Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Racism out, Pom bashing in

Racism out, Pom bashing in

Old Sep 27th 2006, 12:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Racism out, Pom bashing in

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/5383808.stm

But its only ok to call the english Poms if you don't include other coarse language

Kinda takes away the effect, " you Pom you *shakes fist*", doesn't really have the same effect as "ya bloody Pommie b'stard".
Old Sep 27th 2006, 12:31 pm
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Racism out, Pom bashing in

Originally Posted by JackTheLad

But its only ok to call the english Poms if you don't include other coarse language

Kinda takes away the effect, " you Pom you *shakes fist*", doesn't really have the same effect as "ya bloody Pommie b'stard".
well all the bloody Ozzies are Poms anyway. Only the Abbos are the genuine thing.
Old Sep 27th 2006, 12:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulrachel
well all the bloody Ozzies are Poms anyway. Only the Abbos are the genuine thing.
A couple of million Chinese, Indians, Greeks , Italians, Lebanese, and even Irish and Scots might disagree .

I'm Irish, or maybe Scots, but I always take the 'Pom' thing to mean English.

JTL
Old Sep 27th 2006, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

christinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm. Thats strange. Im not Aboriginal yet my passport says my nationality is Australian. And then theres my birth certificate that says Im Australian too. Bloody government never gets things right do they. I will contact them tomorrow and tell them, that despite being a 6th generation Australian, and despite my ancestors being scottish and irish, I am in fact a pom. Thanks for the enlightenment.
Old Sep 27th 2006, 2:32 pm
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

A couple of million Chinese, Indians, Greeks , Italians, Lebanese, and even Irish and Scots might disagree .

JTL
not this one again ,if irish and scots came on some of the prison ships they are bloody poms too ,there was bound to be a few scots and irish amongst all those dastardly english .
Old Sep 27th 2006, 2:35 pm
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by christinabell
Hmm. Thats strange. Im not Aboriginal yet my passport says my nationality is Australian. And then theres my birth certificate that says Im Australian too. Bloody government never gets things right do they. I will contact them tomorrow and tell them, that despite being a 6th generation Australian, and despite my ancestors being scottish and irish, I am in fact a pom. Thanks for the enlightenment.
god forbid there will be any english blood in there .And ofcourse the aboriginals are the true australians ,your family if it didnt get transported here is just part of the squattocracy .
Old Sep 27th 2006, 2:47 pm
Banned

Smile Re: Racism out, Pom bashing in

JTL
Not to be one to be accused of being thin skinned or anything but if any one calls me a bloody pom ,i always give areply ,and do they like it do they f**k ,i cant for the life of me wonder why .I have found the aussies to be the most thin -skinned of all .Any way whats good for the goose is good for the gander as far as im concerned .

Last edited by Buzzy--Bee; Sep 27th 2006 at 3:07 pm. Reason: potential to cause offence
Old Sep 27th 2006, 3:14 pm
Account Closed

graz79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Only the Abbos are the genuine thing.

Don't they think that the original aboriginies came over from New Guinea?
Old Sep 27th 2006, 4:04 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by graz79
Don't they think that the original aboriginies came over from New Guinea?

Couldn't have come from too many other places!
Old Sep 27th 2006, 5:34 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Racism out, Pom bashing in

I wasn't aware that "Pom" had ever been a racist term.

And in any case...

The body did, however, make a fine linguistic distinction, noting that pom was not hurtful when used in isolation, but possibly racist and humiliating when uttered in conjunction with other coarse language.
Old Sep 27th 2006, 11:04 pm
Banned

Wife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
I wasn't aware that "Pom" had ever been a racist term.

And in any case...
It may not be racist but it is an ethnic slur and any ozzy that calls me a pom gets what he deserves.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 5:34 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Racism out, Pom bashing in

Originally Posted by Wife Beater
It may not be racist but it is an ethnic slur and any ozzy that calls me a pom gets what he deserves.
How the hell is it an "ethnic slur"?
Old Sep 28th 2006, 5:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
How the hell is it an "ethnic slur"?
Why not run around birmingham and start calling a few of the local lads a some pommy catch phrases, hey you pooftah pom, or dirty pom, should do the trick.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 5:52 am
Fighting my corner

Lightbulb Re: Racism out, Pom bashing in

Old Sep 28th 2006, 5:56 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

This is just more nanny state bullshit. The Poms & Aussies have always had a go at each other. My grandfather who was a pilot in WW2 flew with Aussies & he told me that they used to wind each other up incessantly but at the end of the day they were all mates. Having a go at the opposition at a sporting event is all part of the fun. I hope the fans ignore this kind of PC crap.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.