Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Quick luggage question

Quick luggage question

Old May 8th 2011, 9:50 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Quick luggage question

Regarding carry on luggage: Can you take your carry on bag + a std laptop bag on an internal Qantas flight?
Old May 8th 2011, 10:01 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quick luggage question

Originally Posted by cresta57
Regarding carry on luggage: Can you take your carry on bag + a std laptop bag on an internal Qantas flight?
Usually you can-unless they have changed the rules again. I put my laptop inside the bag and only take it out for security checks, but have seen business passengers (not only in business class) and non-business passsengers definitely carrying a bag plus laptop (inc laptop bag).

See http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airl...gage/global/en

Last edited by The Bloke; May 8th 2011 at 10:05 am.
Old May 8th 2011, 10:04 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

yes. You will have to take your laptop out of its bag and place on the trays they give you to go through xray.
Old May 8th 2011, 10:22 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys, my dad is panicking about flying Bris to Cairns as his carry on bag is to heavy with his laptop inside. I told him to stick it in it's own bag & carry it on as a handbag
Old May 8th 2011, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys, my dad is panicking about flying Bris to Cairns as his carry on bag is to heavy with his laptop inside. I told him to stick it in it's own bag & carry it on as a handbag
Tell him to tell them that its a manbag.
Old May 8th 2011, 10:56 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

He'll be fine with it separately, only hint I'd add is to try and board quickly as the luggage lockers fill up fast
Old May 8th 2011, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana
He'll be fine with it separately, only hint I'd add is to try and board quickly as the luggage lockers fill up fast

With two metal knees I'm hoping to get him a wheelchair or at least assistance with his bags.
I can't belive that at 74 he's sailing Cairns to Darwin then Darwin to Thailand
Old May 8th 2011, 11:11 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

With two metal knees I'm hoping to get him a wheelchair or at least assistance with his bags.
to him! I wouldn't mention the sailing bit to Qantas though, just the metal knees!!! Certainly worth asking, I've known them be pretty good on things like assistance for compassionate flights, so give it a go
Old May 8th 2011, 11:18 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Can't keep him out of a boat so you might have to save up for a Viking funeral when the time comes....
Old May 8th 2011, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana
to him! I wouldn't mention the sailing bit to Qantas though, just the metal knees!!! Certainly worth asking, I've known them be pretty good on things like assistance for compassionate flights, so give it a go
lol yep we had that conversation, I get him a wheelchair & he spends the flight chatting up the airhostess telling her about his impending sailing trip to Thailand.

My mum already told him it's his funeral Carl
Old May 8th 2011, 11:36 am
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, there shouldn’t be a problem. Make sure it has some charge when you go to board.

They may ask you to turn it on – happened to me once, and I had flattened the battery using it in the departure lounge. The charger was in the luggage, and there was some delay whilst they took a good look at it to confirm that it wasn’t a bomb. Apparently laptops converted to bombs don’t work…..

Re the knees, if you tell them at check in they may well give you a seat with more legroom. QANTAS are pretty good that way.
Old May 8th 2011, 12:43 pm
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

If he wants any help at all in Cairns I'm back on the 27th May. Finger f just past the Salt House. I've sailed Cairns to Darwin before as well so could help with anchorages and charts. Unfortunately I might miss him as I am freezing my arse off in the Shetlands for a while but if he's still around..,.
Old May 8th 2011, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer
If he wants any help at all in Cairns I'm back on the 27th May. Finger f just past the Salt House. I've sailed Cairns to Darwin before as well so could help with anchorages and charts. Unfortunately I might miss him as I am freezing my arse off in the Shetlands for a while but if he's still around..,.
This will be his third time around for the Cairns to Darwin. He's bringing the chart/books as the bloke who he's crewing for is a first timer. He'll be in Cairns on or around the 30th May You guys should have a beer or two he's full of seafaring tales lol
Off topic:
Do you have C-Map?
Old May 8th 2011, 1:01 pm
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

This will be his third time around for the Cairns to Darwin. He's bringing the chart/books as the bloke who he's crewing for is a first timer. He'll be in Cairns on or around the 30th May You guys should have a beer or two he's full of seafaring tales lol
Off topic:
Do you have C-Map?
Yes. We have C Map. I'll send you a pm nearer the time. He'll have a great time - the weather was lovely when I left - humidity disappearing. Only time of year to sail - off to Lizard Island for a month when I get back.