Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Regional Victoria - any suggestions?

Regional Victoria - any suggestions?

Old Apr 15th 2009, 10:09 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Regional Victoria - any suggestions?

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
The plus for Woodend and Daylesford, would be proximity to Melbourne. They are both very attractive places.
Woodend also has a good microbrewery with a pub attached
Old Apr 15th 2009, 10:10 am
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
It's not on the list...
What about Castlemaine or creswick are nice places close to Melbourne
Old Apr 15th 2009, 10:13 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mohogony
What about Castlemaine or creswick are nice places close to Melbourne
Nope, not on list...
Old Apr 15th 2009, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

Kevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really nice

How about Bendigo?

We came on a State Nominated Visa three years ago and absolutely love it here. Bendigo is a city but you wouldn't know it to look at it. I think we have just reached 100,000 residents and it still amazes me that I can drive through the City Centre without any dramas or traffic jams.

It is about 90 minutes from Melbourne and central to everything in Victoria.

Hazel
Old Apr 15th 2009, 10:20 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kevhaze
How about Bendigo?

We came on a State Nominated Visa three years ago and absolutely love it here. Bendigo is a city but you wouldn't know it to look at it. I think we have just reached 100,000 residents and it still amazes me that I can drive through the City Centre without any dramas or traffic jams.

It is about 90 minutes from Melbourne and central to everything in Victoria.

Hazel
Guess what, it's not on the list! lol
Old Apr 15th 2009, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

Kevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really nice

Oh No!

That list must be very small!

Hazel
Old Apr 15th 2009, 10:23 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by Kevhaze
Oh No!

That list must be very small!

Hazel
It's huge, there are hundreds of places on it!
Old Apr 15th 2009, 10:25 am
Account Closed

Metung or Lakes Entrance?
Bairnsdale is a large town so nightlife and shopping not a problem. There are some lovely areas just out of town (rolling hills). It's between the rolling hills and forests of Gippsland to the south and the Alps to the North. Between Bairnsdale and Melly is the not so nice La Trobe Valley (it's where most of Victoria's electricity is generated). But it is on the doorstep (to the east) of the Victorian lake district.

Not been to Metung but Lakes Entrance is a quaint fishing town (I stopped one night and loved it but would be too small for me to live there). They're small places but not that far from Bairnsdale.

The downside of Bairnsdale is that if you want to get anywhere apart from Melly then it's a hike over the Alps or a drive around the coast. Both great leisure trips but not much cop if you're trying to get somewhere quick.

Bairnsdale has one of the best flying foxes I've been on and it has one of the longest slides I've seen. OH&S obviously hasn't got there yet

I'd be happy living there for a couple of years if I had to.

Have you got a link to the list? It would be worth a look.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 10:27 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

It's huge, there are hundreds of places on it!
Inverloch?
Old Apr 15th 2009, 10:30 am
Account Closed

Inverloch?
Very country. Not that far from Melly (1.5 hours). Nice rolling hills. Near the centre of the recent earthquakes (not sure if that's relevant).
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Bairnsdale is a large town so nightlife and shopping not a problem. There are some lovely areas just out of town (rolling hills). It's between the rolling hills and forests of Gippsland to the south and the Alps to the North. Between Bairnsdale and Melly is the not so nice La Trobe Valley (it's where most of Victoria's electricity is generated). But it is on the doorstep (to the east) of the Victorian lake district.

Not been to Metung but Lakes Entrance is a quaint fishing town (I stopped one night and loved it but would be too small for me to live there). They're small places but not that far from Bairnsdale.

The downside of Bairnsdale is that if you want to get anywhere apart from Melly then it's a hike over the Alps or a drive around the coast. Both great leisure trips but not much cop if you're trying to get somewhere quick.

Bairnsdale has one of the best flying foxes I've been on and it has one of the longest slides I've seen. OH&S obviously hasn't got there yet

I'd be happy living there for a couple of years if I had to.

Have you got a link to the list? It would be worth a look.
https://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.a...a-sponsorship?

You'd probably have to 'register' to view it, it's amongst the finances and settlements section if you click on the blue bar @ the top....
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Very country. Not that far from Melly (1.5 hours). Nice rolling hills. Near the centre of the recent earthquakes (not sure if that's relevant).
lol k...that'd be unnerving lol
Old Apr 15th 2009, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Regional Melbourne - any suggestions?

mohogony;

yes i know harrow, we have family in the town of Balmoral, we also have been renovating a 70 year house in the town right across from the bowling club next time your there stand at the front of the bowling club gates (BBC) on the steel gates & the house right across (weather board) is ours we have done it up completely. Its come up a real treat.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

Jen1977ni;
Bairnsdale is a large town don't worry about that love if you can get a position there jump at it, the town centre is just fantastic i can assure you of that people are great there. i was there 4 weeks ago
Old Apr 15th 2009, 11:23 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Cool, thanks, do you think it'd be worth my making contact with Primary Schools in the area by email, offering to send my CV, or might that be jumping the gun a bit lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.