Wikiposts

Prawns - OMG!

Old Jan 22nd 2011, 8:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prawns - OMG!

Originally Posted by bcworld
Even when it's still alive???

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PRbqbiD0ZRY
wouldn't mind putting something else in that mouth
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 8:25 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by papilon
wouldn't mind putting something else in that mouth
The only comment on the video was something along those lines!
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 8:29 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

It was, too. Do you get raw/live prawns that colour?

I'm a total hypocrite - I love drunken prawns but I hate it when they bring them to the table live and pour the booze over them, so I have them do it out the back.

edit: Although this request got missed when we had friends over from the UK (to Sg) and I have a cracking photo of their expressions.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 8:29 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
Even when it's still alive???

STOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP LOL BOKE!!!
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 8:31 pm
Banned

gr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
We just BBQ'd some whole prawns and when I pulled the head off one of mine this bright orange liquid shot out across the table, anyone know what it was?! We had to throw the rest out as it's turned us both!
the orange liquid turned you both or the shooting of that orange liquid across the table turned you?
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
Yup, that's the norm. They also have a tube of poo running the full length of them, which is why you often get them butterflied in restaurants (not to make them look pretty).

papilon, does she eat the shells too? I was gobsmacked the first time I saw somebody do that.
Yes she does on the smaller ones, i will also eat the tails sometimes on the small ones. Not much left of a fish head when she gets hold of one, eyeballs and all, tendons, cartildge and most of the innards of an animal seem fair game. But cheese apparently is disgusting
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 8:38 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

STOPPPPPP I FEEL EVEN MORE SICK NOWWWWWW!!! ARGHHHHHH lol
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 8:45 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Yes she does on the smaller ones, i will also eat the tails sometimes on the small ones. Not much left of a fish head when she gets hold of one, eyeballs and all, tendons, cartildge and most of the innards of an animal seem fair game. But cheese apparently is disgusting
Well nothing is wasted, that's for sure, so you can't knock it. We used to live in the thick of all the local food courts and coffee shops, but I still couldn't bring myself to try "pig organ soup", and never saw the attraction of chicken feet.

Eating cheese makes us ang mohs/westerners smelly, so I'm told. Fair call - a lot of Asians are lactose intolerant. (As am I, actually )
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 9:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well nothing is wasted, that's for sure, so you can't knock it. We used to live in the thick of all the local food courts and coffee shops, but I still couldn't bring myself to try "pig organ soup", and never saw the attraction of chicken feet.

Eating cheese makes us ang mohs/westerners smelly, so I'm told. Fair call - a lot of Asians are lactose intolerant. (As am I, actually )
Do you know the outdoor eating area that specializes in seafood not far from Clark Quay? Would love to go back there on my next visit to SNG.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 9:11 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by unfair dinkum
Crustacean jizz?
Doubt it. Jen would have swallowed it otherwise
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 9:15 pm
Auntie Fa

Do you know the outdoor eating area that specializes in seafood not far from Clark Quay? Would love to go back there on my next visit to SNG.
Hmmm, not sure where you mean. Seafood is everywhere in Sg and many places are outdoors. You don't mean Lau Pa Sat? http://www.laupasat.biz/home.html Not too far from Clarke Quay.

I would actually recommend going to "No Signboard" seafood restaurant at Geylang (round the corner from my old house!) or the East Coast Seafood Centre. Take a look at the link in my sig for more details. There are other places more off the beaten track but not great to get to without a car.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 10:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

But they barbeque well in their shells, so it's a choice you make.
Yeah, but you take the head and poop out and leave the rest of the shell in tact. My gran used to spread the crab poo on toast and eat it.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 11:56 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Buy deshelled and deheaded ones.
Amen to that. If I buy them whole, I'll sit down and de-head, de-scale, de-poop-chute them.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 6:57 am
Auntie Fa

Originally Posted by Kim67
Yeah, but you take the head and poop out and leave the rest of the shell in tact. My gran used to spread the crab poo on toast and eat it.
I'm not sure I'm sufficiently dexterous to get out the tract without cutting the flesh
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 7:40 am
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute

I was brought up in Hong Kong so I have no squeemish feelings around prawns........yum! You've just cooked a creature, it's head juice has to go somewhere! I draw the line at sucking the heads though. My Dad was always considered cool by teenage friends cos he'd dare them to eat the eyes on huge fish - he always won!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.