Wikiposts

Relocation

Old Dec 31st 2010, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

muditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Relocation

Hi,

I would like to know some things about relocation. Currently i'm living in Dandenong, Victoria and if i relocate to Sydney,

1. If i take my car there, what are the things i have to do with respect to its registration ?

2. Is there anything to be done on drivers license ?

3. What else need to be done when relocating ?
Old Dec 31st 2010, 11:11 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Relocation

Originally Posted by muditha
Hi,

I would like to know some things about relocation. Currently i'm living in Dandenong, Victoria and if i relocate to Sydney,

1. If i take my car there, what are the things i have to do with respect to its registration ?

2. Is there anything to be done on drivers license ?

3. What else need to be done when relocating ?
You need to re-register your car in NSW, and have your drivers licence changed over to a NSW one. You should have 3 months in which to swap your licence over. There should be no charge.

Also notify your Insurance company of the change of address, this may incur an extra premium or a rebate.

Old Jan 1st 2011, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

muditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you.

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
You need to re-register your car in NSW, and have your drivers licence changed over to a NSW one. You should have 3 months in which to swap your licence over. There should be no charge.

Also notify your Insurance company of the change of address, this may incur an extra premium or a rebate.
Old Jan 9th 2011, 8:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

It means if i take my car there, it won't cost anything for registration, isn't it ?

How about moving home furniture and things ? What is the cheapest way to move from Melbourne to Sydney ?
Old Jan 9th 2011, 8:43 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

It means if i take my car there, it won't cost anything for registration, isn't it ?

How about moving home furniture and things ? What is the cheapest way to move from Melbourne to Sydney ?
Buy a roof rack!
Attached Thumbnails Relocation-overloaded.jpg  
Old Jan 9th 2011, 8:45 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm waiting for my car to arrive in wa from qld, I know once my current insurance premium runs out I have to find a new provider as I'm insured with racq. The rest I guess I'll make my way to a dept of transport one day and find out I assume it will be a change of plates and a new license.

The cheapest way to relocate is get someone else to pay
Old Jan 10th 2011, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Do i can take furniture and things by sea ? Will it be so costly than taking through the land ?
Old Jan 10th 2011, 7:42 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Do i can take furniture and things by sea ? Will it be so costly than taking through the land ?
Usually it gets packed into a container and the container goes by rail.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 5:37 am
BE Enthusiast

POW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nice

I am sure there will be costs involved. I recently changed my registration from NSW to Qld. My NSW rego was only 2 months old. I had to cancel the NSW rego and pay the full registration costs for Qld. I had paid nearly $800 for the NSW registration and I got $380 back. There is no refund on taxes paid. Had I known this prior to changing registration, I wouldnt have changed over. I am now in the position of changing it back and I certainly wont be changing it to NSW until the current rego expires.

Barney
Old Jan 11th 2011, 10:53 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

There are lots of interstate removal companies M. Or you can hire a van and drive yourself if you want to... I think that would be your cheapest option.

Are you heading our way? Good luck with it!
Old Jan 11th 2011, 8:14 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond

i'm sure they will need a safty cert for the car (green slip or something like that?
Old Jan 12th 2011, 7:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi,

I'm having my car's registration in VIC until end of May. So if i relocate to NSW, can i wait till end of May to register it with NSW or have to register with them as soon as i moved.

Originally Posted by POW148
I am sure there will be costs involved. I recently changed my registration from NSW to Qld. My NSW rego was only 2 months old. I had to cancel the NSW rego and pay the full registration costs for Qld. I had paid nearly $800 for the NSW registration and I got $380 back. There is no refund on taxes paid. Had I known this prior to changing registration, I wouldnt have changed over. I am now in the position of changing it back and I certainly wont be changing it to NSW until the current rego expires.

Barney
Old Jan 12th 2011, 7:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Smile Re: Relocation

Hi TiddlyPom,

Happy New Year. I tried to contact you through PM, but couldn't.

Yes, if i can get a van and take all the stuff, its easy, but what about furniture ?

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
There are lots of interstate removal companies M. Or you can hire a van and drive yourself if you want to... I think that would be your cheapest option.

Are you heading our way? Good luck with it!
Old Jan 12th 2011, 12:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

POW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nice

Hi,

I'm having my car's registration in VIC until end of May. So if i relocate to NSW, can i wait till end of May to register it with NSW or have to register with them as soon as i moved.
I think you are suposed to reregister within 14 days but I will never do that again. The thieving Gypsie Bastards dont refund the Taxes pro-rata so it ends up costing you big bucks.

Barney
Old Jan 12th 2011, 12:45 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi TiddlyPom,

Happy New Year. I tried to contact you through PM, but couldn't.

Yes, if i can get a van and take all the stuff, its easy, but what about furniture ?
Probably an interstate removals company is your bet. Time to google for costs!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.