Right or Wrong?

Old Jan 19th 2007, 9:34 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default Right or Wrong?

On the way to work the other day I was listening to a phone in.......................This woman was driving her car to work at about 8.30am.
She was in a busy suburb, and got pulled by the cops for speeding (something I am totally against!!!), anyway the cops issue her a speeding ticket and they then notice her Rego had run out MONTHS ago..........and cosequentlt impounded her car.
The woman said, 'ok she was speeding and ok her rego had run out.......these things happen'.
She then asked the cops to give her a lift to work..........of which they refused. She also happened to be pregnant.

I agree with the cops, she shouldnt have been speeding and she shouldnt let her rego run out, but loads of people I know disagree, and say they should have taken her to work...........

The cops arent a taxi service, and the area was pretty safe, lots of buses and close to the trains..............or then again she could have grabbed a cab to take her to work. Whats your opinion on this?
Old Jan 19th 2007, 9:43 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Right or Wrong?

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
On the way to work the other day I was listening to a phone in.......................This woman was driving her car to work at about 8.30am.
She was in a busy suburb, and got pulled by the cops for speeding (something I am totally against!!!), anyway the cops issue her a speeding ticket and they then notice her Rego had run out MONTHS ago..........and cosequentlt impounded her car.
The woman said, 'ok she was speeding and ok her rego had run out.......these things happen'.
She then asked the cops to give her a lift to work..........of which they refused. She also happened to be pregnant.

I agree with the cops, she shouldnt have been speeding and she shouldnt let her rego run out, but loads of people I know disagree, and say they should have taken her to work...........

The cops arent a taxi service, and the area was pretty safe, lots of buses and close to the trains..............or then again she could have grabbed a cab to take her to work. Whats your opinion on this?
I agree with you Sandra...the silly cow knew the risk she was taking not having any rego...and as for her speeding..dozy mare.

I think she had a cheek asking the cops to give her a lift to work TBH. Just because she's bloody pregnant! It's not as if she's got 1 bloody leg an can't walk to work FFS

....am now ducking for cover...
Old Jan 19th 2007, 9:51 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Was she on her mobile phone at the same time.

Had she stuck to the law, she wouldn't have been pulled up. Her own fault. Tough poo ! Serves her right. The police should have charged her with trying to waste police time as well. Now had she actually been in labour - that might be a different subject.
Old Jan 19th 2007, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by artep
I agree with you Sandra...the silly cow knew the risk she was taking not having any rego...and as for her speeding..dozy mare.

I think she had a cheek asking the cops to give her a lift to work TBH. Just because she's bloody pregnant! It's not as if she's got 1 bloody leg an can't walk to work FFS

....am now ducking for cover...
Definately agree...........she was 5 months preggers.I used to walk to work when I was 8 months gone!
Old Jan 19th 2007, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

samnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond repute

Definately agree...........she was 5 months preggers.I used to walk to work when I was 8 months gone!
At 5 months pregnant its not as if babys arrival was imminent, I was painting and decorating my new house right up until the day I had my baby. I think too many women treat being pregnant like an illness. Unless she had complications during her pregnancy the walk would have done her and the baby a world of good.
Old Jan 19th 2007, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by samnsam
At 5 months pregnant its not as if babys arrival was imminent, I was painting and decorating my new house right up until the day I had my baby. I think too many women treat being pregnant like an illness. Unless she had complications during her pregnancy the walk would have done her and the baby a world of good.
She should have watched her speed...............too many accidents on the road as it is!!! Seeing as she didnt have any rego, she probably wasnt insured either...................
Old Jan 19th 2007, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Tuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond repute

I doubt that the policemen would have been able to give her a lift anyway - I think they are bound by rules in regards to such things. If they were called to an emergency situation, they would have to respond. Having a civilian in the back of the car could be an issue, especially if they were involved in an accident or dangerous situation. Cheeky woman.
Old Jan 19th 2007, 10:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

What!!!

That is just disgusting. Do these people have any brains!!

'These things happen' my arse
Old Jan 19th 2007, 10:30 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
What!!!

That is just disgusting. Do these people have any brains!!

'These things happen' my arse
LOL @ Wendy - you watch too much Royal Family...
Old Jan 19th 2007, 10:30 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Nothing works better than playing a good *victim* with lots of emotional outbursts thrown in...

A politician on the news tonight was found to have taken a cheap loan to buy a house, whilst supposedly in public office.

He's now playing *victim* and said "so what's wrong with trying to get a cheap mortgage for one of your own kids, any parent would do it, I was being a good dad...a battler trying to see my kid right" <teary eyes thrown in for free>

Politicians are sneaky world over, indeed it's a prerequisite..but here they turn victim and working on people's emotions into an art form.

And people fall for it

Let her walk. She knew what she was playing at.

Last edited by phoenixinoz; Jan 19th 2007 at 10:33 am.
Old Jan 19th 2007, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

She shouldn't have been speeding or let the rego run out. Its her own fault and she shouldn't expect the police to act as a taxi service.
Old Jan 19th 2007, 11:22 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

so all of you have never ever driven over the speed limit. Gonna nick Wendys phrase and say my arse
Old Jan 19th 2007, 11:42 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by northernbird
so all of you have never ever driven over the speed limit. Gonna nick Wendys phrase and say my arse
I think it's the fact she asked and expected a lift by the coppers that people are pissed off about
Old Jan 19th 2007, 11:46 am
....is FAB

Originally Posted by northernbird
I'm not saying I've never been over the speed limit....but when you do, you should accept you have to suffer the consequences if you get caught.
Old Jan 19th 2007, 11:52 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by artep
I'm not saying I've never been over the speed limit....but when you do, you should accept you have to suffer the consequences if you get caught.
absolutely, she was a cheeky wench for asking for a lift.

As someone who has just received a fine and 1 demerit for speeding, I am certainly not holier than thou!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.