Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Random Question re Cambridge Diet

Random Question re Cambridge Diet

Old Jul 20th 2011, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

Popsicals will become famous soon enoughPopsicals will become famous soon enough
Default Random Question re Cambridge Diet

Does anyone know a supplier in Perth? I know there is one on here, but her post was years ago so just wondered if anyone doing it in WA and if so who they go to?

Thanks

Pops x
Old Jul 20th 2011, 7:40 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random Question re Cambridge Diet

Originally Posted by Popsicals
Does anyone know a supplier in Perth? I know there is one on here, but her post was years ago so just wondered if anyone doing it in WA and if so who they go to?

Thanks

Pops x
There are a million and one shake type diets on the market here in Perth. All exactly the same as the Cambridge if you must subject your body to a VLCD. All the chemists do them with support from a counsellor.
Old Jul 20th 2011, 7:44 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Popsicals

Thanks

Pops x
Can't help (I didn't think The Cambridge Diet even still existed) but it did remind me of a bloke I knew who did it, probably about 24 years ago.

We were at Scout Sailing Camp (back in the days when I had a social conscience) and one of the leaders was on it. He was most bemused when we told him that it was a meal replacement, not a meal supplement. 'So put down that plate of bacon and eggs and step away from the bread bin'

He looked at us disbelievingly and said 'How do I do that and not [deleted] starve?'
Old Jul 20th 2011, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

Popsicals will become famous soon enoughPopsicals will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Dreamy
Can't help (I didn't think The Cambridge Diet even still existed) but it did remind me of a bloke I knew who did it, probably about 24 years ago.

We were at Scout Sailing Camp (back in the days when I had a social conscience) and one of the leaders was on it. He was most bemused when we told him that it was a meal replacement, not a meal supplement. 'So put down that plate of bacon and eggs and step away from the bread bin'

He looked at us disbelievingly and said 'How do I do that and not [deleted] starve?'
Funny !!! Have never done anything like this, but reading around it. Thanks
Old Jul 20th 2011, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

You can get similar products here, the main one is Optifast http://www.optifast.com.au/about-optifast-vlcd.aspx. There's also IsoWhey http://www.isowhey.com.au/ and Medical Vita Diet http://www.medicalvitadiet.com.au/. Vita Diet has a much larger choice of flavours than the other two. You can buy these from online pharmacists and also get discounts at chemists that have a loyalty program. You can just buy these over the counter and the chemists can provide help if you need it, and the websites are very useful. I don't know how the Tony Ferguson, Kate Morgan and similar programs compare price-wise. You don't have to replace all meals with one of these shakes or bars, you can just choose to replace 1 or 2. You might find that one shake/bar is better than another for staving off the hunger pains, that would vary from one individual to another.