.
If we have any room I have made some mini pavlovas. I have picked a menu I can largely pre-prepare in order to devote my attention to my wife.

Ladies, any comments or tips to help me out and give it my best shot? I realise it is quite sad to open up myself on a public forum such as this, but after a few days of genuine soul searching, I realise I am not quite ready to give her up....
Old Dec 26th 2009, 5:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Romantic meal?

Originally Posted by kporte
As the beginning of a last ditch attempt to rescue my failing 10 year relationship, I have planned a night for my wife coming home from NSW, we didn't spend Xmas together..... I am hoping to set a good mood for some dialogue.
I plan to open with a bottle of Cremante D'Alsace (we had this at our wedding in France) followed by a starter of Tomato and Bocconcini with a Basil and Balsamic reduction. Onto my lasagne (wife's fave) with a Tapestry Cab Sav.
If we have any room I have made some mini pavlovas. I have picked a menu I can largely pre-prepare in order to devote my attention to my wife.

Ladies, any comments or tips to help me out and give it my best shot? I realise it is quite sad to open up myself on a public forum such as this, but after a few days of genuine soul searching, I realise I am not quite ready to give her up....
Mini pavlovas would melt my heart
Old Dec 26th 2009, 6:02 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Crumbly on the outside and gooey in the middle. I only got them right on my 3rd attempt, couldn't get gooey......
Old Dec 26th 2009, 6:08 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Put some fresh flowers on the table,play some nice romantic music,shave and put on some nice aftershave.Pay her a few compliments.The food sounds lovely and simple.And finally look in to her eyes,hold her hand and
tell her what you have just said in your last sentence.
Old Dec 26th 2009, 6:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishbloo
Put some fresh flowers on the table,play some nice romantic music,shave and put on some nice aftershave.Pay her a few compliments.The food sounds lovely and simple.And finally look in to her eyes,hold her hand and
Yes I would say be sincere
Old Dec 26th 2009, 6:15 am
Account Closed

Thank you. Am showered and shaved as we speak and wearing her favourite man scent. Bollocks! Forgot the flowers, too late for that now, everything's shut
Old Dec 26th 2009, 6:17 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Go pick something from the garden even some greenery.dont forget some candles or even tea lights in a jar.
Old Dec 26th 2009, 6:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
dust the plate with some icing sugar and put a sprig of mint on top.you will get brownie points for presentation
Old Dec 26th 2009, 6:24 am
Account Closed

Go pick something from the garden even some greenery.dont forget some candles or even tea lights in a jar.
Candles! Good call!
Old Dec 26th 2009, 6:25 am
Account Closed

dust the plate with some icing sugar and put a sprig of mint on top.you will get brownie points for presentation
Can I use flour, no icing sugar? How about Cocoa?
Old Dec 26th 2009, 6:25 am
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a bloke, and Irishbloo is right just tell her the truth and how you feel.

Best of luck
Old Dec 26th 2009, 6:30 am
BE Forum Addict

use the cocoa sparingly on the edge of the plate.If you have some sauce get a teaspoon and put about 5 little blobs on the plate.then get a tootpick and drag it through the middle of the first blob and all the way through the other blobs.you should then end up with five mini hearts.if you mess up just use another plate.
Old Dec 26th 2009, 6:33 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, cocoa. Just dust it really fine.

And as the others have said, be honest. Tell her that you love her, that you want her back. Be sincere but not mushy.

Good luck, K. Hope it all works out.
Old Dec 26th 2009, 6:34 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Yes, cocoa. Just dust it really fine.

And as the others have said, be honest. Tell her that you love her, that you want her back. Be sincere but not mushy.

Good luck, K. Hope it all works out.
I took my wife out to a romantic restaurant for our anniversary this year.
The man on the front door asked if I had reservations.
I told him that the menu looked pricey and I'd probably have to go without the starter and sweet but, apart from that, it looked decent enough to me.
Old Dec 26th 2009, 6:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Your whitty sense of humour should help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.