Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

QLD the Smart State!!!

Wikiposts

QLD the Smart State!!!

Old Oct 18th 2010, 8:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: QLD the Smart State!!!

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
Strange that in a country where it is obligatory to indicate (not that you'd know it half of the time) the road rules (in Victoria at least) state that "you should indicate left when leaving a roundabout where practicable" Bloody wars, how difficult can it be? Unless you are on the phone of course. It's not obligatory to indicate in the UK and yet probably, the best use of the left turn indicator you see is at roundabouts.
I dunno. My pet peeve in the UK was people not indicating to turn left before they enter the roundabout. So you sit there waiting for them to go straight across in front of you, but they turn left. Completely oblivious to you waiting and giving way to your right.

I've found the driving here to be ok so far.

I didn't know it was obligatory to indicate here. That's good to know. It should be law everywhere.

Last edited by Alfresco; Oct 18th 2010 at 8:53 pm.
Old Oct 18th 2010, 8:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

pproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud of
Default Re: QLD the Smart State!!!

I think it's hysterical but it would be fun and it is only option unless they use present road and make left lane for slow coaches and right lane for fast which is the unwritten rule in France and works well when they are not blockading the roads.

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
So you're suggesting that Australia rebuild all the roads around the country to be on a par with the German Autobahns just so people can drive, at times, up to 130/140kms? Sorry but that's laughable.

No one has ever been able to explain to me why they need to speed. You (general) need to get from A to B. Why does it appear necessary to get there five minutes earlier than if you (general) had stuck to the speed limit? What's the hurry?

Don't worry about answering, it's rhetorical really, even if there is a vaguely justifiable reason, I still won't understand or see the need for it.