Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The right and the wrong....

Wikiposts

The right and the wrong....

Old Feb 16th 2007, 9:56 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The right and the wrong....

Originally Posted by CasG
So, another thread has been locked because of the way that someone posted, and others reactions to that post.

As Sue said, people need to know the good and the bad of places that they are emigrating too...or places that they are considering.

But

A. There is no reason to be rude or self-righteous

B. It is only personal opinion.

No country is perfect - but what may be 'wrong' for one person, may be 'right' for another ....and I think there is too many post which try to lay things down too black and white...and so giving possibly 'false' information.

Give people the chance to make their own minds up without ramming things down their throats.

I've been here for a good while now...and have seen some pretty nasty comments made ... we are here to help one another....not to just moan and bite back.

Lets make these informative/opinion posts educational and enlightening eh?

Sorry if you think I'm moaning () but just get pissed off with all the nastiness.

What did you say? I fell asleep half way through
Old Feb 16th 2007, 10:05 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
What did you say? I fell asleep half way through

Something about ramming things down their throats.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 11:03 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
ooooooo looks like i missed all the fun
me too
Old Feb 16th 2007, 11:06 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by seang
Something about ramming things down their throats.
You got that far in it?
Old Feb 16th 2007, 11:07 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
You got that far in it?
As it was Casg I was holding out hope. Was deeply disappointed
Old Feb 16th 2007, 11:10 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

As it was Casg I was holding out hope. Was deeply disappointed
And what do you mean by that Sean?

Last edited by CasG; Feb 16th 2007 at 11:12 am.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 11:11 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

nanana Seans in trouble now.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 11:14 am
small steps long journey

And what do you mean than that Sean?

bit of violence

<kidding>
Old Feb 16th 2007, 11:15 am
small steps long journey

Originally Posted by Bordy
nanana Seans in trouble now.
Yeah looks that way. Ah well couldnt happen to a nicer guy
Old Feb 16th 2007, 11:17 am
Account Closed

bit of violence

<kidding>
I'm as soft/caring as they come - hence the thread.

Shall we get back on topic ?

Sorry to disappoint.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 11:17 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

So, another thread has been locked because of the way that someone posted, and others reactions to that post.

As Sue said, people need to know the good and the bad of places that they are emigrating too...or places that they are considering.

But

A. There is no reason to be rude or self-righteous

B. It is only personal opinion.

No country is perfect - but what may be 'wrong' for one person, may be 'right' for another ....and I think there is too many post which try to lay things down too black and white...and so giving possibly 'false' information.

Give people the chance to make their own minds up without ramming things down their throats.

I've been here for a good while now...and have seen some pretty nasty comments made ... we are here to help one another....not to just moan and bite back.

Lets make these informative/opinion posts educational and enlightening eh?

Sorry if you think I'm moaning () but just get pissed off with all the nastiness.
Fair points generally (i.e. treat others as you'd want to be treated) but if Post Number 1 is designed as a wind-up full of insults then all bets are off and the OP deserves all they get.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 11:19 am
small steps long journey

I'm as soft/caring as they come - hence the thread.

Shall we get back on topic ?

Sorry to disappoint.
yes. lets.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 11:20 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
Fair points generally (i.e. treat others as you'd want to be treated) but if Post Number 1 is designed as a wind-up full of insults then all bets are off and the OP deserves all they get.
So you realised which thread I was referring to?

But also talking generally....fair bit of bitchiness around recently.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 11:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

There was a bloke complaining to Sue about pack hunting on the MTBUK forum.

Bizarre, the biggest insults, anger and hatred come from them anyhow. They just can't see it - it baffles me.

Agree with Cas and Wendy, I don't care that people don't like Australia but I don't like to be told I can't like it here too, especially when I hold all the cards and they're losing the game.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 11:23 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
There was a bloke complaining to Sue about pack hunting on the MTBUK forum.

Bizarre, the biggest insults, anger and hatred come from them anyhow. They just can't see it - it baffles me.

Agree with Cas and Wendy, I don't care that people don't like Australia but I don't like to be told I can't like it here too, especially when I hold all the cards and they're losing the game.
This is exactly how I feel too. I have been called a dull and boring *****wit in the past because I actually enjoy my life here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.