British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Robbing Bas----s ? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/robbing-bas-s-523307/)

PaddyHaHa Mar 20th 2008 11:55 pm

Robbing Bas----s ?

;)WE just arranged for a hip tonight and was told it will cost in the regoin of £350 - £400. As a Tradesman i know my house is in very good nick ( we have spent enough). has anybody got any experience they might share.;)

Vim Fuego Mar 21st 2008 12:00 am

Re: Robbing Bas----s ?

Originally Posted by PaddyHaHa (Post 6091317)
;)WE just arranged for a hip tonight and was told it will cost in the regoin of £350 - £400. As a Tradesman i know my house is in very good nick ( we have spent enough). has anybody got any experience they might share.;)

Sounds reasonable ... probably cheaper than a knee?

Hey, you ideally could do with two so go for it!

JPSUPERHOOPER Mar 21st 2008 12:04 am

Originally Posted by PaddyHaHa (Post 6091317)

where do you live and what sort of property have you got?
got mine for £249 plus vat

PaddyHaHa Mar 21st 2008 12:06 am

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego (Post 6091340)
Sounds reasonable ... probably cheaper than a knee?

Hey, you ideally could do with two so go for it!

work in hospital can get it on the cheap!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahah;)

PaddyHaHa Mar 21st 2008 12:09 am

Originally Posted by JPSUPERHOOPER (Post 6091352)
where do you live and what sort of property have you got?
got mine for £249 plus vat

south coast 3 bed semi, doesnt really matter as i just get really f--k-d off paying tax after tax to support non tax payers (don't we all)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

wardy2 Mar 21st 2008 1:05 am

Just filled all my forms in for it, biggest waste of time ever I hope you have all the certificates if you had any work done on your house after a certain date, because it asks for them.

You also need to fill in all the details for all your utility providers bloody everything, I would like to know how come its always the wife who has to fill all the forms in :lol:

mark 'n' joe Mar 21st 2008 6:36 am

Yep, ours is going to cost £305 + vat if we pay up front. Apparently £100 goes to the company and the rest goes to the government. Robbing barstewards:frown:

Joex

Icarus Mar 21st 2008 6:52 am

yep , around £300 ... guy was here 2 hours , in the loft , outside , all over . meauring floor plan .

damn house is only 8 years old (see my classifieds) .

stuff all you can do tho , as per usual

Nickie Mar 21st 2008 11:42 am

We are in south east and got a quote from solicitor for about £250. eastate agents quoted £360ish.

nickie

>Trigger< Mar 21st 2008 11:45 am

Gotta ask...what's hip,I've been away a while!

Gjn200 Mar 21st 2008 11:57 am

Originally Posted by >Trigger< (Post 6092807)
Gotta ask...what's hip,I've been away a while!

Dunno, hugely inflated penis?

WE just arranged for a hip tonight and was told it will cost in the regoin of £350 - £400

Nickie Mar 21st 2008 1:02 pm

HIP is something the government have brought in when you sell a 3 bed or above house...they check that the rooms are insulated, boiler, lights etc its an efficiancy check. Plus a local search so you arent supposed to have to have a search done, check drains etc. and a copy of the title deeds.

You then give it to your estate agent so that its available for prospective buyers to see.

Home Information Pack.

its all crap and another way to make money for the government if you ask me. :thumbdown:

Nickie

>Trigger< Mar 21st 2008 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by Nickie And Kev (Post 6093003)
HIP is something the government have brought in when you sell a 3 bed or above house...they check that the rooms are insulated, boiler, lights etc its an efficiancy check. Plus a local search so you arent supposed to have to have a search done, check drains etc. and a copy of the title deeds.

You then give it to your estate agent so that its available for prospective buyers to see.

Home Information Pack.

its all crap and another way to make money for the government if you ask me. :thumbdown:

Nickie

Thanks....Got the picture...so you now have to pay for all that crap that you used to leave in the kitchen drawer...

hereshoping Mar 21st 2008 1:44 pm

We got ours for about £250 from an online company.

No viewer has ever wanted to see it, might make it quicker to get to exchange of contracts though.

Nickie Mar 22nd 2008 10:14 am

Apparantly the viewers have no legal right to view it but you have a legal obligation to provide it. :thumbdown:

We had one estate agent come round and say that they were thinking of charging people £25 to look at it. If someone put an offer on a house they could see it for free but if someone just wanted to have a look (time wasters i think) then they would be charged.

Nickie