Princess Diana

Old Aug 31st 2011, 7:41 pm
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Princess Diana

I was in Sweden. Turned on the telly and thought, oh no, Princess Anne has been killed. But then I realised that "princessan" is Swedish for "the princess" and it was Diana, so I thought, well, that's all right then.
Old Sep 1st 2011, 2:26 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

We had just turned up to my OH's company bbq lunch/Aussie football match at a park here in Perth. His colleagues and partners greeted us with the news about the crash and said that she was injured. We had heard nothing about it, so were pretty shocked. I wasn't impressed by the nasty comments they made - I think they thought they were being funny, but I found it vicious and disrespectful. Afterwards we went home and watched the news on TV for the rest of the day. It was even harder to believe the whole thing from over here.
Old Sep 1st 2011, 9:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HelenTD
We had just turned up to my OH's company bbq lunch/Aussie football match at a park here in Perth. His colleagues and partners greeted us with the news about the crash and said that she was injured. We had heard nothing about it, so were pretty shocked. I wasn't impressed by the nasty comments they made - I think they thought they were being funny, but I found it vicious and disrespectful. Afterwards we went home and watched the news on TV for the rest of the day. It was even harder to believe the whole thing from over here.
It was sad, but I found the whole 'Diana' thing worse. You know, 'the real member of the family', 'normal' the 'Saint' - yadda yadda.

She was very manipulative, I thought. And not that pretty...
Old Sep 1st 2011, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

I was in France, at holiday park with my parents and brothers. We made friends with another family and the dad in that family worked for the British Embassy. He woke us up to tell us as he found out quite early on.

My mum loves Princess Di, and her and my dad met her a few times when my dad was in the army. We cut our holiday short (it wasn't that great anyway) to go back to England so we could see the funeral.
Old Sep 1st 2011, 10:29 am
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
It was sad, but I found the whole 'Diana' thing worse. You know, 'the real member of the family', 'normal' the 'Saint' - yadda yadda.

I think she was very affected and played the victim to her own ends. When she came out with the 'I'm bulimic' clap trap she shot below absolute zero in my opinion. The Martin Bashir interview still makes me feel squeamish...
Old Sep 1st 2011, 10:43 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

I heard the news on the radio whilst driving back home along the M4 the morning after a moderately heavy night out in Bristol. I didnt regard it has terribly significant or important...

...a couple of days later however, I had a gig with a high quality rock covers band I was playing in at a pub in the small town of Fleet. Our singer(an attractive but dim blonde bombshell) at one point promptly told our audience that she wanted to dedicate our next song to the memory of Princess Diana, - so I assumed that meant we we're going to launch straight into "Stupid Girl" (Garbage 1995). When I said that out loud I thought our singer was going to take a swing at me.... It still makes me giggle.
Old Sep 1st 2011, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

In Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
I was going to make a 'too far?' joke and you edited it out
i cant just simply hand you the puns as obvious as that one (hence deleted), you have to work harder for your jokes sir
Old Sep 1st 2011, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute

My husband (then boyfriend) and I were very very hungover and had to move into our first 'grown up' house together. Most surreal day of my life. Everything felt over the top and unreal.......
Old Sep 1st 2011, 11:38 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
They say that you always remember what you were doing when you found out that she had died, so what were you doing when you found out?
They say the same about the day JFK was assassinated but I have no idea what I was doing for either.

I do remember what I was doing when I heard about Elvis and 9/11 though.
Old Sep 1st 2011, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer
I think she was very affected and played the victim to her own ends. When she came out with the 'I'm bulimic' clap trap she shot below absolute zero in my opinion. The Martin Bashir interview still makes me feel squeamish...
I found it very upsetting for several reasons. It's always sad that someone dies young, particularly when they've been through a great deal of distress without necessarily coming out the other side. I don't like being away from the UK when something major happens, it sort of exaggerates the feeling of isolation and being away from family, friends and homeland. I was also upset for her children and I think that I felt this more as I was about 7.5 months pregnant with my first child, so there were plenty of hormones swirling around.
Old Sep 1st 2011, 2:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

I remember feeding my second child in bed and being half asleep with Talksport on the radio.It was first reported that she was seen walking around with a broken arm before the news broke that she had died.
Old Sep 1st 2011, 5:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

don544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond repute

My wife and i were camping in barmouth. Heard it on the radio news.
personally, i had no time for her. still can't see why charles gets so much flack for having one affair, when she was shagging anything that moved!
Old Sep 1st 2011, 6:05 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by don544
My wife and i were camping in barmouth. Heard it on the radio news.
personally, i had no time for her. still can't see why charles gets so much flack for having one affair, when she was shagging anything that moved!
I've got no time for her or did either but it could be said that the only reason she went off to shag the world (and presumably not his wife) was simply because Charles never stopped shagging the one. I was always confused that anyone was surprised when it all went pear shaped. He only married her to produce the heir and the spare.
Old Sep 1st 2011, 6:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Well today marks the 14th Anniversary of Diana's death. Can't believe it's that long ago to be honest!

They say that you always remember what you were doing when you found out that she had died, so what were you doing when you found out?
I was watching the tele.
Old Sep 1st 2011, 6:19 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartacus
I was watching the tele.
What was on?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.