Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Restrict internet access on Samsung tab ??

Restrict internet access on Samsung tab ??

Old May 6th 2014, 12:04 am
BE Enthusiast

muditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of light
Question Restrict internet access on Samsung tab ??

Hi,

I have an issue. My son is using Samsung galaxy tab3 and i want to restrict the duration he can use the internet on it. I mean allow him 1-2 hours / day only. This tab is only wifi and would like to know any good app or a way to restrict internet usage ?

I googled and couldn't find a good solution yet.

Thanks in advance for help.
Old May 6th 2014, 10:39 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Restrict internet access on Samsung tab ??

no idea really probably best to ask in the Lab.
however you could always just put the router on a timer
Old May 7th 2014, 1:43 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by muditha
Hi,

I have an issue. My son is using Samsung galaxy tab3 and i want to restrict the duration he can use the internet on it. I mean allow him 1-2 hours / day only. This tab is only wifi and would like to know any good app or a way to restrict internet usage ?

I googled and couldn't find a good solution yet.

Thanks in advance for help.
Just take the tablet off him when time is up.
Old May 7th 2014, 11:39 am
BE Enthusiast

muditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks
Old May 15th 2014, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

NigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond repute

Do a google on "can you limit time on a wifi connection", it comes up with many different ways, the most popular is that it's on the Advance settings of the router and you need to know the MAC Address of the phone that you are restricting.
Old May 16th 2014, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

galba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud of

I've just done this. I googled and found a youtube video on what to do. I didn't want set times but wanted to control access easily.

I bought a wifi booster (Netgear $69 Dick Smith) but you can set it up with it's own name (Kids' network) and password.

I've hidden the booster (looks like a big plug) in the laundry as the kids are never in there and I can come and go without risking its discovery!) I can switch it on and off without them knowing! I then made their devices 'forget' the main house wifi so that they couldn't access it anymore.

Had it working now for a month and it's brilliant!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN1z84qFNuA
Old May 25th 2014, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by galba
I've just done this. I googled and found a youtube video on what to do. I didn't want set times but wanted to control access easily.

I bought a wifi booster (Netgear $69 Dick Smith) but you can set it up with it's own name (Kids' network) and password.

I've hidden the booster (looks like a big plug) in the laundry as the kids are never in there and I can come and go without risking its discovery!) I can switch it on and off without them knowing! I then made their devices 'forget' the main house wifi so that they couldn't access it anymore.

Had it working now for a month and it's brilliant!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN1z84qFNuA
Wow. it's a good work. i should try it.

Thanks.