Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Queensland house prices more affordable?

Queensland house prices more affordable?

Old Jun 5th 2008, 2:01 am
Forum Regular

sklinky will become famous soon enough
Default Queensland house prices more affordable?

BLIGH GREENFIELD STUDY REVEALS LAND, LOTS OF LAND

Premier Anna Bligh announced the State Government would fast-track planning for development of 17 greenfield sites in South-East Queensland, as part of its plan to tackle housing affordability.

Ms Bligh said while the Government was limited in its ability to influence housing prices, she was determined to do everything possible to tackle the issue of affordability.

"I want the Australian dream to be alive and well here in Queensland, particularly for young people wanting to own their first home.

"I want to see land being turned into new homes for Queenslanders as quickly as humanly possible and this investigation looked at 42 greenfield areas - containing more than 40,000ha of undeveloped land.

"As a result - the Government will remove any regulatory hurdles slowing the development process on 12 sites:

• Maroochydore, Meridian Plains, on the Sunshine Coast;
• Market Drive and North Lakes in Moreton Bay;
• Upper Kedron and Rochedale in Brisbane;
• Coomera and Helensvale on the Gold Coast;
• Springfield and Redbank Plains in Ipswich; and
• Kinross Road and South-East Thornlands in Redlands.

Some good news hopefully for the future!!!
Too late for us though!!!!
Old Jun 5th 2008, 3:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Queensland house prices more affordable?

Originally Posted by sklinky
BLIGH GREENFIELD STUDY REVEALS LAND, LOTS OF LAND

Premier Anna Bligh announced the State Government would fast-track planning for development of 17 greenfield sites in South-East Queensland, as part of its plan to tackle housing affordability.

Ms Bligh said while the Government was limited in its ability to influence housing prices, she was determined to do everything possible to tackle the issue of affordability.

"I want the Australian dream to be alive and well here in Queensland, particularly for young people wanting to own their first home.

"I want to see land being turned into new homes for Queenslanders as quickly as humanly possible and this investigation looked at 42 greenfield areas - containing more than 40,000ha of undeveloped land.

"As a result - the Government will remove any regulatory hurdles slowing the development process on 12 sites:

• Maroochydore, Meridian Plains, on the Sunshine Coast;
• Market Drive and North Lakes in Moreton Bay;
• Upper Kedron and Rochedale in Brisbane;
• Coomera and Helensvale on the Gold Coast;
• Springfield and Redbank Plains in Ipswich; and
• Kinross Road and South-East Thornlands in Redlands.

Some good news hopefully for the future!!!
Too late for us though!!!!
The mayor here is going right off about it, in a nutshell infastructure, 50,000 blocks of land in caloundra which is basically a VERY small town with nice beaches and 2 ways in which are chockers with traffic at peak times already.

Cheap land, will probably mean incredibly small plots in huge mega thousand home estates, developers/councils will still want their profits, it wont be that cheap at all, just really horrible estates IMO.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 8:32 am
Oxford - SEQ August 07

Urno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really nice
Default Re: Queensland house prices more affordable?

Originally Posted by jad n rich
The mayor here is going right off about it, in a nutshell infastructure, 50,000 blocks of land in caloundra which is basically a VERY small town with nice beaches and 2 ways in which are chockers with traffic at peak times already.

Cheap land, will probably mean incredibly small plots in huge mega thousand home estates, developers/councils will still want their profits, it wont be that cheap at all, just really horrible estates IMO.
I agree. It's quite ironic though, whinging about it being an immigrant myself, but i'd hate to see anymore trees cut down/buildings go up, as it's bad enough as it is (relatively speaking).

I get the feeling that the QLD government isn't particularly on the ball, which can't bode too well for the Federal version (not that i have any particular problems with them thus far). On the other hand Big Bob's rhetoric on the future of the Sunshine Coast included reducing population growth, which was very encouraging. Don't know how much clout he's got against the state government though...