Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

ratio watch on the box what does this mean

ratio watch on the box what does this mean

Old Dec 29th 2009, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

sormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud of
Default ratio watch on the box what does this mean

hi there,
as my title says really i have been put on ratio watch. i dont really understand what this means and what i have to do. do i have to upload programes or something? how on earth would i do this.
please help
Old Dec 29th 2009, 7:25 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ratio watch on the box what does this mean

Originally Posted by sormesher
hi there,
as my title says really i have been put on ratio watch. i dont really understand what this means and what i have to do. do i have to upload programes or something? how on earth would i do this.
please help
I haven't the foggiest idea what you are talking about - perhaps someone else does?
Old Dec 29th 2009, 7:29 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
I haven't the foggiest idea what you are talking about - perhaps someone else does?
me too,my brain hurts .
Old Dec 29th 2009, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

sormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud of

well thanks for taking part anyway, i am sure there are some users of the box that will be able to help me out!
Old Dec 29th 2009, 8:07 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

well thanks for taking part anyway, i am sure there are some users of the box that will be able to help me out!
What box are you talking about? Have you tried posting this in the Lab? That section is full of nerds who would be all too happy to help if it's a tech problem.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold

I'm bored so i typed 'ratio watch on the box' in to google, second one down may answer your question, pretty easy to find
Old Dec 29th 2009, 8:19 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

hi there,
please help
are you downloading through download sites, if so, it means that you are downloading a lot more than you are uploading, many of the sites expect you to upload at least 70% of what you download, otherwise you get classed as a 'hit and runner' they are warning you to keep uploading, preferably till you have uploaded the same as you have downloaded for each item. I do have to point out that downloading films, CDs, games and other copyrighted material is illegal, and you shouldn't be doing it at all.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

woodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to all

As the man above said What you need to do is keep your connections running so that people access your files or you can buy download data. I sometimes do this as I'm on wireless with a 4 GB limit and can't upload as much as I download.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 9:07 am
ABCDiamond

hi there,
please help
In the rules for thebox it says "A fair ratio to keep is 1.0 - meaning that you have uploaded as much as you have downloaded. Low ratios will result in severe consequences, including banning in extreme cases. "
and
"You must have legal rights to the file you are uploading."

Old Dec 29th 2009, 9:45 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Main reason I don't use torrent sites to download my copyright infringing pirated television programmes. Newsgroups all the way.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 10:17 am
BE Enthusiast

billymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nice

hi there,
please help
If you are a member of thebox read the rules, it is very easy to keep your ratio up on thebox as every body wants coronation st and emmerdale which are free to download but you get credited with the upload
Old Dec 29th 2009, 11:49 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Main reason I don't use torrent sites to download my copyright infringing pirated television programmes. Newsgroups all the way.
Not the torrent sites that are illegal. it's the downloads, so they would still be illegal from newsgroups.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 11:55 am

viviennef is an unknown quantity at this point

I love copyright infrigement. Makes me smile every time. Even though its wrong wrong wrong
Old Dec 29th 2009, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

mulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond repute

Look here
http://thebox.bz/ratio.php

Rules are very straight forward, always look at the up arrow , if hundreds are uploading you will get some benefit unless your connection is below ADSL2 . If you only upload low use files your ratio will never improve.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 8:42 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Not the torrent sites that are illegal. it's the downloads, so they would still be illegal from newsgroups.
Wasn't suggesting they weren't.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.