Reset

Old Mar 17th 2021, 2:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reset

Originally Posted by Dreamy
What's everyone else up to? Doing anything good this weekend?
Electric Mountain Biking. I bought one a month ago and I am totally addicted. I need to seek help for this addiction.
Old Mar 17th 2021, 6:39 am
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute

Go for it, Mr Abner. What would you like to talk about?
Anyone else finding the emerging-post-Covid "new normal" almost as aggravating as the lockdown phase?

E.g.:
  • Traffic isn't back to pre-Covid levels, but is certainly rebounding fast, and proportionally seems to contain more hoons, drunks, and other idiots than before.
  • I never know when to wear a mask anymore.
  • RE prices are spiking again, and underquoting seems even worse than before. I'm trying to counsel my eldest on her first purchase, and my head spins when I look at recent sale price results vs agent-quoted ranges for anything in her wheelhouse.
  • We've got a pile-up of deferred travel plans, both major and minor, and both family-oriented and vacation-oriented. The most important one (visiting aging parents overseas) remains virtually impossible and insanely expensive for now, but the seas might magically part after a few more months of vaccinations around the globe. Meanwhile a local jaunt would be therapeutic for both me and Mrs Abner, but would draw down leave allocations we can't afford to 'spend'.
All first-world problems, to be sure. But I had imagined / hoped / deluded myself that Covid's "beginning of the end" phase would be a little more orderly, a collective sigh of relief.

Last edited by abner; Mar 17th 2021 at 7:56 am.
Old Mar 17th 2021, 7:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

My thought on reading this - "Why are members discussing the sale of stolen goods ?"

Reset legal definition of reset (thefreedictionary.com)
Old Mar 17th 2021, 8:36 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I know, it's very remiss of me. I'll endeavour to get one response in a day on Messenger

Can I brag about my latest uni results? 98% for the entire biochemistry unit, jeez I'm good. Of course, I tell my dad and he says "what a shame you didn't apply yourself the same way 35 years ago".

I love my dad.
You clever clever girl. There's a reason why you're my friend.

Your dad is right.
Old Mar 18th 2021, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute

But in better news, my eldest threaded the needle recently, and very successfully in the end. But not without drama...

She got married.

The date had been a crisis point for some time, for obvious reasons. Originally it was 10/10/2020, which sounded cool before Covid turned up.

Then it was early Feb 2021, which looked good until there were "red zones" for Brisbanians and Sydneysiders, which looked like blocking most of the groom's family and friends from traveling to Melbourne at all.

Until the seas parted, and everyone was able to come after all.

***AND IT WAS GREAT!!!*** (proud papa opinion, to be sure, but you'll just have to trust me on that)

And then all the out of state guests had to leave Victoria in a panic, to avoid the "mini-lockdown".

But hey, it's done. And it was brilliant on the day, despite all the before and after crises.

Old Mar 30th 2021, 5:51 am
BE Enthusiast

So yeah, that worked. (Thanks for all your support in the attempt...)

And yet the dynamic duo are still interested in twerking each other, so to speak.

But also

Last edited by abner; Mar 30th 2021 at 5:55 am.
Old Apr 14th 2021, 12:49 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ayup dreamy, glad its going well 👍👍

I'm still in the pilbara, home next week and fingers crossed on a normal roster thereafter. Daughter's wedding paid for and far too many records bought since I flew in January. Staying on camp instead of having r&r in Perth too, hedland is a shit hole

True story, was knee deep Beach fishing off of the spoil bank at hedland. While there, a couple of council workers came and put a sign up in the car park behind me. I stayed there for another hour or so, then packed up and went back to the ute. Had a look at the sign, it said warning: estuary crocodiles resident in area, do not enter water and do not clean fish near water's edge. What a pair of bastards

Last edited by scrubbedexpat098; Apr 14th 2021 at 1:18 am.