Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Received Delivery Yes we have a problem

Received Delivery Yes we have a problem

Old May 16th 2006, 7:10 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute
Default Received Delivery Yes we have a problem

Broken wine glass, Chipped antique furnture - the normal things you expect.

What you dont expect

: Chewing gum (care of PSS packers) in amongst the packing paper surrounding your dining ware.
: No listing on the Manifest for the Bed parts to allow you to put back together you bed (The bolts etc)
: Box References on the Manifest not being the same as actual box contents.

However the local boys from Kent shipping were brilliant and have left us feeling glad to be in Melbourne.

Physically and mentally tired tonight and have alot of unpacking to do in the morning - hopefully will find the bolts otherwise will have to await replacement parts from the UK (airfreight definitely)

Discovered a great cafe up the road from our new home which does really scrummy food (even the local unpacking team were impressed with the lunches we bought for them).

Typical of my experience with Melbourne - all the passersby stopped for a chat - made the unpacking longer but so nice to enjoy chit chat with complete strangers.

Kiwi
Old May 16th 2006, 7:15 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Received Delivery Yes we have a problem

Originally Posted by thebears
Broken wine glass, Chipped antique furnture - the normal things you expect.

What you dont expect

: Chewing gum (care of PSS packers) in amongst the packing paper surrounding your dining ware.
: No listing on the Manifest for the Bed parts to allow you to put back together you bed (The bolts etc)
: Box References on the Manifest not being the same as actual box contents.

However the local boys from Kent shipping were brilliant and have left us feeling glad to be in Melbourne.

Physically and mentally tired tonight and have alot of unpacking to do in the morning - hopefully will find the bolts otherwise will have to await replacement parts from the UK (airfreight definitely)

Discovered a great cafe up the road from our new home which does really scrummy food (even the local unpacking team were impressed with the lunches we bought for them).

Typical of my experience with Melbourne - all the passersby stopped for a chat - made the unpacking longer but so nice to enjoy chit chat with complete strangers.

Kiwi
Hope you get a good sleep and maybe find those bolts in the morning.

Are you able to claim for the damage to your furniture?

Gill
Old May 16th 2006, 7:16 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

If that was all a hint....then sorry..but I'm working in the morning
Old May 16th 2006, 7:19 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Neighbours, everybody needs good neighbours
Old May 16th 2006, 7:23 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Almost there just have 3 bookcases and a super king to put up. Have 30 to 50 boxes to go through (hope its in one of them

Not bothering with insurance but have left a shall we say blunt message with shipping company. Tempted to send something in the mail but I realised I am 36 now not 35

Now where is that cooking wine the OH uses?

Kiwi
Old May 16th 2006, 7:24 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by herrchook
Neighbours, everybody needs good neighbours
Well, I've got to run a chess tournament for 134 primary schools kids tomorrow - I'll gladly unpack if he wants to run my tournament

Last edited by carolinegorka; May 16th 2006 at 7:28 am.
Old May 16th 2006, 7:28 am
Account Closed

Almost there just have 3 bookcases and a super king to put up. Have 30 to 50 boxes to go through (hope its in one of them

Not bothering with insurance but have left a shall we say blunt message with shipping company. Tempted to send something in the mail but I realised I am 36 now not 35

Now where is that cooking wine the OH uses?

Kiwi
I should hope you have said something...and that you get you're stuff sorted.
But what has your age got to do with it?

Have you only got cooking wine?
Old May 16th 2006, 7:35 am
Sunny Sydney

Well, I've got to run a chess tournament for 134 primary schools kids tomorrow - I'll gladly unpack if he wants to run my tournament
134 kids :scared: Best of luck.

Gill
Old May 16th 2006, 7:37 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by herrchook
134 kids :scared: Best of luck.

Gill
Yep......after todays...98 kids :scared:

I'm knackered now!!
Old May 16th 2006, 8:09 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Just paid Dick Turpin at customs and are expecting ours next week.
Old May 16th 2006, 8:37 am
Melbourne Australia

I should hope you have said something...and that you get you're stuff sorted.
But what has your age got to do with it?

Have you only got cooking wine?
Parents said now I'm 36 I have to grow up - typical

Will have more than cooking wine by Saturday

Not the first time this shipping company has fallen over - in the UK they sent the wrong invoices - so if you moved to Auckland recently and used PSS I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE Well used to live :scared:

Kiwi
Old May 16th 2006, 8:43 am
Account Closed

Parents said now I'm 36 I have to grow up - typical

Will have more than cooking wine by Saturday

Not the first time this shipping company has fallen over - in the UK they sent the wrong invoices - so if you moved to Auckland recently and used PSS I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE Well used to live :scared:

Kiwi
Well, if your parents say you do...then you better had (at least while they're there)

Good

Never had that problem..... came here with two suitcases each
Old May 16th 2006, 8:48 am
Melbourne Australia

Well, if your parents say you do...then you better had (at least while they're there)

Good

Never had that problem..... came here with two suitcases each
Its amazing how much junk we accumulated over 12 years in the UK.

Our daughter has already outgrown her bed so thats going into storage for the next one. And shes now in our double. Counting the boxes she has more clothes and shoe boxes than us - how sad.

Off now to get her off to bed.

Kiwi