Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

redbacks, redbacks everywhere !

redbacks, redbacks everywhere !

Old Jan 7th 2007, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

Izzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to behold
Default redbacks, redbacks everywhere !

Over the past year we have found 4 redbacks in our garage. This hasn't really bothered me as they have all been big ones and sitting very obviously in the middle of a large web. Last night I found another one (again in the garage). Tonight, I sprayed the legs of our new BBQ (1 week old) to keep ants away and 2 redbacks jumped out - 1 large and 1 small.

Question is, I know I can set a bomb off in the garage, but what can I do about the ones outside ?
Old Jan 7th 2007, 9:37 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: redbacks, redbacks everywhere !

Sorry can't help but just wondered what a bomb was?

I want to be fully prepared with all bug busting items
Old Jan 7th 2007, 9:45 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Clippies

You can get 'outdoor spray' which has resistance against the weather, and you can spray this in prone areas, which should kill them or keep them away.
You can also spray it around all points of entry on the outside of your home, such as drains, window frames etc.
Old Jan 7th 2007, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

Izzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Clippies

Don't really know as I haven't used one before - but the bug killing section in Safeways is huge and I have lots of friends who swear by them ! I know you have to go out for the day if you set one off - so must be very toxic.
Old Jan 7th 2007, 9:53 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

We have loads by the pool last year in the rock work, found one in the skimmer box lid (where you stick you finger in).

That out door pro stuff you see on TV seem to do the trick
(Shame you can't use it on rats)
Old Jan 7th 2007, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by themerlin
We have loads by the pool last year in the rock work, found one in the skimmer box lid (where you stick you finger in).

That out door pro stuff you see on TV seem to do the trick
(Shame you can't use it on rats)
thanks for the ideas. Have you tried rat sacks for the rats ? We had "something" in our loft and a couple of rat sacks seemed to do the trick with whatever it was !
Old Jan 7th 2007, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

khoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant future

Get a pest company in. They'll spray inside and out. Know what to look for and where to do it...and will get the rats too!
Old Jan 7th 2007, 10:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Izzy
I know I can set a bomb off in the garage, but what can I do about the ones outside ?
Well, if Echelon hasn't flagged this thread for ASIS yet, then I'm sure my mentioning Echelon twice will do the trick

JTL

Last edited by JackTheLad; Jan 7th 2007 at 10:59 pm.
Old Jan 7th 2007, 10:58 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Well, if Echelon hasn't flagged this for ASIS yet, then I'm sure my mentioning Echelon twice will do the trick

JTL
You'd have to say something a bit more dodgy, such as 'cell' and 'Echelon'... That'll get them going.

It must get boring working there.
Old Jan 7th 2007, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by iPom
You'd have to say something a bit more dodgy, such as 'cell' and 'Echelon'... That'll get them going.

oooops!!!
Old Jan 7th 2007, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

khoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant future

And Bush, Blair, hate and death
Old Jan 7th 2007, 11:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
Yeah no end of Echelon baiting I'm sure.

Insurgency Bush conspiracy revolt plan secret tell no one

JTL
Old Jan 7th 2007, 11:09 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Yeah no end of Echelon baiting I'm sure.

Insurgency Bush conspiracy revolt plan secret tell no one

JTL
Absolutely!

bombs deadline blow switch terror hush hush
Old Jan 7th 2007, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

oil crowd city plutonium enrichment israel white house fbi

Old Jan 7th 2007, 11:15 pm
Account Closed

Blair plot treason spy the red cow lands tonight base secret hush hush

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.