British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   RIP dad (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/rip-dad-739435/)

Family of 3 Nov 19th 2011 11:38 pm

Re: RIP dad

So sorry to hear that, Caroline.

irishbloo Nov 20th 2011 12:06 am

I am so sad and sorry to hear that Caroline.He is now at peace and his suffering and pain is over.Take comfort in that you did as much as you could have done being so far from home.You have all your lovely memories of him.You can now go home and say your final goodbyes and you and your sister can be there for each other.Take care of yourself.x

northernbird Nov 20th 2011 1:23 am

Originally Posted by carolinephillips (Post 9742728)
My dad has just died following a battle with cancer.
Sleep in peace.:(

RIP, my thoughts are with you and your family at this time.

Dorothy Nov 20th 2011 1:57 am

Originally Posted by Seasider (Post 9743169)
Don't hide your grief, Caroline. Not only for yourself, but for your daughter - she's old enough to understand the cycle of life, that it's OK to be sad, and would probably welcome a big hug, both to give and receive.

I'll second that. Share your grief with your family. Let your daughter see that it's ok to feel sad and that it's ok to cry. If you hide your pain away from the people who love you how will they help you and how can you help them?

eddie007 Nov 20th 2011 2:07 am

Oh mate... Such mixed feelings for you, so sorry that he has gone, but glad that his suffering and your vigil is now over. Nothing can prepare you for the inevitable no matter how "expected" it was... its a devastating thing loosing your dad that you loved so much..

You are so lucky to be able to have wonderful memories, many of them unsullied by his awful disease... And blessed to be able to remember him as he was and not wholly as he became at the end...

My Thoughts and prayers are with you all mate...

Bermudashorts Nov 20th 2011 2:19 am

May he RIP.

It is 3 years to the day since my dad lost his own cancer battle. I know that he was at peace and glad to go at the end.

Thinking of you.

Nice Guy Nov 20th 2011 2:24 am

RIP dad

I have no idea who you are but my thoughts and sympathies are with you and your family at this sad and dreadful time.

Be strong.

NG

carolinephillips Nov 20th 2011 3:28 am

Thank you everyone - my nice neighbour came round with some flowers and kept me company for a few hours.She has offered to look after my garden and the post while I'm away:starsmile:

Apparently my dad died with a moustache - too painful to shave his top lip. My OH has a MO for Movember too. Gents please get yourselves checked and don't go through this horrible illness.

My thoughts are with all those who are affected by this.

northernbird Nov 20th 2011 3:30 am

Originally Posted by carolinephillips (Post 9743418)
Thank you everyone - my nice neighbour came round with some flowers and kept me company for a few hours.She has offered to look after my garden and the post while I'm away:starsmile:

Apparently my dad died with a moustache - too painful to shave his top lip. My OH has a MO for Movember too. Gents please get yourselves checked and don't go through this horrible illness.

My thoughts are with all those who are affected by this.

Cancer truly is a horrific thing, my Mum has been gone 16 years now and still this disease is blighting the lives of many people.

LINZI Nov 20th 2011 4:04 am

Sorry to hear about your dad carolinephillips :(

paulry Nov 20th 2011 4:21 am

:( Sorry for you loss Caroline

{Hugs}

quoll Nov 20th 2011 6:44 am

Oh Caroline, I am so sorry for your loss {{{hugs}}}

sheene Nov 20th 2011 7:06 am

There will be another star in the sky tonight, many sympathies.

Alfresco Nov 20th 2011 7:32 am

May he rest in peace.

carolinephillips Nov 20th 2011 7:40 am

Apparently even the nurses were crying - despite him stealing their tea and cake, and the odd patient! He'd been there since August. My sister is going to go in with a big basket of goodies to replace all the ones he took.