rental in Perth

Old Mar 12th 2010, 1:40 pm
MickyBhoy

mickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to all
Smile rental in Perth

Hi guys
been looking at rentals in Tapping in Perth and there is a few between $400 / $500 per week.
Now a typical Scottish question will i be able to negotiate the price down per week if i am going to rent for long term.
Please advise as i have had to take a major hit on selling my house here in Scotland and dont have as much funds as i would have liked.

Mick
Old Mar 12th 2010, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

liverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really nice
Default Re: rental in Perth

Shop around mate and maybe offer 6 months or so upfront to secure it.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 2:23 pm
MickyBhoy

mickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by liverpool12
Shop around mate and maybe offer 6 months or so upfront to secure it.
Will i get a better rate if i do that?
Also been using realestate any others you can reccommend

Mick
Ps whats happend to your team this season i think they have the Celtic bug
absoulte p*SS
Old Mar 13th 2010, 7:18 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mickpower75
been looking at rentals in Tapping in Perth and there is a few between $400 / $500 per week.
Now a typical Scottish question will i be able to negotiate the price down per week if i am going to rent for long term?
You can always ask. But I doubt it. Landlord's don't have trouble finding tenants, i.e. no need to lower the rent.

$400 to $500 is typical for a 4x2 in this area (we are paying $430 now - we are moving out on 22 May).
Old Mar 13th 2010, 7:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

I'd probably say you wouldn't have a chance. Houses here go so quickly and those that don't are generally lower end or pretty dated looking.

We were one of 22 couples that went for this house that we are in. More than that viewed.

Landlords don't seem to have any problems renting here. If you can;t offer them the money the next person will.

That said, you could always try.
Old Mar 13th 2010, 1:08 pm
MickyBhoy

Originally Posted by ozhappy981
You can always ask. But I doubt it. Landlord's don't have trouble finding tenants, i.e. no need to lower the rent.

$400 to $500 is typical for a 4x2 in this area (we are paying $430 now - we are moving out on 22 May).
Many thanks for that info its appreciated.
do you think i would have a better chance offering them 6months upfront for the property?
also whne wanting a long term rental is it based on 6 months at a time or can you get longer?

Mick
Old Mar 14th 2010, 3:55 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks for that info its appreciated.
do you think i would have a better chance offering them 6months upfront for the property?
also whne wanting a long term rental is it based on 6 months at a time or can you get longer?

Mick
We had a 12 months lease.

If you are renting through an agency you cannot pay 6 months upfront (illegal in WA). If you are renting directly from a private landlord, you can try.
Old Mar 14th 2010, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

eeksy will become famous soon enougheeksy will become famous soon enough

That's not correct. We paid 6 months in advance for our rental and our lease is for a year. Unless that has been changed within the last 8 months or so.
Old Mar 14th 2010, 9:31 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Dont know the central Perth area too well - we are near Mandurah and would say that here you can negotiate and most places wont have multiple people attempting the same rental. 12 month rentals are common. The average for a new 4x2 next to the beach is about $400 per week. A nice 3x2 with a pool next to the ocean which we have is $300
Old Mar 14th 2010, 6:30 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Will i get a better rate if i do that?
Also been using realestate any others you can reccommend

Mick
Ps whats happend to your team this season i think they have the Celtic bug
absoulte p*SS

Reiwa.com.au

rent.com.au
Old Mar 15th 2010, 1:43 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eeksy
That's not correct. We paid 6 months in advance for our rental and our lease is for a year. Unless that has been changed within the last 8 months or so.
Was that to an agent or a private landlord ?
Old Mar 15th 2010, 3:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

agent
Old Mar 15th 2010, 6:20 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kingseat
agent
You are right after all - apparently it is forbidden to ASK for the rent upfront but there is nothing to stop the tenant OFFERING it and the agent accepting it.

Here is a bit of info.

I was under the impression that the agent could not accept that but I was wrong.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 6:30 am
BE Forum Addict

aaaahhhh shame! My agent talks to me like she's got a poker up her arse so I'd have loved to have gone back to her with that one!