Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

registering as a childminder in oz

registering as a childminder in oz

Old Sep 2nd 2009, 10:48 am
BE Enthusiast

paulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nice
Default registering as a childminder in oz

I am a childminder in the Uk and planning to move out early next year, I was wondering if anyone knows what the procedure is to register as a childminder in the Perth area, over here you would have to be inspected and registered by Ofsted, is there anything similar in oz?

Thanks Celia
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 1:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: registering as a childminder in oz

As far as I know you will need a first aid certificate and a working with children card. I think you will need to re-sit any courses over here as I don't think the UK ones stand for much over here but I can find out for you tomorrow from the daycare my little boy goes to.

Other than that, I was a childiminding assistant in the UK - give us a job!
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

I have been told to get a dipoloma in childcare here which I can study for in my own time and it takes as long as it takes to get through. Others with more experience may have different information though.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 2:53 pm
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kingseat
As far as I know you will need a first aid certificate and a working with children card. I think you will need to re-sit any courses over here as I don't think the UK ones stand for much over here but I can find out for you tomorrow from the daycare my little boy goes to.

Other than that, I was a childiminding assistant in the UK - give us a job!
I think you also need Federal police clearance.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 8:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

paulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nice

Thanks for the replies, does anyone know if the first aid certificate from the UK will be any good or do you have to re do first aid course?
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 8:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Check out the Family Day Care site here: http://www.fdca.com.au/childcare_career.html

It has all the info you need.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 7:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for the link, its a big help
Cheers Celia