Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Right thats it I need a Break

Right thats it I need a Break

Old Sep 3rd 2009, 6:15 am
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Right thats it I need a Break

Hi

Right myself and the missus have been at this migration lark forever it seems but we are here now jobs are secure. House being built ,cars all sorted. Life is grinding back into normal
go to work -> pay bills
go to work -> pay bills
go to work -> pay bills
go to work -> pay bills
go to work -> pay bills

Anyway since we are now in Oz we would like to see the barrier reef whitsundays for about a week. Can anyone piont me in the direction of a good way to spend a week on the whitsundays or something in that vein.

The budgets around 2-4 Grand ....lower the better.

I dive , the wife likes sitting on the boat (max 2 dives).

I am assuming the weather is decent in Queensland in November and not too crowded...
Old Sep 4th 2009, 4:49 am

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Right thats it I need a Break

Ok I am bumping this ...Sorry but I need the ideas
Old Sep 4th 2009, 4:54 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zambia
Hi

Right myself and the missus have been at this migration lark forever it seems but we are here now jobs are secure. House being built ,cars all sorted. Life is grinding back into normal
go to work -> pay bills
go to work -> pay bills
go to work -> pay bills
go to work -> pay bills
go to work -> pay bills

Anyway since we are now in Oz we would like to see the barrier reef whitsundays for about a week. Can anyone piont me in the direction of a good way to spend a week on the whitsundays or something in that vein.

I am assuming the weather is decent in Queensland in November and not too crowded...
Reef World looks good!
Old Sep 4th 2009, 5:13 am
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Base yourself in Airlie beach and book what you want from there and dont be staring at the talent when the good lady wife is beside you.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 5:27 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

I stayed on long island, that was nice but much more expensive then staying on the main land.
Loads of dive charters you can book when you get there.

Old Sep 4th 2009, 5:35 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

go to work -> pay bills
go to work -> pay bills
go to work -> pay bills
go to work -> pay bills
go to work -> pay bills

One could always join Spiral Tribe, should the 'go to work - pay the bills' thing get a tad too much.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 5:47 am
Just Joined

MonandMike will become famous soon enough

I wasn't that impressed with the reef at the whitsundays. It was fairly broken up and looked pretty dead. Airlie is alright but it really is a bit backpacker. You'd probably be better off on one of the islands.

Does your wife snorkel? If so then I would really, really recommend Lady Elliot Island off Hervey Bay. Check the website http://www.ladyelliot.com.au/ (and yes it actually does look like the website pictures) We were there in late January and loved it. You can snorkel off the beach (saw loads of turtles, rays, reef sharks and loads of different fish), we saw turtles laying eggs each night and also saw turtles hatching. You may be a bit early for the hatching though in November.

It is an Eco resort though so maybe a week would be too much but you could comfortably enjoy 4 nights. I think there is a similar island off Gladstone, sorry I can't think of the name but I think it is run by 'Voyages' which is similar but a bit more upmarket so may be more comfortable for the week.

Hope you enjoy whatever you end up doing.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 6:37 am

This is brillant stuff cheers

No the wife does not snorkel she gets afraid of too many fish.

I like my work but it takes me away from the missus a lot so need to take time out occasionally , plus its embrassing when the most you see of Australia is the western ring road.

Anyone done Reef sleep it looks good actually?

Lady Elliot Looks great though , I dont know what a Eco resort is?

Whats the weather like in November?

Last edited by Zambia; Sep 4th 2009 at 6:40 am.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 6:52 am
Just Joined

MonandMike will become famous soon enough

Okay, I would have a look at Tripadvisor for the whitsunday islands to see which one does it for you or you could risk just getting to Airlie and organising it from there (there are plenty of agents along the main strip)

Worth considering that you may get a cheap deal to Fiji for about the same price as to one of the islands.

And Eco just meant basic rooms. Food was good and you can definately get alcohol!

Last edited by MonandMike; Sep 4th 2009 at 6:54 am.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
One could always join Spiral Tribe, should the 'go to work - pay the bills' thing get a tad too much.
Spiral tribe are they like westies ?
Old Sep 4th 2009, 7:13 am

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Spiral tribe are they like westies ?
Mmm sort of, they are a bunch of people who started a group of travellers in the 90's their motto being something like 'why work all your life, then retire and die' - they all had jobs and normal lives, chucked it all in and became freeloading druggie nomads, who listen to trance dance music all the time.

They are so big now, there are thousands of them. They have a website. They are so not for me, or you by the sounds of things, i was just having a laugh
Old Sep 4th 2009, 8:40 am
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute

Mmm sort of, they are a bunch of people who started a group of travellers in the 90's their motto being something like 'why work all your life, then retire and die' - they all had jobs and normal lives, chucked it all in and became freeloading druggie nomads, who listen to trance dance music all the time.
I'd be intersested to see if this is how they describe themselves
Old Sep 4th 2009, 9:43 am

They are so big now, there are thousands of them. They have a website. They are so not for me, or you by the sounds of things, i was just having a laugh
and these people are in queensland ....best I bring the firearm
Old Sep 4th 2009, 9:45 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Glaswegians I think they're called....
Old Sep 4th 2009, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by kporte
Glaswegians I think they're called....
Dream on teuchter....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.