Wikiposts

rain!

Old Feb 16th 2010, 11:36 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: rain!

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
First time my folks came over it was raining and overcast for the first 10 days they were here. I could see them actually getting annoyed with me, like it was my fault.

Luckily the sun came out after that, and then it was wall-to-wall sunshine for the remaining 5 weeks of their stay.

JTL
Strange you should say that as I find that with my visitors too.. if it rains then they get really uptight with me as if honestly believe that Australia is 100% sunshine 24/7 !!

The worst one was my sis in law who refused to come over to Queensland in June as it is winter and she wanted to get a tan... Perhaps she should have stuck to Tenerife or somewhere similar! Or, in a severe case of needing to be brown, perhaps patronised a spray tan shop where she could obtain one within 24hrs with no uv exposure!!

Em x
Old Feb 17th 2010, 12:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emelems
Strange you should say that as I find that with my visitors too.. if it rains then they get really uptight with me as if honestly believe that Australia is 100% sunshine 24/7 !!

The worst one was my sis in law who refused to come over to Queensland in June as it is winter and she wanted to get a tan... Perhaps she should have stuck to Tenerife or somewhere similar! Or, in a severe case of needing to be brown, perhaps patronised a spray tan shop where she could obtain one within 24hrs with no uv exposure!!

Em x
The main thing I've noticed in Brisbane is the weather gets stuck in a rut. So it can be sunny for weeks, but if you look at the bom website radar and you see a huge lump of cloud approaching, you know you can be in for a week of rain.

Which is different from the UK, it varied from day to day.

JTL
Old Feb 17th 2010, 7:49 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emelems

Em x
That's bizarre - we encouraged our UK visitors to come over in the Qld winter as the weather was usually perfect! There's no way any of them would have enjoyed themselves quite so much if they'd had to battle the heat and the humidity.

My MIL was amazed when I told her to pack a lightweight waterproof, she thought it never rained here.