raining chickens

Old Sep 7th 2009, 11:14 am

viviennef is an unknown quantity at this point
Default raining chickens

It is raining like you would not believe and I just thought I would share the fact that I have to now go out and remove a chicken I have under my cubby house trying to break its broody streak because I feel so guilty that it might get cold.

What is my life coming to.
Old Sep 7th 2009, 11:16 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: raining chickens

Originally Posted by viviennef
It is raining like you would not believe and I just thought I would share the fact that I have to now go out and remove a chicken I have under my cubby house trying to break its broody streak because I feel so guilty that it might get cold.

I was wondering what it was doing under there.. kept meaning to ask you, but never got around to it! (as per usual for me and you! LOL!)

Em x
Old Sep 7th 2009, 11:16 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Warm it up then................................in the microwave
Old Sep 7th 2009, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by emelems
I was wondering what it was doing under there.. kept meaning to ask you, but never got around to it! (as per usual for me and you! LOL!)

Em x
I was given advice separate it and make it cold or hang it in a bag up a tree. So I set up a chicken station as you saw - with lots of food and toys. I just went flying in the coop - you want to see how wet I am. Unreal - but anyway that stupid thing is back with her buddies - now tomorrow I guess she will go back to brooding and pecking me and stopping them all laying eggs.

I have no idea why you don't appreciate the cadburys - tastes perfect!
Old Sep 7th 2009, 11:25 am
Account Closed

I was given advice separate it and make it cold or hang it in a bag up a tree. So I set up a chicken station as you saw - with lots of food and toys. I just went flying in the coop - you want to see how wet I am. Unreal - but anyway that stupid thing is back with her buddies - now tomorrow I guess she will go back to brooding and pecking me and stopping them all laying eggs.

I have no idea why you don't appreciate the cadburys - tastes perfect!
lmao Viv.. what are you like? I might turn up with an extra bar for you tomorrow as means of a bribery... might need to take a week off ?! At the end of Sept... take the kids to the Gold Coast.. not sure am still figuring it all out.. just me and the kids I reckon..

Em x
Old Sep 7th 2009, 11:27 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

have to say ... i wasnt quite sure what this thread was going to say ... but you have given me a right laugh!!

hope you and the chicken arent toooo soggy
Old Sep 7th 2009, 11:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Me too!
Old Sep 7th 2009, 12:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
have to say ... i wasnt quite sure what this thread was going to say ... but you have given me a right laugh!!

hope you and the chicken arent toooo soggy
God a blast from the past. Where have you been and still the same avatar.
Old Sep 7th 2009, 12:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by framac67
God a blast from the past. Where have you been and still the same avatar.
You couldn't change an avatar that good though could you?
Old Sep 7th 2009, 12:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

I was given advice separate it and make it cold or hang it in a bag up a tree. . .!
Won't somebody think of the POOR CHICKENS!!?
Old Sep 7th 2009, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by spartacus
Won't somebody think of the POOR CHICKENS!!?
Believe me - its been in the chicken ritz all dayand now I have just put it to bed in her very comfortable house. She spends half her life laying on my day bed and pecking Em as she types.
Old Sep 7th 2009, 1:41 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

I've heard of people trying to stop chooks from going broody but I'm not sure why this is necessary. With mine I put them into a separate box with a few eggs. The only reason I separate them is because the others will keep shoving eggs under her until the poor thing is trying to cover 20 or more of them..
Old Sep 8th 2009, 1:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Believe me - its been in the chicken ritz all dayand now I have just put it to bed in her very comfortable house. She spends half her life laying on my day bed and pecking Em as she types.
Aaah poor old bird . . .

although by her own admittance, she is a bit on the slow side . . .

Last edited by spartacus; Sep 8th 2009 at 3:36 am.
Old Sep 8th 2009, 8:39 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by spartacus
Aaah poor old bird . . .

although by her own admittance, she is a bit on the slow side . . .

Em x
Old Sep 8th 2009, 9:42 am
Account Closed

One of Viv's chickens def was a stalker of mine in a prev life.. it follows me around.. waits outside the office door for me, tries to get into the house when I go and make a cuppa, jumps up next to my desk and stares at me really weirdly (usually when I on the phone!!!).. if I try and shoo it away, it just stands its ground and doesn't move... I am really freaked out by it!!! I kid you not!

Em x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.