Reload this Page >

The right and the wrong....

Wikiposts

The right and the wrong....

Old Feb 16th 2007, 12:05 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The right and the wrong....

So, another thread has been locked because of the way that someone posted, and others reactions to that post.

As Sue said, people need to know the good and the bad of places that they are emigrating too...or places that they are considering.

But

A. There is no reason to be rude or self-righteous

B. It is only personal opinion.

No country is perfect - but what may be 'wrong' for one person, may be 'right' for another ....and I think there is too many post which try to lay things down too black and white...and so giving possibly 'false' information.

Give people the chance to make their own minds up without ramming things down their throats.

I've been here for a good while now...and have seen some pretty nasty comments made ... we are here to help one another....not to just moan and bite back.

Lets make these informative/opinion posts educational and enlightening eh?

Sorry if you think I'm moaning () but just get pissed off with all the nastiness.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 12:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The right and the wrong....

Originally Posted by CasG
So, another thread has been locked because of the way that someone posted, and others reactions to that post.

As Sue said, people need to know the good and the bad of places that they are emigrating too...or places that they are considering.

But

No country is perfect - but what may be 'wrong' for one person, may be 'right' for another ....and I think there is too many post which try to lay things down too black and white...and so giving possibly 'false' information.

Give people the chance to make their own minds up without ramming things down their throats.

I've been here for a good while now...and have seen some pretty nasty comments made ... we are here to help one another....not to just moan and bite back.

Sorry if you think I'm moaning () but just get pissed off with all the nastiness.
Totally agree with you mate.

I have every sympathy for people that aren't settled here for whatever reason, but I do take exception in being called a 'Moron" or an 'Uneducated Hooligan' just because I actually like my life here.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 12:56 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Totally agree with you mate.

I have every sympathy for people that aren't settled here for whatever reason, but I do take exception in being called a 'Moron" or an 'Uneducated Hooligan' just because I actually like my life here.
well after my performance yesterday ,i know know what its like to say the wrong thing weather they are your thoughts or not..

optimism and negativity always seem to pop up on here,but as i was told yesterday,i would recommend just turning to another channel..and at the end of the day ...........who gives a sihte,i quite like my rose tinted spectacles.....

they match my rose tinted budgy smugglers...
Old Feb 16th 2007, 1:00 am
Account Closed

sassycat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aston man
well after my performance yesterday ,i know know what its like to say the wrong thing weather they are your thoughts or not..

optimism and negativity always seem to pop up on here,but as i was told yesterday,i would recommend just turning to another channel..and at the end of the day ...........who gives a sihte,i quite like my rose tinted spectacles.....

they match my rose tinted budgy smuggler...
Really and truly, at the end of the day, does it matter what other people think of your views?

Not really - they are not important to you or your family - what is important is your happiness and thats the end of it.

Marcus for goodness sake you are an amazing funny guy who wants the best for your family - tell them to F off

FFS life is too short - go take Australia by the short and curlies - enjoy - dont enjoy. Does it matter - not really. What does matter is you and yours are happy and healthy.

You tried it - it either works or it doesnt but at least you can say you gave it a go

Sass

xxxxxxxxxxx
Old Feb 16th 2007, 1:00 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by aston man

they match my rose tinted budgy smuggler...
It's good to share your experiences...whether they are optimistic or negative ...but like I said...they are just your personal views and/or experiences.

One point I was making was that those posts should not be insulting personally...and neither should the replies.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 1:05 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

It's good to share your experiences...whether they are optimistic or negative ...but like I said...they are just your personal views and/or experiences.

One point I was making was that those posts should not be insulting personally...and neither should the replies.
Spot on, I think some karma is coming your way
Old Feb 16th 2007, 1:07 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

yes cas i agree,its all to easy to upset someone on here and ,yesterday i was not happy that i upset another member,to be honest i wont do it again you are right there is no excuse for insulting someone just because you dont agree with what they say.

aint life great..

aston
Old Feb 16th 2007, 1:12 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

We get an ebb and flow of positive and negative threads and I think in the main they are accepted for what they are.....a personal reaction to a set of events.

We share the joy or empathise with the sorrow and sometimes we absorb what the individual considers useful information for their own future.

However, if you want a respectful response or sympathetic ear from an impersonal media you don't fling insults to all and sundry.

The poster was on a hiding to nothing of his own making.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 1:19 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
However, if you want a respectful response or sympathetic ear from an impersonal media you don't fling insults to all and sundry.
Good point.

I can see I am in danger of running out of karma today
Old Feb 16th 2007, 1:20 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bix
We get an ebb and flow of positive and negative threads and I think in the main they are accepted for what they are.....a personal reaction to a set of events.

We share the joy or empathise with the sorrow and sometimes we absorb what the individual considers useful information for their own future.

The poster was on a hiding to nothing of his own making.
I couldn't have said that better myself....except in my first post
Old Feb 16th 2007, 1:22 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

I couldn't have said that better myself....except in my first post
But you're too eloquent for me to understand
Old Feb 16th 2007, 1:26 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

ooooooo looks like i missed all the fun
Old Feb 16th 2007, 1:30 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

But

Excellent post and I am guilty of all the things you talk about and have tried very hard (obviously not hard enough) to curb myself.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 1:52 am
Banned

chilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to all

But

spot on..
everything looks so personal on screen....... its so easy to offend

we would all be m8's in the pub..

ps i have no idea what went on..
Old Feb 16th 2007, 9:52 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Well said. Í would agree that people are entitled to their own opinion. No Country is the bee all and end all. What works for one doesn't necessarily work for others.

I know people here who love the place whereas I still struggle with the everyday living stuff. I have found a great help on this forum, not just from people with rose tinted specs but from REAL people who tell it like it is.

it's not wrong to dream but it's also not wrong to tell the truth (in their view).

OOpps rambling a bit! I'll get off now

Ginny

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.