Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Putting things into perspective

Putting things into perspective

Old Feb 4th 2007, 8:19 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Putting things into perspective

After reading about the lady posters husband being killed saving their son, which was really upsetting, I have today had a phone call from a dear friend of mine here who's been diagnosed with malignant melanoma.

My hubby and I had be quarreling over money (you know, usual scene! ) when she called to tell me.

Suddenly things like money, arguing kids, country we live in, all seem to be rather insignificant. We have our health. We are all together and safe.

I'm not religious at all really. But tonight I will be thanking "Him" for what we have and saying a few prayers.
Old Feb 4th 2007, 8:46 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Putting things into perspective

I know what you mean Tracey, times like this make you seriously take stock don't they.

Heartbreaking
Old Feb 4th 2007, 12:02 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clippies
I know what you mean Tracey, times like this make you seriously take stock don't they.

Heartbreaking
So very true, there have been a few wake up calls on this forum over time - think back to the experiences of Hevs and Hup in the last year, go back further and read posts by Bundy about her mum. There is a guy DavidT who came out not long after me, and I will never forget reading his thread - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=236716
D a search on his username and you will find things are going on OK now, but they had one hell of a wake up call.

Please treasure the people you love, and above all make sure they know how you feel. None of us know whats round the corner.
Old Feb 4th 2007, 12:08 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Clippies

Heartbreaking
Absolutely ....never take for granted that which is so fragile.
Old Feb 4th 2007, 1:42 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
After reading about the lady posters husband being killed saving their son, which was really upsetting, I have today had a phone call from a dear friend of mine here who's been diagnosed with malignant melanoma.

My hubby and I had be quarreling over money (you know, usual scene! ) when she called to tell me.

Suddenly things like money, arguing kids, country we live in, all seem to be rather insignificant. We have our health. We are all together and safe.

I'm not religious at all really. But tonight I will be thanking "Him" for what we have and saying a few prayers.
absolutely tracey and I find myself agreeing with you twice in one week.
Old Feb 4th 2007, 2:08 pm
Account Closed

sassycat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TraceyW

Tragedies like this sure put things into perspective.

Falling out over trivial matters (and to be honest most things we fall out over are) seem so pointless and makes me feel quite humble.

My thoughts and prayers are with the family

SC xxxxxxx