Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Public Sevant slackers.....GRRR

Public Sevant slackers.....GRRR

Old Jul 27th 2006, 3:18 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute
Default Public Sevant slackers.....GRRR

[B]Just have to moan and get this off my chest.....

We have a temp in at work and she is sooooooooooooooo slack - I am past frustration.

She comes from the public service bacground - where employees have 2 speeds slow and reverse...

I talked to my boss and he admits that it is true but as we are stuck between a rock and a hard place - we will have to put up with her for another 8 weeks.... makes my blood boil.

The thing is, we can't replace her as we spent 3 weeks training her - although you wouldn't think that. she has only managed to pick up and keep on task 35% of the original role..so guees who got the rest??? Of course along with my own role......

Yep ME

F**ked off and I had to pick this particular time to do the crash diet thing which means I don't consume alcohol anymore and I gave up smoking years ago.....I am FIT TO BURST with frustration
Old Jul 27th 2006, 3:26 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Public Sevant slackers.....GRRR

Originally Posted by sasbear

We have a temp in at work and she is sooooooooooooooo slack - I am past frustration.
Get back to work Sasbear
Old Jul 27th 2006, 10:13 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Public Sevant slackers.....GRRR

She comes from the public service bacground - where employees have 2 speeds slow and reverse...
As a public servant that has been working flat out since 8am with no lunch break and only just left work at 7.30pm and nearly the same yesterday and the day before....please don't tar us all with the same brush
Old Jul 27th 2006, 10:33 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
As a public servant that has been working flat out since 8am with no lunch break and only just left work at 7.30pm and nearly the same yesterday and the day before....please don't tar us all with the same brush
Aye, hear hear.

Although my day wasn't as busy as yours
Old Jul 27th 2006, 10:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Bert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe the person who hired her should be kicked up the a**! She is obviously better at convincing people she is good, than actually being good!!
Old Jul 27th 2006, 11:37 am
Account Closed

conat is an unknown quantity at this point

I talked to my boss and he admits that it is true but as we are stuck between a rock and a hard place - we will have to put up with her for another 8 weeks.... makes my blood boil.

The thing is, we can't replace her as we spent 3 weeks training her - although you wouldn't think that. she has only managed to pick up and keep on task 35% of the original role..so guees who got the rest??? Of course along with my own role......

Yep ME

F**ked off and I had to pick this particular time to do the crash diet thing which means I don't consume alcohol anymore and I gave up smoking years ago.....I am FIT TO BURST with frustration

Sometimes it takes people longer to get to grips with things (she required training)and when they do can become really fast, accurate workers.

Unfortunately her being a temp doesn't allow for this, so could you not take her aside and tell HER that her lack of expediency is causing you double work and encourage her to speed up a bit.

I used to fume and stomp and say nothing, but have since found a nice chat sometimes does the trick
Old Jul 27th 2006, 11:45 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by conat
Sometimes it takes people longer to get to grips with things (she required training)and when they do can become really fast, accurate workers.

Unfortunately her being a temp doesn't allow for this, so could you not take her aside and tell HER that her lack of expediency is causing you double work and encourage her to speed up a bit.

I used to fume and stomp and say nothing, but have since found a nice chat sometimes does the trick
Yea, or failing that, write 'Kick me' on a piece of A4 paper and pin it to her back.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 11:52 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Yea, or failing that, write 'Kick me' on a piece of A4 paper and pin it to her back.
Make her permanent and give her a promotion - isn't that what they do in the public sector?

It sure does happen in the London public housing trusts.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 12:23 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Pin it on her fat lazy arris!
Old Jul 27th 2006, 12:30 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Yep ME

It's Canberra, what do you expect???
Old Jul 27th 2006, 1:21 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

I was going to say that as a public sector worker myself, we are not all lazy - then realised that I`d just posted on another thread rthe fact that Im in work at my pc eating a jar of Nutella and looking at expats . However in my defence I have been in since 7am as usual and I do work bloody hard to get all my work done and on time (Im now very smugly admiring my empty work tray)
Old Jul 27th 2006, 2:03 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thebears
Make her permanent and give her a promotion - isn't that what they do in the public sector?
Is it? Not in my experience.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 9:46 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Is it? Not in my experience.
Hi Pollyana

My comment was specific based on your case of them making others perm but keeping you as temp. On basis that they promote the crap and keep the hard workers like yourself hanging on
Old Jul 28th 2006, 12:50 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

erm may try that one
Old Jul 28th 2006, 12:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
I was going to say that as a public sector worker myself, we are not all lazy - then realised that I`d just posted on another thread rthe fact that Im in work at my pc eating a jar of Nutella and looking at expats . However in my defence I have been in since 7am as usual and I do work bloody hard to get all my work done and on time (Im now very smugly admiring my empty work tray)

Soory for all the public servant this touched a nerve with - sorry to tar all with same brush.....

but now Friday and last saw the temp heading for the kitchen - she keeps cleaning and washing - instead of filing - is it me???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.